Who are the angriest fiction writers?

Who are the angriest fiction writers?

A lot has been said about writers who are melancholic/suicidal, but I can't think of anyone known for rage.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angry_young_men
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

reginald rose

Bill Gass

Hunter S. fucking Thompson

celine

Thomas Bernhard

Elliot Rodger

Seung-Hui Cho is better for anger imo

Homer

harlan ellison.

it's kind of his thing. "I AM ANGRY ABOUT EVERYTHING. SHUT UP. I AM ANGRY."

>Movie big-wig suggest having the dog's mouth be animated for film version of "A Boy And His Dog"
>Ellison tries to push him out of a window.

Absolute madman if the rumours are true

this

>film version of "A Boy And His Dog"
was that the one with a young Don Johnson, of Miami Vice fame? The normie society preserved underground?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angry_young_men

Thats the one. The dog's mouth didn't get animated and it's a really enjoyable post-apoc movie. I actually like it more than Mad Max.

is Kingsley Amis good at all

I really enjoyed this one, it's like a posthumous collection of everything he wrote about alcohol.

which was a lot, because he was an alcohol.

I also read Take a Girl Like You, was a good novel. pretty funny if you can into British humor and mid-20th century culture. Everyone says Lucky Jim is the good one, but my library didn't have it. Saw a movie on TV with a young Peter Sellars that was good, turns out it was adapted from an Amis book.

this sounds like it'd be right up my alley. been meaning to read lucky jim but i might jump to this one first.

is he ANGRY though

Dante, Gaddis, Bernhard, Celine, my diary desu, Gass, some Shakespeare, Nietzsche. but usually, generally angry writers aren't as good as writers that are more loving, or more complex.

If you knew how frequently and furiously Proust masturbated he would be the hands-down pick for this thread. I mean we're talking 10 times per day on a slow day. In fact publishers complained that the Swann's Way manuscript would have brown and white smudges on them. This is documented in letters from Proust and people who knew him well, and yes, the letters themselves have similar smudges. To this day I refer to shit-brown fingerprints from fingering one's own asshole as a "Proustian stamp".

Jesus. 10x a day. His dick must've looked like a spoiled raw sausage.

well, he skewers the conventions of the day, maybe something like Heller in the US but not quite as course, but he was not following the queen's flotilla down the Thames blasting the Sex Pistols or anything. It was a different time.

Victor Serge

>baby boomers whining about how good they have it and angrily destroying Western civilization because they can't stick their dick in anything that moves
Fuck these kikes

Joel Lehtonen
Sickly orphan that raised by a priest, writing turned angry after the finnish civil war.

How about books focused on murder/torture? As in descriptive, fictionary works
>Hard mode: no happy ending

big if true

Don't leave me hangin', lads

American Psycho (Keep in mind the killings are so over the top it's hard to take them seriously)

Panzram

Swift, Aristophanes, biblical writers, etc.

Moravagine

>it's hard to take them seriously
Yea, but thanks for the suggestion anyway

Perfect