25+ general

I'm sick of seeing college threads filled with normies in the prime of their lives. Let's have a literary safe space for people aged 25+.

>age
>job / how you spend your free time
>reading
>hopes
>hates

>26
>ridiculously low effort government job, spend most of my free time sitting around in public feeling sad, reading, gym, internet
>The fountainhead, great expectations, war and peace
>hope I'll stop reading boring books, learn programming, do productive things in spare time
>currently consumed by blackpill despair (I'm too ugly to ever have friends or attention from women)

> 27
> NEET with social anxiety, spend free time tending crops on farm games and city building, reading, pretending to write, and being asked to babysit my normie family
> Moby Dick, Stoner, some genreshit, probably Abercrombie
> find something that will pay me to have minimal human contact, lose weight, write something I'm proud of
> myself, I feel you on the blackpill despair OP

>age
Network engineer
Spent time mostly with video games or talking to people on discord
>reading
Have a extensive collection, don't read much anymore..
>hopes
Get a family, be happy, stop focusing on work so much and letting my career control my life/mood
>hates
myself

>age

Grocery store, pays quite well because unionized, if you're willing to put in the time
Reading, vidya

>reading
Just finished Jung & Friends' "Man and His Symbols"
Feeling inspired to start reading the Bible next

>hopes
Permanent inner peace

>hates
Moral

[X] HATE moral relativism*

>>age
>>job / how you spend your free time
financial analyst / books, film
>>reading
alfred jarry's dr. faustroll
>>hopes
for art to become dangerous again
>>hates
nothing

I went back to college in my mid-thirties. I felt really awkward about being "the old guy" in the classroom and this was exacerbated when, on the first day of class, I suffered a heart attack.

Medic. Sometimes I play vidya, but reading is my thing these days.
The Noonday Demon. I'd say it's a bit too long but I'm sort of enjoying it.
I hope to die soon and swiftly. Don't really like being here anymore.
I don't hate anything but myself.

wew.

>age
Work in property management. Free time spent reading, lifting, shitposting
>reading
A book on roman history and a political/cultural commentary
>hopes
Need to get a better job. Want to travel/elope with my gf and start a family. I also hope the monetary system crashes and cryptocurrencies take its place
>hates
shitty tenants, the monetary system, kurt vonnegut

You literally sound like a character for a Van Wilder 3 sequel.

>29
>currently unemployed (will work for food), applying to Master's programs
>olyboo shit, acting, decomposing
>Soldier of Arete
>hope to attain an executive position in the city or county government where I live (Meet: the Mayor). Also, direct plays and teach young actors.
>??

>26
>bartender/philosophy student
>Den unge Amalie Skram
>to get the girl I've always wanted
>nothing much, maybe people who feel too sorry for themselves to try improve things

and I just had a 18 year old girl confess that she "fell in love with my beard" so things are okay.

You're only the old guy if you interrupt constantly to talk about your "valuable" life experiences and how they actually taught you as much as, if not more than, this lesson teaches.

I've been in and out of many universities studying at all levels over the past 15 years; as long as you are attentive, hard working, and relaxed no one will bat an eye--in a grad program you might end up being one of the younger ones.

> age
> job / how you spend your free time
engineer / reading / writing poetry on anonymous twitter accounts / going on runs through the forest
> hopes
that i can write good poems
> hates
poetry

oh yeah and im reading the shadowrun player's guide

>Age: 29
>Job: Full-time NEET. Ridden with anxiety and depression. In a really dark place.
>Reading: LOTR
>Hopes: I would like to start performing stand-up comedy
>Hates: Myself and the extent to which I have wasted a lot of years.

> age

> job
Software Engineer /originality
Free time is about 90% shitposting on Veeky Forums/reddit while running some incremental games in the background

> reading
Fermor - Between the Woods and the Water (a 1930s travelogue across eastern Europe), it's from NYRB

> hopes
There are a few, but I'll elaborate on a few.
* I want to get into ceramics, but a low-end wheel/kiln/materials is easily $1k or more. Local community colleges don't have courses on it, although I might be able to try one of the major universities an hour away.
* Expand my book collection. I've gotten to the point where I have more books than shelf space, and by the time I retire I hope to have a home library/reading room.
* Retire from software during middle-age to a low-level museum or academic gig, most likely some form of tech support. While enjoy working on some bleeding edge items, it's pretty niche and I'd like to work in the humanities. I've taken a few online courses/lectures and read about it after work.

> hates
* Careers. If money weren't an issue I'd jump from job to job forever (butcher, librarian, actuary, etc). Partially for the novelty, partially because I hate the idea of being locked into one thing for 30 years.
* Boring people. I don't necessarily have to be interested in the same things as other people, but if you clearly don't give a shit about anything when the total sum of human knowledge is at your disposal, you aren't worth talking to. And none of this "oh I'm into cooking" says the guy who made calamari one time five years ago, or "I love to travel" says the guy who does fuckall on a beach for two weeks.
* Birds. Dinosaurs are cool, but birds are fucking weird. They shit all over the place, are complete assholes, and live for 30+ years so you can never get rid of them. Fuck birds.

>age
Offline janitor
>reading
Seven Nights by Borges and Disgrace by Coetzee
>hopes
Get a few IT certs and work off my feet
>hates
My current job/The coworker "with a high IQ"

>and I just had a 18 year old girl confess that she "fell in love with my beard" so things are okay.
Fulde gymnasie toser er altid underholdende

>age: 24 (fuck you, it's close enough)
>job: Still an undergrad kek. English major/math minor, spend my free time studying/listening to music
>reading: Was reading Lost in the Funhouse by Barth, but school started and I haven't had time to finish it
>hopes: Wanna be a music composer, but that'll never happen. Ideally just live comfily with a good sound system and a big bookshelf
>hates: Can't think of too many. Political extremism is annoying. My lack of discipline is terrible, I'd be good at many things if I had some.

>age: 24 (fuck you, it's close enough)

No it's not, fuck off you normie college kid.

>29
>editor
>free time - reading, lifting, sports, horses
>reading - Book of the Short Sun & Anna Karenina
>hopes - to create a successful business online with passive income and build a comfy ranch in the mountains
>hates - JWO/modernity

>normie

I'm triggered by this accusation, but not enough to provide evidence to the contrary. Back to r9k with you schwuchtel

>hates: modernity

I sure hope you mean post modernity

>28 years old
>Financial analyst for my dad's company. I also run a couple of Facebook meme pages.
>Currently reading biographies of famous people, right now Franco by Paul Preston
>I hope for a gf
>reddit

Do you work at Kroger? I was a fuel clerk there.

>16
>Military. I spend most of my time ruminating over ideas far more advanced than the petty drivel you eternal adolescents """"think""""" about.
>The Odyssey
>Going to Westpoint would be nice and looks highly likely. Eliminating my neuroticism and becoming more phlegmatic will be of great aid.
>Pseudo-intellectual manchildren

>26
>College Student. I read, gym, hike, swim, volunteer, tutor.
>Just finished Martian Time Skip.
>Hope to get into a top tier Bioengineering or Chemical Engineering graduate program next year.
>Still being an undergrad.

>70
>ruling the world / reading, gambling, writing, enjoying life
>various books of ancient wisdom
>discover immortality
>noone, but my enemies will lose

>26
>data analysis for a renewable energy startup, Army Reserves supply chain POG
>been trying to get into poetry, can't get past entry level shit for young men like Kipling and Tennyson and Longfellow

>afraid that by the time a decent war comes along, I'll be too old to be part of it and will have to watch the next generation do it all

Reading My Boy Jack makes me sick to my stomach.

>27
>unemployed, depressed
>gulag archipelago
>catch a break
>marxism

>28
>clinical psychologist
>Gravity's rainbow to unwind, a few academic books to help with work
>save the world, be the next RAW
>people who think opinions are equally valid when one is much more informed than another

Whatever they call it these days.

>25

>Neet-lite, part time work. Exercise, learning to cook, excessive amounts of time on health/hygiene, reading, film, seeking social contact through the internet, listening to podcasts usually combined with something else

>Greeks

>GF, steady work, independence, good nest egg of cash, and treatment of various health issues.

>Self, self-loathers, attractive men, fat women, bleeding hearts.

>21
>biology student, doing some research on a molecular biology lab (hate it, but I don't see myself doing any other kind of job)
>Knut Hamsun lyrical works, some Trakl... I'm pretty tired of literature to be honest
>I wish I could get a job with a low workload and just live a relaxed life, I don't need much money
>the sexual liberation

Pic related is you.

Get the fuck outta here, you're not included.

This is your dad here. I've been tracking your internet usage.

Why are you on Veeky Forums when you should be making me money?!?!?!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Sir, your sons been helping me with my homework and stuff sir. It's all my fault, don't blame him just cause I'm an idiot, sir.

> unemployed and depressed
> hates Marxism

Sounds about right.

>mid 30s
>heart attack

were u morbidly obese or on tons of coke?

Do you think anyone noticed your bald spot when you were laying there on the floor?

you are literally a normie

>27
>NEET but I help out around the house
>just finished We
>general good health, but a specific would be owning a pool or live near a beach so I can swim most days
>loud intrusive people, especially children

>25
>Librarian / reading, making my own clothes, writing
>The Recognitions
>Someone in my family dies so I can inherit some money.
>The smell of people when I'm on the bus

>27
>Financial engineer / mostly fucking hookers and smoking, I'm well payed but have nothing to spend money on since I have no friends nor family
>The brothers Karamazov
>maybe a gf to sort myself out
>my hedonist life style and isolationist attitude

not an oldfag but 22 will be graduating at 25, just have a question for you wise sages, though most of you just seem to be alcoholics t b h

Did you guys ever make anything of your humanities degree? I'm thinking either law school, trying to force my way into marketing or supply chain, or moving to vietnam and teach while i pay down my debt

things are kind of up in the air family and my philosophy degree isn't going to land me on wall street, which I knew, but I'm just kind of hoping I'm not looking forward to a life of abject poverty, debt, and homelessness family

>age
>job/free time
Just finished my contract teaching abroad in a university. Living as a NEET for a few more months before I look for another job abroad. I play music, lift weights, and write.
>reading
KJV cover to cover, on Luke now. I don't know how children are expected to grasp any of it. I will probably never read anything more profound or epic. Knowing this makes it all the more difficult to get through.
>hopes
To see all my works published and to one day create something that will bring men closer to the Lord.
>hates
Having to live.

>tfw the fear of God is the only thing deterring suicide

>>age
>>job / how you spend your free time
resident
>>reading
how to improve your memory
>>hopes
to find a life i can identify with, find a girl, find a job that doesn't consume me, perhaps all of this somewhere else
>>hates
that i'm never satisfied and perpetuate my discontentment

>30
>dead inside. making music, diy, programming, building self-discipline
>finnegans wake, ai a modern approach, the end of early music
>To get money so I can travel. To make a life for myself. To have someone enjoy any of the stuff I've made.
>People who offer advice they themselves have never taken.

You sure sound like a nice guy

When I was a kid my dad told me that if I ever had to rely on public transportation he'd have failed as a father.

What a shit thing to lay on a kid. Not only denying that people go through ups and downs, or that community services constitute failure, but that your behaviour can make HIM a failure. What a fucking dickhead.

Kek oldfags. You're supposed to have read all that there is to learn in life and give back to society your learnings.

>age
Cyber security - reading, cooking, listening to music, drinking
>reading
Last 3: don Quixote, under milk wood, the man who fell from grace with the sea
>hopes
Work in a job I hate less, make up for lost time
>hates
My need for financial security, the fact my girlfriend can't finish a book or hold conversation about books

Here's my learnings for ya: Don't be such a wiseass.

why do americans see public transportation like that? elsewhere it's considered normal.

>25
>menial work/sober self-experimentation and questioning popular ideas
>anything I can grapple with that is challenging and plausible enough to not feel like I'm selling myself cheap
>hope I never lose my manic traits, curiosity and argumentative creativity
>hate people who take too much of an interest in me and won't leave me alone
>(unless they are of pure and noble character or share my interests and have similar levels of intelligence or are of very high status or hot or ass n titties)

>25
>boxing in a warehouse, 40hrs a week/guitar, basketball, fishing
>rereading Eithor/Or for the 3rd time
>I guess I hope for someone to meme my music internationally, since I'm already known well in my region
>i hate myself for using cocaine for the first time tonight even though its probably the reason I didn't get too wasted to browse Veeky Forums at 3:30am

No I'm a fucking leaf. The only American grocery chains around here are Safeway and I guess Wal-Mart. Safeway seems an alright place to work, we have similar union contracts. Wal-Mart is Hell on Earth.

>i hate myself for using cocaine for the first time tonight
Why the hate?

That's actually what I do. I go around and tell everyone I talk to for more than a few minutes that it is all sheer vanity. There is no reason to be happy and I feel like I'm doing something good by making sure people realize that.

#staywoke #allisvanity

Disgusting.

Good thing happiness doesn't need a reason bitterfag

I guess it's because they live in flyover territory where you just need a car to drive the 100 miles to Walmart. We learned in english class that automobiles have a special meaning to americans.

Where I live you can walk everywhere, and the bus is faster than the car, also you can read while sitting in the bus.

Read Jung.

Some might call deference to symbolism and/of spiritual rites a bunch of hodgepodge but insofar as an idea resonates with you and proffers spiritual growth, is not the power of those symbols or ideas "real"?

>someone decries vanity
>that means they're bitter
That was quite the leap of faith. All it says to me is that you've submitted to extreme rationality and matter.

>age
Driving at an airport. Feeling sorry for myself, collecting various obscure items.
>reading
The Brothers K
>hopes
One day to move to a nicer apartment, afford a nicer car, stop being suicidal, complete my collections.
>hates
Normalfags, talking, myself, clicking captchas

>26
>student, amassing debt while doing nothing (college for 5 years now...not half done)
>Childhood's End purely because it influenced Evangelion
>I like to think I'm awaiting a solidified worldview before I take action to better my lot in life, waiting for some unnamed conviction to visit me. Any day now would be good.
>Man's inexhaustible capacity to deceive himself. I feel like I can't explain why I've lived acting against my own interest, and can only conclude I lie to myself constantly.
I am a sad man.

>25
>Clerical (office) Assistant / reading, horticulture, television, vidya
>Petersburg by Andrei Bely
>that I make an above livable wage and live a /comfy/ life
>how expensive everything is (amerifat here)

so many consumerist whores itt

the future of art is doomed

>how expensive everything is
This is true for everywhere user unless you are in the top 10% of earners in your respective country.

What an idiotic thing to think

>age
No job but I've been doing a bunch of odd stuff lately: volunteered as an assistant at a film festival for 5 months; worked a few temp jobs. I'm going back to uni next month, thank fuck.
>reading
Oblivion; Runaway Horses; Book about the EU; Thinking Fast and Slow;
>hopes
That my life improves over the next six months and that I make some better (and closer) friends than the ones I currently have.
>hates
Anybody under 23. I cannot deal with their self-righteousness and lack of humility.

High School English teacher
Los Fantasmas (Ghosts) - Cesar Aira
Annoying girlfriends

>28
>"Conversation" teacher/ work out and guitar
>Finishing Yeats collection. About so start dead souls, no idea what to expect.
>Hope to start family soon. Have enough money. Pipe dream is doing something creative full time, but I don't need it.
>Currently hating my previous lefty thoughts and learning about my fashy side.

>when what you hate is represented in full by what you hope
You know what you have to do user. Life doesn't just happen to people, insofar as them sitting in a place unmoving and things just fallinto their lap. Of course many things do seemingly fall at random into many people's hands, and they do so every day, but on the contigency that they are engaging the world, exploring a series of venues, thus exposing them to the potentiality of opportunity. The moreyou engage, the more you will be engaged with. That much is self-evident. But we can never foretell how exactly these engagements will fortune us. The point is that you are in attendance of Life Lived, so that one day you may meet someone who may unwittingly transform your entire life. You may look back on it twenty years ahead of the chance encounter and say, "Wow, I never thought meeting X would result in me doing/becoming Y. What are the odds?" But they are odds. So stop deceiving yourself into the hope that it will idly fall into your lap. You live what you hate, and by the sounds of it, you hate what you live.

Recognizing it is the first step in the call to action. You know what you must do even if you are reticent to do it.

>28
>just moved to a new country with my gf so we can kick it on the beach reading all day
>skylark
>for good health for me and my gf
>hates nothing really

>26
>NEET/lifting, listening to music, reading
>I'll be starting college this winter. Hope I can make it.
>Most people

>age
work at breadline three days a week, read and exercise a bit, shitpost a lot
>reading
most recently Houellebecq, Aristotle, D.T Suzuki
>hopes
Money and inner peace
>hates
moroccans stabbing people close to me to death

sup

>25
>i work at a nightclub and spend my free time reading
>currently reading on the genealogy of morals by nietzsche
>hope to learn to love myself or get a hot girlfriend. i fuck hot chicks from time to time but we're all too alpha to date
>i hate myself mostly

kek

>age
>job/free time
Software Engineer, Read, MTG, go to sports games and live events
>reading
Mistborn trilogy, the name of the rose, the name of the wind
>hopes
get fit, get married, buy a condo downtown
>hates
hate

wtf