Fuck me

The Awkward Thoughts of W. Kamau Bell: Tales of a 6' 4", African American, Heterosexual, Cisgender, Left-Leaning, Asthmatic, Black and Proud Blerd, Mama's Boy, Dad, and Stand-Up Comedian by W. Kamau Bell

Other urls found in this thread:

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blerd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just

You may know W. Kamau Bell from his new, Emmy-nominated hit show on CNN, United Shades of America. Or maybe you’ve read about him in the New York Times, which called him “the most promising new talent in political comedy in many years.” Or maybe from The New Yorker, fawning over his brand of humor writing: "Bell’s gimmick is intersectional progressivism: he treats racial, gay, and women’s issues as inseparable."

"Bell... tackles everything from racism to his life growing up as a Blerd (Black nerd) to his struggles to find his comedic voice in this illuminating memoir." —Entertainment Weekly

“With insight and aplomb, stand-up comedian Bell recounts his career arc...Those unfamiliar with Bell’s work or expecting a lighthearted read from a popular comedian will be surprised by the book’s breadth and depth...This informative read will be illuminating and worthwhile for aspiring comedians and general readers.”—Publishers Weekly

“At times funny, at times somber, this debut will be enjoyed by fans of United Shades, Issa Rae’s TV series Insecure, and anyone who enjoys comedy with a personal touch.”—Library Journal

“A funny, heartfelt tête-à-tête with a down-to-earth star.”—Boston Magazine

“At turns sarcastic, poetic and enraged, Bell's language is potent. His own realization of how racism intersects with other forms of discrimination, like sexism, broadens his platform and embraces a wide audience. Awkward Thoughts is definitely entertaining, but it also invites readers to look through different eyes. And those who aren't inspired to take action will at least have considered a new view. As Bell says, ‘that's progress.’”—Shelf Awareness (starred review)

“A comprehensive look at what gave rise to Bell’s insightful, critical eye and his hilarious comedy.”—Booklist

“A unique perspective of the development of identity comedy in the 21st century.”—Kirkus Reviews

(amazon.org.net.com)

>Or maybe you’ve read about him in the New York Times, which called him “the most promising new talent in political comedy in many years.” Or maybe from The New Yorker, fawning over his brand of humor writing: "Bell’s gimmick is intersectional progressivism: he treats racial, gay, and women’s issues as inseparable."

What's a blerd?

Had to look it up myself.

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=blerd

>political comedy
>talent

Also
>political comedy
>comedy

The nigger fatigue is unbearable.
Is it possible for a black nowadays to publish a book not related to race/racism, Africa, colonization, cooking or sports?

What about Samuel Delaney?

In that case it'll have to be about homosexuality and pedophilia.

You're an Uncle Tom if you don't though.

While your post is glaringly racist, I have noticed that if you didn't grow up friends with a black person, socializing with members of the black community is difficult due to their ambiguity towards their race as the color of their skin and/or their general mentality. Things I know many of my white friends do are considered stereotypical 'black' traits, such as "not to play the race card, but black guys always hang onto their feeling for a girl even when they said they're over her." Actual quote from a black coworker. Most conversation with them usually boils to 'being black' even in general, all encompassing topics such as religion. Nothing against black people, goo friends with a few, but a state of mind doesn't make you black, the color of your skin does. It has no effect on your person, your mentality does. It only effects shitty people who think that skin color is a state of mind.
And that's where the whole thing becomes an ironic, convoluted mess imo. People need to just be, and stop trying to be something.

I grew up with many black friends and nigger fatigue is real. Your black friends probably have nigger fatigue worse than I do. You're also speaking for an entire skin tone, one that has MANY members that say it is a mentality thing.

When will people realize that all "race issues" are actually psychological?

But, yeah, W. Kamau Bell deserves the last lynching.

how do you post on a board about literature and still be this bad at conveying your thoughts

Psychological as opposed to what? How does that observation solve anything?

that's the biggest Veeky Forums problem

Yeah, but then the wiggers (self-proclaimed) I work with say they're black because of their mentality. In my opinion, this is much more racist than assuming the qualities of a person based on their skin color, because they're saying their mentality is a skin color. No, you aren't fucking black. You're like-minded with many black people, but you aren't black. You just grew up under similar conditions. A state of mind isn't your skin color, your skin color is. Neither correlate except for those who think they do. And anyone who believes they do is a racist in my book. Black or white. Be yourself and don't attribute anything about it to skin color aside from blatant racism suffered due to skin color.

Seems pretty clear to me man

The blatant racism is due to the mentality. That's why people have a general distaste for niggers, no matter what color their skin is. There are obviously people that hate people based on just skin color, but most people just can't stand their actions and thoughts.

Identifying it as a psychological problem at least introduces the nuances of individual existence (as opposed to the generalizations of collective existence). The problem with talking about race issues in generalizing/collective terms is that a lot of existential pain, insecurity, maladaption, etc. that is common to many individuals regardless of their race is attributed a group identity and the problems associated with the historical conflicts of that group identity.

Then you're using an archaic word which you've attributed you're own meaning to. Nigger is derived from Negro which means black. Ignorant is what you're trying to say. And this, this is also the line of thought I'm trying to address here. But if you typically attribute that sort of mentality to a black person, then you're racist since anyone can be like that. My main point is the strangeness within the fact that black people I know attribute racism to be of skin and ignorance of their state of mind, when they then openly attribute their own states of mind to racist faculties.
At least, it's this way with the people I work with. I am not racist, but sometimes find myself walking on glass because they start to, in a sense, be racist against themselves in general conversation.

Words can take on new meaning. Language isn't static. The black mentality is very common in black people. Stereotypes don't come out of nowhere and there is no group I've ever encountered that ever plays all of their stereotypes out as frequently as black people. I realize that other people be like that, the wiggers you mentioned being one example, and it's just as distasteful when they do it. I know that black people are not a monolith and can come in any shape, size, and ideology but there is obviously a very dominant culture that is engrained in black America.

I basically write off anyone who describes themselves as cisgender.

Nigger is abstract. It started with wiggers. We all implicitly know what wigger means. And obviously it arose as a response to white people acting like niggers. Therefore, that's why there can be niggers of any color. The precedent is over two decades old slang. White niggers, brown niggers, asian niggers, snow niggers, and especially BLACK niggers, as opposed to black men. Here we see again that a behavior type is merely an abstract idea: the idea of being a man. And very few blacks have that idea. The black will always be the king nigger.

>While your post is glaringly racist
It might be racist but at least it's not as irrelevant and retarded as your post.
Wow you have a nigger friend and coworker you're so special you understand them, please educate me on the deep nigger thoughts.
And now lets fucking take a look at reality. I just googled "best books 2017" and picked only those that were written by niggers. I deliberately did't search for "books by black authors" to make it more unbiased, instead I picked books out of general lists. Almost every single book relates to RACE/RACISM/COLONIALISM/SLAVERY/AFRICA/FAGGOTRY/FEMINISM
The only exception was deGrasse Tyson.

>wiggers, chiggers, etc.

so if u really want nigger to be race neutral why not call black niggers bliggers?

And what literature interests you user? Certainly nothing which you consider oppressive to you, right? Certainly no connections to events which if they wouldn't have happened life would bother for you right? I have a feeling if you ask a tribal African if they are happy, they would say yes. I also have a feeling you don't grasp my point, nor the depths of your racism. I'm certain you are white.

No, it's literally archaic. It's meaning hasn't changed, it's implication hasn't changed. You're thinking of ignorant people but you're racist and therefor use the term bigger as an abstraction of your racist thought pattern.

>bother
better

>Certainly nothing which you consider oppressive to you, right? Certainly no connections to events which if they wouldn't have happened life would bother for you right?
kys faggot

So the awkward part is that he's not a tranny?

I, too, carry that shame.

Exactly.

Is this some elaborate b8 or do people like this actually post here? Fuck me, I can't tell anymore.

Shit, I don't know, is it possible for Veeky Forums to have a single thread about a black person that doesn't devolve into a argument about race relations and world history?

Your opinion is strange since you've used the word "Veeky Forums";

Contemporary America has a special way of making me feel like I would be a paragon of success if I were black. Every time I turn on the TV, read an article, etc., I hear about a new black leftist given plaudits for achieving what normal white and East Asian people do every day.

I mean, I know this is blunt, but seriously, is this the best black society has to offer? Slightly different variations of bloviating dogmatists a la Larry Wilmore who opine about superficial, Marxist interpretations of race relations ad nauseam? Is this really a successful recipe for media companies? It seems to be all we get anymore, so I assume it must be.

I know Veeky Forums is more lefty than other boards and you're generally censoriously down on yourselves, but don't tell me your life wouldn't be better if you were born black. That's delusion. You'd be the bell of the ball RIGHT NOW. I'd even go as far as to say you'd be the bees knees. All that for the low, low price of not languishing in mediocrity.

>Blerd

>cnn host
dropped

BBC host suits better

You taught me the word "bloviate"

is this the best black society has to offer? Slightly different variations of bloviating dogmatists a la Larry Wilmore who opine about superficial, Marxist interpretations of race relations ad nauseam? Is this really a successful recipe for media companies? It seems to be all we get anymore, so I assume it must be.

come now my user, we all know that afroamericans have achieved great success just as much as any other __________american. to argue against such a point proves that one has not honestly considered this situation fully. yet, as you say, the opposite seems to be true as a successful recipe for media companies. i view it as an extension of the white man's burden where msm depicts those who've historically been oppressed in the past are finally achieving the simple day to day success that almost every american can and does achieve. however instead of blaming their ignorance and heathen-like attributes, msm now blames a minority of "elite, rich, white, et cetera" that are preventing the former from attaining success. more than likely, the problem lies with msm, sloth, victim ideology, painting all issues as rooted in race, poverty, lack of dialogue, and lack of self-responsibility.

>I know Veeky Forums is more lefty than other boards and you're generally censoriously down on yourselves, but don't tell me your life wouldn't be better if you were born black. That's delusion. You'd be the bell of the ball RIGHT NOW. I'd even go as far as to say you'd be the bees knees. All that for the low, low price of not languishing in mediocrity.

you are not that simple in the head user. don't just give up. to wish to be born as something so general as "black" rather than to wish to be born with specific attributes is silly. just being another "race" does not guarantee a better life and success. you are smarter than that line of thinking. look towards those who want to solve society's problems through the happenings of reality, not what happens in ideology.

I am black and my life is pretty below average by first-world standards, but I'd be happy to trade if you want, user.

I wish I could be a sheltered sperg like you, user.

Apparently he's gonna be on the next jre