Tfw you live post 9/11 and can no longer become a starving expatriate writer in Paris

>tfw you live post 9/11 and can no longer become a starving expatriate writer in Paris.

Paris is lame, hasn't been a cool place to live since the late 70s. Its basically an extension of Euro Disney now

Beijing is the new Paris

certainly you can. you just have to be a muslim refugee :^)

I prefer being able to breath.

Don't move to Paris then.

There are plenty of equivalent Paris's around the world, for me I've been thinking of moving to Mexico city
wow amazing insight user, haven't heard that joke a million times already

>Mexico city
Are you a smelly spic or something? Wouldn't be caught dead in that thirdworld shithole

stop talking about shit you clearly know nothing about

That's not nice, user. Nonetheless Berlin pour moi!

Si si senore, so sorry sorry mi amigo

what is the closest modern day equivalent of Paris for this feel?

Seattle maybe Portland

Phuket

Mind your language

hhahahaahahahahahahaahahaha

ahaahahahahahahahahahahahahah

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol no

In the 90's (you) mean before the high real estate values, prices and gentrification set in. These are now places for aging hipsters.

Russia

Galway, and has been for awhile.

All the great writers would prosper after an afternoon in Coyote's

Tokyo

Osaka tbqh

(you)

It's gotta be Hong Kong.

t. someone who's never lived in Hong Kong

Budapest, I'm moving there in a year or two to do my Masters in Church History and Language.

Taipei

see()

There isn't one

What happened to Paris is happening everywhere

Although yesterday I went to a used book fair in a residential part of Paris and it was pretty Veeky Forums desu

Modern literary cities:
Dublin
Edinburgh
Melbourne
Budapest
Berlin

Christchurch, New Zealand is the modern day Paris desu

>Edinburgh
Glasgow is miles ahead desu

>Dublin
Joyce moved for a reason buddy

Devestating earthquakes and Heavenly Creatures- my immediate associations when Christchurch is mentioned (and it's rarely mentioned) living here in darkness on the east coast of the United States. Still, the few kiwis I've met have been exceptionally sweet even literary persons. From Wellington, however.

Earthquakes are the most Veeky Forums natural disaster

Know what? I think (you) may be right. Recently read a bio of William James and he was never more jacked then when he happened to be in San Francisco for his lecture tour when the great one struck, in 1906. Though disasterous he was ever grateful for having had the experience, and couldn't stop talking about it.

It can be a lovely city. You just need the right ammount of money.

>Mexico City

LOL. What are you some sort of mudslime? Jesus Christ, get robbed

>Berlin
Literal cancer

NYC has always been better than the capital of the frogs. No one showers or shaves in Europe.

Is Aix-en-Provence still a literary city?

.....what? I seriously can't tell what is satire on this site anymore