What is the point of our existence, or any living thing's existence for that matter...

What is the point of our existence, or any living thing's existence for that matter? We are just mortal clumps of cells who have become self-aware and self-obsessed enough to believe that we are divine creations or special in some way or another.

We are not special we are just huge lumbering piles of atoms whose only true purpose is to procreate and make more dumb copies of ourselves. You are nothing. I am nothing. Why doesn't somebody just press the nuclear button and destroy the whole world so we can stop this fucking travesty we call life.

Everything is a fucking meme, I want to die...

you'll grow out of it. human minds have evolved to adapt. face yourself.

>What is the point of our existence
Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Are Existential Crises Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Smoke DMT Like Nigga Hit The Bong Haha

You'll get over it. Especially if you have kids. And maybe find a hobby man, and chill out. Enjoy this thing, whatever it is.

>grow out of it
you mean rationalize it or get distracted enough to not think about it
not op btw

>DMT
>explaining anything ever

if that's your definition of growth then i'm sorry.

OP here,
I have plenty of hobbies, a fulfilling part-time job, and I'm in college, I also have a good social life, etc.

I just can't help but think that everything is fucking pointless anyway, especially when I'm not doing anything and my mind wanders.

It's honestly Veeky Forums, books, and coding that stops me from killing myself despite the 'great' life I have

You're clearly just a whiny, angsty cunt.

I fucking know man

oh ok well then please enlighten me as to how you handle issues like the OP's using specifics instead of vague terms like "grow out of it" that don't really explain anything at all
sassy fucker

There are thousands of philosophical refutations of that way of thinking. Start with the Greeks, unironically.

The purpose of life is to get the weed and money and try to tap some tight booty on the side.

Perhaps (you) overvalue science. After all, it's a feel as opposed to any great depth of scientific learning that has (you) in this thought-loop, right? What it says is that (you) trust a discipline that by its very nature can have nothing at all to say about your condition, i.e. as it concerns (you) here. If (you) skin your knee or develop a brain tumor science can help. But it helps by again placing (you) in the very same situation (you) occupy now in all health.

The human endeavour consists of creating a realm of meaning inside a meaningless universe. That's what makes it beautiful, even if there's no hard substance beneath it all. Follow whatever philosophy creates the most meaningful and bearable life for you, that's the best all of us can really do in the end.

Perhaps (you) should begin with Vico's New Science, user.

your a adherent of scientism

there's like thousands of years of debate against this

check out scientific instrumentalism

What do you think would constitute being special or having purpose? Do you think these things are conceivably possible? Is your notion of them coherent according to known logic? If not, you're probably fundamentally dissatisfied with the metaphysical conditions of this universe and may wish to take your chances with attempting to transcend to a different one, by ending your current existence. Good luck~

>finding out you can just do whatever you want and create your own meaning as nothing has consequences in the end
>want to kill yourself

wew

Accept the world for what it is. You will change.

Accept yourself for who you are. The world will change.

Accept everything as is, and you'll realize you were lost in your reflection on the small pool of water you had cupped in your hands to drink.

Everything is a meme, but at some point you might find a meme that you like enough for you to justify your existence. That might be art, a family, a talent of yours, anything.
You can also take the easy way out and become religious, so that you can choose to believe in an unversal order, and brainwash yourself in the long run. It may sound a less honorable path, but it's something that has worked consistently for thousands of years on people from all exctractions, both economical and cultural.

This.