Why haven't you abandoned literature for genre fiction? you're not a manlet, are you?

why haven't you abandoned literature for genre fiction? you're not a manlet, are you?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising_Sun_(novel)#Reception
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why not both?

But I am a manlet

This.

wow i guess you'd be 5' 10" instead of being a 5' 5" literaturelet

only pure genre fiction will turn you into a god

>went through five marriages

What was his fucking problem?

and all of them were hot

this is what a pure diet of only genre fiction does to you

Something tells me the guy was a real piece of shit. Between this and his eccentric rallying against Climate Science
I say this as a 5'6" man of great intellect

Micro was literally the single most retarded work of fiction I have ever read in my entire life.

The rest was ok I guess.

>Something tells me the guy was a real piece of shit.
i think that Sphere is peak crichton, or maybe the "she didn't take enough precautions to not get raped" scene in Next
to be fair most of it wasn't written by him

OP might be onto something

Was there even a rape scene in Next? All I remember is that the guy fucked a sophomore girl but she loved it.

she later said that he raped her, it was a whole thing

>When she gets in the elevator a moment later she is visibly crying. But notice: as a supposed rape victim, crying in the elevator, apparently very upset, she doesn’t go right to the hotel desk to report that she has been raped. You have to wonder why not.

ok so it's doubting that she got raped at all lol

That was literally the point, it was a set-up to ruin his life. He didn't actually rape her, he came in a condom and she put his cum inside her.

Or did I read that scene wrong? Is he an unreliable narrator? It's been many many years.

Crichton probably raped a few broads, thats the important thing to take away in either case

i didn't say it was a rape scene, i said it was a "she didn't take enough precautions to not get raped" scene and then i changed it to "it's doubting that she got raped at all" scene

like it's not suspicious that someone who is supposedly crying about getting raped wouldn't go to reception, i didn't wonder about it at all

Who the hell cares. They were absolutely right to doubt her since she wasn't actually raped.

>They were absolutely right to doubt her since she wasn't actually raped.
they weren't right to doubt that she got raped because she didn't go to reception when she was upset about being raped

no wait i just remembered peak crichton, rising sun

genuinely racist
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising_Sun_(novel)#Reception

Wow, thats so not cool

Sp is Jurassic Park worth reading? I'm interested in reading some Dino kino but a buddy of mine said the whole book was "DUDE CHAOS THEORY LMAO", which kind of put me off it.

your friend is stupid

it's an even split between dinosaurs and infodumps and some of the infodumps are on chaos theory

Nah his friend is right, its really dumb
Just watch the movie, at least you actually see the dinosaurs instead of them being in your head like a loser

Never read the book but I watched a bit of the movie the other day and there's an amusing bit where the Wesley Snipes character sees a shadowy figure on some security cam footage and jumps back and says, " Issa ghost!", like some superstitious black sambo.

The Andromeda Strain was pretty good.

The Lost World is better to be completely frank with you.

>filmlets are also brainlets who can't imagine a scene in their head better than some pleb moving picture
not a suprise

If anything it seems like being a manlet is required to produce great art, wether you're a writer, a poet, a painter or a composer.

>tfw the mediocrity of composers' music is directly related to how short they are

This. Read comfy gentlemanly Victorian sci fi instead of edgy Crichton crap.

One of the better posts I've ever seen on Veeky Forums

>Grieg
>Schubert
>Ravel
Veritable nobodies.

>5'1
>you've reached the other hand of the spectrum, you're normal composer now

>5'1.5
>optimal height, you can be as prolific and inventive as Schubert

>5'2 to 5'5
>still optimal height, but you won't be as productive. Your compositions will be masterfully crafted, and infinitely original and interesting

>5'6
>turning point. You will be able to write very beautiful melodies and daring harmonies on the right hand, but this is it

>5'11
>too tall, you have experienced too much life through social contexts, and your art will be corrupted by it. You barely understand durations, and you genuinely think textbooks can teach you how to compose

>6'0
>way too tall, not only you have socialized too much, but you were actually at the peak of the hierarchic structure that surrounded you: as a reault you now lack self-awareness. You'll write dumb melodies, nonsensical harmonies and far too many scales and octaves

>6'3
>you're a weirdo. People were scared of you, so they always patronized you: yoh don't even know what self-awareness is. Your composiitons will be completely unmusical, and you will spend most of your life bashing pianos, producing boring, uninteresting music

>6'6
>at this height mental retardation is extremely common: you end up composing for shallow housewives.

Grieg is a nobody, Schubert and Ravel are canonized composers, especially in their respective countries. Every French piano student has played Ravel, every German composer have studied endessly Schubert's scores. They're valid composers, and a cornestone of the Western tonal tradition.

Faggot. Schubert is Beethoven and Mozart tier.

I o-only read serious literature

>philosophylets

to be 6'9" and not playing pro basketball means you fucked up somewhere