Need an analogy

Sentence is:

"It's simple enough to recognize this and not follow the sentiment like a __ follows __"

An animal or something natural would be preferential.

>bitch
>me

...like the foul smell follows a turd.

...like a pedophile follows a child.

...like your mother follows the tip of my dick.

Got your back, OP.

like a rabbit follows the hole

like a shadow follows the light

like the sound that follows your footsteps
like a motion that follows a feeling
like a go follows a start
like a hangover follows the beers

Like shame follows a nut

like a lit-user follows the twitter of voice of a generation tao lin

like the crack follows a nut

like a hound tracks spoor.

I like it. Thank you.

You're basically saying 'like a hound tracks tracks'.

Try 'like a duckling follows mother' or 'like a fly to a bug-light'

Hm. You can track a track, though, so it isn't that bizarre. I'm open to more suggestions.

>like a fly to a bug-light
Like a moth to light is probably what I had on the tip of my tongue when I made the thread.

The analogy is not needed, nor is the 'enough' or 'it'.

> This is simple to recognise and not to follow the sentiment.

Lol. No.

Not a fan of concision, then?

Yes, but there is a level of redundancy there. How about 'like the tide follows the moon'?

I can tell you're using a contrasting image here. You want something which shows a blind following being subverted, like the bug to the light. It's why I don't think 'like hound tracking spoor' works since its not the same implication.

Like cattle follow ranchers?
Like a mouse in a snake's den?

Or perhaps he's wishing to build upon the metaphor with concision rather than being black and white. Why only be concise if you can be evocative as well?

No. People track tracks. And though that TOO is spoor what a hound traces or 'tracks' is a scent, 'the spoor on the wind.'

Redeemable. But it's still not accurate in context. Like OP said, like a moth to a bulb is what he originally had in mind. It implied correcting oneself from being led astray or from blindly following. A hound on a spoor knows exactly where it's going at.

Gong to need more context, what is the tone you're going for?