Did I just get memed?

Did I just get memed?

Kinda. It's not terrible though.

i like it a lot

Nah, its a fair blend. Blue label is more of a meme. Its good but horribly over priced.

Try some with coke, the smokiness goes fantastically

Beware that elitists will come out of the woodwork and start screaming at you, though

Green label was the first time I liked Whiskey. Black doesnt have the same magic but is a ton better than red.

Butt chug the rest

the real question is, did I get memed?

What about me?

Johnny Walkerrrrr
Blue Labellll
Second harvest
Oh yeahahhhhh

yes, that beer is crap. less so than other cheap macros, but crap nonetheless.

This. Black is alright for the price, but Blue is definetly the bigger meme.

And I keep drinking it, because it was my dad's favorite...

Black Label is perfectly fine.

yes - you didn't buy the superior Bushmills

Strong contender for best cheap beer at a show

Tell us about your dad, user.

Look buddy if you spend over 40 bucks on a liquor to mix it with coke, you deserve to get shit on

he sucked off mad dudes

That’s like really good home brew. I would rather keystone.

That one had such a strong smoky barrel taste it made me sick. I dont drink the stuff any more but when i do, I drink laphroaig

chick at work has to wear gloves to pour this because the peat makes her retch and she doesn't want it on her skin.

Double Black is the disgusting meme.
This is just poverty whisky. It's not very good but it's not vomit fuel.

its good for the money if you payed under $50.
monkey shoulder is the superior cheap blend for about $30 though. fork over $60 and get a single malt if you want the best for the money

So did I get meme'd?
It's apparently aged and filtered 5 times

It's an enjoyable whiskey, double black is better.
An acceptable choice.

>bushmills
>johnny walker
>comparing irish whiskey to scotch
>comparing apples to oranges

>so smokey it makes me sick
>so instead i drink an even smokier one
wat?

I might do this but I won't ever tell anyone.

Crucify me if you want but I bought a bottle of Black Label last Christmas, just a little one, like 8 oz or something, and I could barely drink it straight. Had to put it on the rocks and let them melt to dilute the strong flavor of "you should not be drinking this". Literally this shit tastes like nail polish remover or something. I get that it is an inquired taste but goddamn, too expensive to "inquire" it in the first place. So maybe mixing it for a bit is better.

Macallan select oak's better

PBR is a good beer and that is not a meme. The le super funny maymay is that it sucks and is for poor rednecks, which may be true in the sense that it is cheap and that rednecks buy it, but not in the sense that it sucks.

>inquired taste
>inquired

you, sir, are a, like, stable genius.

Not the worst blended scotch, but my personal go to every day drinking scotch is the Balvenie 12 year. Fair price, exceptional taste.

Also if for anyone looking for an expensive scotch for a special occasion, Johnny Walker Blue is good if you want to impress your friends, but if you want to truly treat yourself (an intellectual) go for Glenmorangie Signet. Made with chocolate malt. Fantastic.

What do you normally drink.

A lot of different things. In terms of liquor? I only mix (like a pleb) and I will usually get rye (Crown Royal is a favorite) or another whiskey.

Not if you drink it and enjoy it. Fuck whisky snobs.

He was replying to a guy that posted a different bushmill's so that's about as apple v apple as it gets.

The real meme scotch.

Buddy got me a bottle of this. Any good?

> drinking blended j walker dishwasher fluid
> not enjoying all the scottish life waters
> not enjoying all the irish god waters

Are you retarded or just poor?

Friendly reminder that all alcohol is degenerate.

I unironically believe liquor is actually DEE-GEN-HURRate.
The fact it is so strong makes it fit for drinking oneself into a stupor.

Does anyone even buy this?

Friendly reminder of the difference between blended whisky and blended malt whisky

spending more than $30 on a bottle of liquor is a meme

Bushmills is mediocre swill

>buying protestant whiskey

Tell me what you think. I've been thinking about tracking down a bottle for the novelty value

>No age statement
All signs point to yes.

>Poverty whisky
>One level of whisky below it
Let me guess, you never quaff a dram of less that 15+ years of age?

i-it says aged 3 years on the back...

Stop with this meme faggotry and just enjoy the damn scotch. No, it's not a Single malt, but its a smooth, drinkable scotch nonetheless.

cans.wav

Hi, do you have any experience with Talisker whisky?
I am wondering if the 10y/o version is worth the €15 more over the €30/bottle skye and/or storm versions
any help would be appreciated

and on another note, how would you compare the glenlivet NAS (founder's reserve) to the taliskers, quality wise?

It's a meme. I was given a free bottle by a cute promo girl, that's the only reason I own one ATM. It is not a great or smooth blend but after a few drinks it'll go down easier. For the price you might as well upgrade to an entry level single malt (Laphroig 10, Glenmorangie 10, dalmore 12). And anyone that actually calls it 'smoky' is a noob.

Retail user here. My only regular customer that buys this is a really rich guy. It's the only whisky he buys. For years and years and years. I've never had it...

To everyone else, could anyone recommend an enjoyable value-priced speyside? I'm getting bored with bourbon and rye again and am subsequently heading back towards scotch, but I need to keep it cheap ($30-50). I prefer Islay but speyside is more of an everyday drinker. Thanks bros.

It's my friend's favorite whisky and he's a decent whisky buff.

Was referring to the Talisker 10 y/o.

pedo

>It's a meme user, trust me
>Fell completely for the single malt meme
Pretension.

Scotfag here, only reason I mention it is because that shit is cheap here.

Talisker 10 is the only one worth bothering with. Storm used to be good but is poor quality now, and Skye has always been crap. Founders Reserve is disappointing but at £20 a go it isn't bad, I wouldn't pay more than that though.
That Penderyn is actually pretty good for the money. Not sure how much Glendronach 12 is where you are but it is very good. Failing that, Aberlour 10 or 12. Don't be drawn in by Macallan Gold. Wish Dalmore was still cheap, they have gone full Apple mode in their pricing recently.

Did I get fucking memed on here?

How bad was I memed?

There are literally no flavour differences within each alcohol category. The entire industry is a meme.

You must be 18 or older to post on thos board

since this thread is a circle jerk of "did I get memed?" shitposting, mind if I change the subject a tad while still shit posting?

If I was to want to build a home bar entirely of rum and related mixers, what would people suggest?

I like Bayou white rum for a mass-produced rum, and a local distillery named Prichard's makes a pretty good white rum as well (though their aged rum offerings are a tad bland and overpriced). I also tend to keep the standard blue label Pusser's on hand. That's a decent enough selection, though I'll pick up the Appleton white rum or any of their aged rums (specifically the 12-year old) when I can find it.

I dont do a lot of mixers, generally. I make my own simple syrup and keep some club soda and coconut water in the fridge. Lemons, limes, and oranges are generally in my kitchen, too

have a sip of lafroog and a sip of auchentoshan and get back to me on that, user

Regular Bush Mills tastes similar and better.

people who use the idiotic neologism "meme" in that retarded watered down sense are just human printouts.

You're not even really a person yet. You learn something before you die, but you're just fucking internet copy creature. You don't need to exist, you certainly don't need to interact with anyone before you're fully formed.

Are you asking for rum recommendations? Mount Gay is really good, Havana Club is the same, if you can get it since its a Cuban product, Appleton like you already suggested, Sailor Jerry is alright, and The Kraken is ok. I don't drink white rum, so I can't comment on it.

As for bar stock, aside from maybe some pop and juice for others to mix long drinks, it sounds like you have it pretty well set up.

mealy liquified grain/10

Any of you gibbles had 1999?

Neg. Just the 16 year, which was pretty good.

Wait.
Soda or powder?

I guess I was looking for rum recommendations. DESU, I might have had too much rum to drink when I made that post.

Laphroig smells smokey but doesn't taste smokey

Depends. It's generally inoffensive and a go-to hospitality beer in the music world, but if you were expecting anything next-level or interesting then yes.

Laphroaig 10 has taken a dive in quality recently. The QC is still really good and surprisingly the Select is now perfectly fine for the money but the 10 is disappointing. Same as Lagavulin 16, not even close to what it used to be

I've only been buying QC for years.
What has changed about the 10?

Watery and nowhere near as full bodied as it used to be. Might have been a bad bottle so I will need to try another one, but it was really disappointing. When Costco do QC for £22 it might be a while before I try it again mind

What makes you say this?
I bought a bottle of 10 a month ago and thought it wasn't as good as I remembered, thought maybe I just remembered wrong but maybe I was on to something?

It's basically the cheapest beer here in Canada, why would I pay an extra $0.60 per can for Molson that tastes just as shitty. It's fine.

my family were Irish proddies (not even from the North hehe) ;)

What province do you live in that pbr is the cheapest beer, and that Molson goes for .60 a can?

I'm all for drinking liquor neat but JW Black isn't a tragedy if you mix with coke.

>Only plebs mix expensive spirits
Pretentiousness. Nothing else.
Whisky and coke is delicious, so you may as well do it with the best whisky. You can still enjoy the flavour, only tastebudlets say it's masked by the coke.
>smashing this with coca cola every day over Christmas
heaven

It's not bad with coke. Especially when it kinda drips in the back of your throat and makes it feel numb, good for flushing that feel down.

>Whisky and coke is delicious
I agree, but what you posted is a £15 bottle so hardly a high end spirit. It is pointless mixing a good whisky but cheap stuff is fine for it

>using 80$ whisky in a mixed drink where a 20$ whisky blend would taste the same
>acting like this is just being down to earth as opposed to fucking retarded

>alcoholics

I bought a bottle like six or seven years ago, I don't really remember what it tasted like, except that it was oaky. Sipped it a bit here and there, and then one night me and my dad just polished it all off. Good stuff, obviously not $150 good, or however much it is now, but no ragrets.

Is it good?

I thought the 12 was fantastic compared to the 16. The 16 is really good too, but surprisingly the 12 put it to shame...I imagine that's a step above again?

coke makes me shit

Same but I still have it. Barely drank a finger of it yet.

Honestly. If your going for price point why not get platinum? That's better for price points.
Though I miss gmthe green label. :(

Learn me on Hibiki, smoky? Sweet?

they brought back the green label recently, I can find it on amazon in europe even

Australians pay $70 for a normal bottle of Captain Morgan or Bundy and exclusively mix it exclusively with coke
Price isn't the factor, the scotch is. Honestly as a bartender I think Johnny is kinda shit and overpriced. When I see someone order a glass I straight up know they're A) not adventurous and B) don't know their scotch whisky.

was I memed?

Or perhaps they simply like Johnnie Walker, you pretentious tool.