Which salt Veeky Forums?

which salt Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3937102/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Table salt because I'm not a hippy that falls for this bullshit.

I distill my tears, sweat, and semen for natural recycle of salt forming minerals.

iodized for that iodine supplement

seems like a lot of effort, but ok.

>Supplements You Trust

How fucking retarded does one have to be to fall for this shit

>Celtic sea salt
>Improves brain function
>Consumed exclusively throughout history by the Irish
This is a load of horseshit

table salt is fine for cooking, but if you are pickling or brining it's important to have pure salt

>table salt because i have the palate of a goat.

>he's mad his faggotry is being called out

Some of the best authors and poets that ever lived...

Pretentious bullshit isn't necessarily good. Cooking isn't exclusive to gullible people who believe the celtic salt horseshit. Just watch that Kitchen Nightmares UK episode where Gordon eats in an old black lady's business.

The Poor man's Trifecta.
All 100% salt with no additives.

Those are the exact salts I have. I used to have a big cube of Himalayan salt, but I never used it and eventually lost it.

Actually I have a chunky salt for pretzels I forgot about

the thumbnail looks like it should include a surgeon generals warning

jesus christ are there still adults that fall for this shit ?

>im racist
And you too have the palate of a goat.

Yes...himilayan/celtic/moon salt bs is just that...salt is salt.
Table salt however contains iodine. If you have compared iodized table salt against kosher or sea salt and cant tell the difference i feel bad for you.

For me, it's Maldon's. The premier salt.

Was that the episode... "Mama's Soul Food Kitchen," or some such?

>Table salt however contains iodine.
muh supertaster. You can't taste the iodine. You'll say you can, but everyone knows you're full of shit.

Tell me why I shouldn't just combine these two in a mixed jar and use them together for the ultimate #healthfood ?

Seething salt.

Nope. I can taste it.
I dont know that i taste the actual 'iodine' but i can most certainly tell if a dish has been prepared with iodized table salt. I guess youre blessed in a way...not ever being disappointed with poorly seasoned food.

>I guess youre blessed in a way
Yeah, i'm not deluded.

Imagine if they just had regular salt

Just like a good roast, but I'm not a lazy cunt

Were Americans. Yea we know

homemade salt because I have access to sodium and chlorine gas

I eat a quarter-pound of both, right before eating a big bowl of activated almonds

Mind explaining how you got access to that stuff and how you make it?

What's the deal with all those YouTube channels using kosher salt?

cool it with the anti-Irish sentiment.

>when he goes up to the kitchen with an empty plate and a satisfied grin like a child

comfiest episode desu

Take a fucking (((guess)))

t. Mullarney McDoodle

>be me
>hackerman
>hire 4 "career criminals", they're all fucking clowns
>hire them to shoot up some place and make table salt for me, tell them it's meth
>literally making chemically pure salt water with HCL and NAOH
>9/10 times they fuck it up
>somehow blows up the building too
It's hard to select the right salt, I tend to go easy on it though because I cook for older family members that have dietary restrictions, so I normally used salt substitutes (KCl)

Isn't the only ly difference between regular sea salt and kosher salt the size of the grain? Yet every chef/TV fucko calls for kosher salt... That's pretty odd right?

Himalayan salt is just more expensive salt. It doesn't fucking matter.

The Irish don't eat fish or seafood, that's why when the potato famin came they didn't just switch to fishing

>Yet every chef/TV fucko calls for kosher salt... That's pretty odd right?
No it's because if you change the grain size it fucks with the actual amount of salt. A tablespoon of kosher salt and a tablespoon of table salt are very different things.

Bullshit I went to the famine museum and the blight came along with big storms that destroyed the fishing fleet. The Irish eat fish, I did there and it was fresh and cheap.
The real cause of the famine is the Brits taking all the food remaining.

As soon as the harvest failed they sold all their boats, rods and nets to buy grain.

>big storms
Keep telling yourself that Seamus.

>The real cause of the famine is the Brits taking all the food remaining.
That was taxes, you can't avoid taxes.

when someone primarily uses anything but kosher salt I lose most of my respect for them

>Spotted the limey
Eire will soon be reunited and there's nothing you can do.
English were the worst colons everywhere they went, they even got kicked out of burgerland

>Eire will soon be reunited and there's nothing you can do.

Good, Nireland costs 125% what it makes each year. It's an economic black hole

>The Irish don't eat fish or seafood
AHAHAHA. Imagine being this ill-informed.

>This larger grained mined salt is better than this smaller grained mined salt
Why? when it dissolves it makes no difference.

Himalayan has a lower sodium content than standard table salt.

I toss both in my salt grinder because my wife thinks it looks pretty.

Give me the one that generates me the most (you)s op.

Himalayan is differentiated from kosher.

>Make chlorine gas with Bleach and acetic acid (CAREFULLY)
>Buy sodium off the internet
>Put sodium in beaker, add gas before plugging the container for safety
>After reaction you should have salt if measurements are correct
Wa la

why do liberals always believe such ridiculous health voodoo?

no rational thought, just feefees.

Just like our president, eh?

Its because the English who controlled Ireland got more money exporting the fish and sheep and cows so the locals were only left with cheap potatoes that weren't worth exporting

Ireland was a net exporter of food during the famine

True, Trump is much more of a liberal than a conservative. He is basically just a shitty populist who happens to be going senile

I maintain 5 varieties of salt and I feel like its for a good reason.

1- kosher salt. My go-to for nearly everything. Only draw back is in my area its a bit expensive.

2 - very course sea salt. I found a 5lb bag in an asian market for practically nothing. Used in applications where the huge crystals are not an issue like soups and pasta water.

3 - smoked sea salt. Rubs, sauces, seafood, anywhere id like to add smokiness without actual smoke.

4 - black and red volcanic salt. Its pretty...used on things like devilled eggs.

5 - pink himilayan salt. I have a rock lamp.

>2 - very course sea salt. I found a 5lb bag in an asian market for practically nothing. Used in applications where the huge crystals are not an issue like soups and pasta water.

You can't be this stupid can you? You dissolve large crystals in water thus negating any reason to buy large crystal salt?

>a rock lamp.
wtf is a rock lamp?

>herpy derp
You cant be this stupid can you?
I bought huge crystals because it was an incredible value.

Google is your friend

It's a small (himalayan) salt rock and they put a light inside of it. If you lick it you taste the salt.

Himalaya salt is just normal salt with some rust in it.

I mean what is the point? Is it just supposed to be a decoration? Does the salt serve some purpose?

10 years ago when i got mine...yes. just a pretty rock. It does look cool.

Now...they are being marketed as having some retarded medicinal value... air deionized or something ridiculous.

Its just a rock.

You say that, but I've sat in a therapeutic salt room with a friend of mine who has asthma, and it really helps people with lung issues. Salt rooms have been used around the world for a very long time, it's just the US that thinks it's something new and "hipster". Old salt mines are used for this purpose, as are rooms that are built using salt blocks for the walls, and have coarse, sand like salt crystals as the floor. Like an indoor salt beach, per se.
However one salt lamp isn't going to do much for you in that department. You'd need to get a salt diffuser and keep the door to that room closed, or have one in every room.

how does it work?

Why is it so fun to bully the Irish?

Basically it makes a very mist of salt in the air, and breathing it in helps open up your lungs, your sinuses, etc. More scientifically, salt emits negative ions, which in tiny amounts don't matter, but imagine being inside a salt mine or room made entirely of salt. Also, salt has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and anti bacterial properties that work on your epithelial cells, which line your lungs.

>More scientifically, salt emits negative ions
by what process? Charge must be conserved, it can't just create charge, if it is putting negative ions into the air, it must be gaining a positive charge itself, which doesn't seem very chemically favorable

recipes, plus it's a standard size that just works well

lol fuck off with this bullshit
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3937102/
>From this review, recommendations for inclusion of halotherapy as a therapy for COPD cannot be made at this point

I'm not a scientist, and it's been way too long since I took my science coursework to remember everything, so I'm going to let other people explain that. But I do know it works, and the basics behind it, which I already stated. Humans have used salt room therapy for breathing issues for well over a thousand years. There's documentation going back to at least the 11th century.

The himalaya one because it doesn't have plastic in it

My mother who suffers from hypertension dumps this pink salt shit all over everything and claims that she read that it actually lowers blood pressure

She usually ends up in the hospital a couple times per year when she hits dangerously high 230/120 blood pressure partially thanks to some fucking quack naturo/homeopath guru bulls hit that she listens to instead of an actual doctor

It's not bullshit, but keep only believing what big medicine wants you to believe.
I completely believe in science and scientific method, but I also believe that, like most big money industries, the western medical industry has an agenda against therapies that they don't benefit from.
Also,
>mentions only one of numerous lung diseases

If you can't show that it works in a clinical trial, there's no reason to believe that it does. The science behind it is bullshit peddled completely by people like you who don't understand fully how it works, but know just enough to think they aren't being swindled. You're fucking retarded.

Ok, then why does the wellness center (where they do physical therapy and have a gym and swimming facilities) attached to my hospital have a salt room and a salt tank in it?
You do you, but leave others people alone.

>regulates water content throughout your body
kek, literally all salts do that

Humans have done a lot of thing that actually do nothing, or even rather harmful things for health for thousands of year. The fact that something is traditional or used to be done in no way suggests something is good, most of the time it implies the exact opposite

Next time someone sells you some product that "balances your humors" or some shit, please consider the fact that you are being scammed

>he doesn't weigh his salt
If you don't weigh your salt then Morton kosher salt is best as it has a constant volume to weight ratio.

>meanwhile conservatives say vaccines cause autism
it's not just liberals, everyone is retarded

um, the anti-vax crowd is overwhelmingly liberal. Generally California liberal arts educated women

Same reason mine offers acupuncture, some people are dumb enough to think it works even though there is zero evidence and it doesn't actually hurt them so it's easier to let them placebo themselves if they make a fuss. Same reason they have a chapel for that matter, or are you under the impression that God spends his time curing the sniffles?

No conservatives say soy turns men into women. They're even more retarded.

I don't think Veeky Forums memes qualify as "conservative"

That's not inaccurate, though.

>Not buying one of these bags every year
>Not only can you eat it but you can also use it during the winter to prevent ice on your driveway

hmmm

Thats just the government wanting to stop you from enjoying delicious flavors.

NACL IS NACL????? SAME SHIT

A small percent of these is not NaCl, but other salts. Pretty much the same thing though. You won't notice the difference in a dish

There is evidence that acupuncture works, though.
Also, the chapel is in the hospital, near surgeries and icu, for obvious reasons. That's not remotely the same as therapy centers. Your logic is flawed.

>overcorrecting this much
Your generalizing and and using hokey terms to try and validate your opinion, not facts. Your personal beliefs are not facts.

My opinion that things for which there is no evidence should not be believed?

Literally any time anyone cites that people did something before modern medicine rather than cite an actual scientific mechanism by which something works, you should be very suspicious.
Even 150 years ago the field of medicine was a complete joke filled mostly with quackery

You not looking for evidence doesn't mean evidence doesn't exist. I don't go looking for rattlesnakes, but they still exist.
Also, this isn't a "folk remedy" in the manner you seem to think it is. It's been an established treatment for hundreds of years, and continues to be, in countries who haven't been brainwashed, apparently.

I looked it up as a result of this thread, I couldn't find any studies claiming benefit, the idea that modern doctors and people are all brainwashed, and it was actually old timey folk who knew the real truth is fucking horseshit

I mean if it makes you feel better, go for it, but its almost certainly just a placebo effect

You won't convince a pirate pharma/medfag from the land of corporate pillaging that thousands of year old treatments have benefits unless they, their industry, do confirmation studies costing millions of dollars which they'll never do because they can't profit from it. So you get the same tiresome shpiel that "anything but our latin speaking secret club, religous cult is fake news." The medfag pirates, at least in 'murrica, have no interest in health or well being, just how much they can suck out of you.

If pharmaceutical companies should be held to that standard why shouldn't your quackery?

Seriously though, I can't tell if your post is serious or meant to be parody of liberal health beliefs

>There is evidence that acupuncture works, though.
Post it.

>Also, the chapel is in the hospital, near surgeries and icu, for obvious reasons. That's not remotely the same as therapy centers. Your logic is flawed.
The term used was "wellness center" which offers spa services, so it's actually even worse.