Books for future children to be raised on

Books for future children to be raised on

Teaches you that the world doesn't fuck around without being brutal or edgy. Action and adventure without being unrealistic or stupid. Catholicism that's subtle enough to slip through unconsciously.

Is lit/ a catholic board?

Mine's similar in a lot of ways - gently breaks the news that the world is big and complicated, adults don't necessarily know what they're doing or have your best interests in mind, and you might not get a perfectly happy ending. But add a healthy dash of appreciation for the weird and marginal, oblique references to classic literature/theatre, and "strong female characters" done right (being strongly written and complicated, flawed people, without resorting to cheap "badass" tropes). Basically My First Pynchon.

Yes. Non-traditionalists get out.

I read all of those. I think that they were solid but I only remember bits and pieces.

Start with the Greeks

Hopefully mine when provided it gets finished

When atheism and agnosticism goes mainstream, anons must pretend to believe in god to feel special. Can't wait for the next generation of shitposter's Kabballah phase.

This permanently influenced my writing style. Must-read

Also, The Underland Chronicles, because ripping off battle royale was not what Suzanne Collins should have been known for. I don't even like Epic fantasy and I thought it was the shit

>atheism
>mainstream
Those faggots are so uncool that even Reddit turned against them years ago if I remember right. That Jordan Peterson guy couldn't have taken off in an environment that's hostile to religion.

This
I will read the greeks to my kids, along with the local folklore and mythology, Kalevala and Kanteletar

>tfw never christened
Why was I born in this ungodly protestant land

My negro, OP.

I enjoyed that series and most of Demonata but Darren Shan's quality as a writer has got worse and worse throughoout the years. The Thin Executioner was just awful and I couldn't get past the first Zom-B book. I still hold The Saga of Darren Shan and Demonata close to my heart but I don't hold the author in high regard any more.

>tfw already mainstream in my country, Sweden

Religious people are a joke and sort of seen as mentally deficient here, but just like with retards nobody likes to really point it out to their faces. If religion gets brought up though it'll be slammed down and pissed on. I have south American friends and I cringe af when they like various "saint Maria" bullshit on facebook, I don't think they know people have this reaction because nobody ever tells them. They probably think others view them as "good" or virtuous rather than gullible and having no reasonable standard of evidence.

Things like this remind of how much I love my country, wish it hadn't taken in all these "refugees" and it'd be 10/10 poppin

nuChristians are even more pathetic than militant atheists. at least they believed what they were preaching. bunch of self deluding larpers.

Did you get molested by a priest or something?

Name me a better role model for a boy other than Sir Able of the High Heart.

I'd also put down Dune for implanting into a young reader the concept of the superman and becoming your absolute best.

hate to break it to you but your rejection of tradition and submission to "progress" is why you allow refugees to inherit your nation
you have fucking nothing, it's all gone

user, anyone who has the slightest idea of what's occurring in Sweden thinks your whole country is mentally deficient. Instead of being religious about Christianity, you transformed into being religious about out-of-control liberalism - and it's destroying you.

>wish it hadn't taken in all these "refugees" and it'd be 10/10 poppin

You can't have one without the other idiot. Enjoy it.

Gene Wolfe is not easy reading. Not saying it's not for kids, but it's more YA for teenagers who can actually comprehend and apply it.

Looking for Christian authors so my children may stay straght

Like the giver and maniac maggee

Well-narrated audiobooks can help with that as well. For GW, though, I'd say The Wizard Knight older children could benefit from, but that's probably his only one that kids could connect with.

this was my favourite demonata book.

That depiction of the protagonist being burned alive in a river of magma was lowkey fucked up. Was that Demon Thief? I'm not sure.

Redwall is obligatory

yeah that was demon thief

>Gene Wolfe is not easy reading
maybe for you, brainlet. I started reading him when I was around 16 or so and wish I had started years earlier. A surface level reading of his simpler works would be worth mountains more than whatever shit older kids and younger teenagers are usually reading now.

The Bible

so you read it while you were YA, but you wish had read it when you were younger YA, so therefore, it isn't YA?

i second

I'm a globalist, does that count?