Pork Loin

What are your favorite pork loin recipes, Veeky Forums? I've been buying pic related for years. I have it sliced at the counter but my recipe reservoir for them is limited.

Other urls found in this thread:

cookinglight.com/recipes/pork-loin-stuffed-spinach-goat-cheese
youtube.com/watch?v=qkeTXIcVvl8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's a shit cut.
Get short ribs or shoulders.
If you want chops then get bone in.

You can't fail with any crockpot really. Since porkloin often goes on sale it's a nice cheap way to fill a freezer with precooked food.

>no rind

who fucking cares about this shit cut then

Boil in pickle juice, then blend until smooth. Serve on crackers or toast.

>Paying for bones

I like to make char siu, marinade it overnight in a mixture of soy sauce, hoisin, sugar, shaoxing wine or sake, minced garlic, maybe ginger, maybe chilli, 5 spice powder, little bit of lao gan ma & red food colouring, then roast or grill it. Try riffing on that. I do it different pretty often, its hard to fuck up (well except overcooking the pork, which is especially easy with loin, but if you cook loins often you'll be good at this). Basting while it's cooking helps a lot, if i can really be bothered, i'll take the meat out of the marinade to dry, and reduce the marinade so it's thicker and adheres more when you baste.

It generally works out to about the same price since boneless cuts are more expensive per pound.

Make tenderloin roulade. You can stuff it with all kinds of different combos of stuff to deitch ithe flavor. It's delicious and impresses cooking plebs.

cookinglight.com/recipes/pork-loin-stuffed-spinach-goat-cheese

i just bought a whole pork loin today at the market with no idea what i'd do, so i'm looking for answers to exactly this.

So far I'm thinking a sweet/sour roast, garlic/brown sugar kind of thing

why not just get a belly?

>garlic/brown sugar kind of thing
I made something very much like this last night. Coated my loin with a mixture of brown sugar, dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, and tossed in a few garlic cloves. Cooked it on low in a slow cooker for 7 hours. It made the house smell heavenly while it was cooking, but I fucked up and dried it out a bit when trying to get a nice crust on it
I'll probably try again with a different recipe, later this coming week since loins are on sale for $1.48/lb at my local market. It still made a decent sandwich for lunch today and I've got enough left overs for 2-3 more days.

I make pork cutlets in bulk and freeze them, grind and make dumplings in bulk and freeze them, cut it into 2lb portions and freeze for slowcooker pulled pork.

Love pork loin just because its so bloody cheap. When its on sale here you get 2.5kg for $13-16 CAD.
Cutlets are quick and freezing them gives you quick cutlet access when you wanna cook in 10 mins. half are jap style tonkatsu with panko breadcrumbs, the other half are schnitzel with some seasoned breadcrumbs I made.

>it's a shit cut
What the hell are you talking about? It's a delicious and lean cut of pork that's cheap and easy to cook.

There's no such thing as a shit cut. Just different cooking styles for different cuts.

only ever had tenderloin as a cured meat
probably one of the best cuts in that regard
polish 'poledwica sopocka' is amazing if you can ge it

Butterfly it open with lots of cuts to make vagina pockets in the middle. Season inside and out with Cajun seasoning. Wedge jalapeno and cream cheese into the vaginas. Roll back up and wrap with bacon. Rub brown sugar into bacon and roast.

>pigflesh
No. Gross. Eat lamb. Much better.

I like to keep it very simple. With pork loin having next to no fat it's very easy to dry it out. My usual go to is to simply rub it with olive oil, salt and pepper, throw it into a pan with a load of butter, brown it on the outside then spread a mix of Dijon and wholegrain mustard on the outside, roll it in finely chopped sage and thyme then pop it in the oven for around 15 to 20 minutes depending on size. Make sure to remember to rest it for a good 10 minutes too.

Pork and lamb are both delicious. Stop being a picky child.

That's weird, I've bought pork loin in the past and it's had rind on it.

Stop being a picky eater, Ahmed.

Don't you have a truck to drive into a crowd, Muhammad?

Fuck off Christfag

I laugh at you with all my taoist might.

Marinade in lots of olive oil, pepper, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and parsley and maybe lemon rind if you like. Roast that fucker in the oven or even better on a spit. Make sure you have a good fat cap on the top or decent marbling, loin is very tender. Pay attention to the temp, it can dry out quickly. I stole the recipe idea from a dish called arrista or something like it.

I meant to say "loin is very lean"

>I was bought up by Fox News
Kek.

Austrian here. They're a great cut for making pork Schnitzel if you butterfly and pound them.

here's what i did, first time preparing it. Seared the outside, put it in the oven with garlic and brown sugar, poked a bunch of holes in it, turned it over every now and then...

I probably overcooked it (400+ degrees for over 30 minutes, but I saw some pink still, I think the tinfoil might have slowed the cooking process?) it wasn't juicy but it wasn't dry either and had VERY little flavor... I don't know wtf you'd have to do to actually get the flavor soaked in deep

I have tons of meat left over, so what should I do next time?

I roasted them whole in my showtime rotisserie oven with anything from just salt and pepper to a BBQ pork rub. Sliced and portioned that will make a dinner right then, 3-4 lunches for work and the fatty end can be diced and made into fried rice. Oh, and I'll rip that crispy strip of fat off to consume immediately.

Chicken fried pork cutlets mane.

youtube.com/watch?v=qkeTXIcVvl8

The best way to enjoy ANY cute of pork is to just tie it up (if its a cut that requires that) and boil it in plain tap water with maybe a teaspoon of salt.

Once its done either just eat chunks of it plain or maybe with some white bread.

All seasoning does it mask the taste of the meat which is what you should be tasting.

stop being pic related & eat it raw like a real man, faggot.

I wish I were that kid. His parents probably have a lot of money.

That kids probably got his life together more than me.

It's been shown that children who grow up without difficulty end up less intelligent, but that doesn't matter if you inherit enough money.

That sounds like bullshit made up to make the world seem more fair.

Looks nice user. The meat counter guy fucked up my chops and made them super thick so I'm going to try this. What sides do you suggest?

bump

Any more recipes?

Wisdom

I like it but it isn't the best cut. I use them for stir-fry

You need more salt and a source of acid: lemon juice, and kind of vinegar, soda pop (and old chef of mine did a pepsi redution glaze on pork), wine with no alcohol, etc.

The dish you cooked is fatty so the acid 'cuts' through the bland flavor of the fat to enhace it. And salt is salt. If anything ever tastes bad add salt pinch by pinch until it makes sense

I go old school, just cut the loin up into steaks, put a little butter, salt, and pepper and pan fry medium rare just like a regular steak. I like that better than beef steaks.