Mexican cuisine

Anyone knows where to find some courses on mexican cuisine? Ive searched, but most are not free or just books.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCttqNxl6IfKvyPY4hcigIjw
youtube.com/channel/UCVZsY1CF9VwLTKgs9YLQkXw
wweek.com/restaurants/news-restaurants/2017/06/06/the-battle-over-kooks-burritos-led-to-death-threats-and-international-outrage-we-invited-portland-chefs-to-weigh-in/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have you seen Rick Bayless' show on PBS? You should be able to find a lot of episodes online. A pretty good introduction for someone who knows nothing about actual Mexican food.

Regions vary heavily. The coastal area for tourists has fantastic food but I have no recipes or pictures. If you're just looking for Latin-Americ try escabeche, ceviche, or lomo saltado.

This is the true way niño.
>learn Spanish
>go to small Mexican grocer, most likely set up in a double-wide trailer
>befriend the smallest, sweetest, most shriveled old abuela there
>help her carry her groceries
>offer to come help her around her house
>after a few weeks of doing light housework she will tell you her secrets

this

double dubs has the right idea

youtube.com/channel/UCttqNxl6IfKvyPY4hcigIjw

youtube.com/channel/UCVZsY1CF9VwLTKgs9YLQkXw

I might be able to find an abuela where I live, Ill have to try.

Looks nice, but I also want to know how and why the recipes are that way, not just make them

>to know how and why the recipes are that way
Explain

For example, when to apply certain spices and when not to, or what chicken goes well with, etc.

Pidele tlayuda oaxaqueña

goddammit stop this shit

This was my recomendation a few years ago .... i would say it still holds water

Making friends with older folks with a passion for and love for making home cooked meals is key
They will show you much in as much as your willing to listen and learn for you to get the ropes

>then
>open restaurant
>advertise authentic mexican cuisine
>hordes of SJW assholes start giving you shitty reviews
>get threats of firebombings and murder
>close down and disappear to another city to avoid the mob

Yay for Portland.

wweek.com/restaurants/news-restaurants/2017/06/06/the-battle-over-kooks-burritos-led-to-death-threats-and-international-outrage-we-invited-portland-chefs-to-weigh-in/

Read this article a week or so ago. SJWs are an absolute fucking cancer. Jesus Christ, just nuke Portland. What could be an awesome city has been consumed by junkies, homeless, and liberall SJWs whose sole reason for existence is to find reasons to complain and be perpetually offended.

>whose sole reason for existence is to find reasons to complain and be perpetually offended.
Yes, perfectly describes you and your ilk.

I was thinking about starting a YouTube channel. Usually the recipes get passed down to us girls. My family is from Northern Mexico (Sinaloa) but, I want to include regional dishes from each state. My state is known for their seafood dishes. My husband is from Mexico City so I learned some recipes through his mom.

Do it faggot, I'd watch it.

After I give birth I'll see about it.

sorry I don't eat wall food

tits or get the fuck out

What are you trying to make? Mexican cuisine varies so much depending on what region you’re from. You’ll find out that the same plate is prepared totally different just based on what regional recipe you’re looking at.
If you want the best seafood recipes, look at the coastal regions. If your recipe is plant or non-beef meat based, central to south Mexico will have he best recipes. Most northern dishes include bread, cheese, meat, etc.

I think the easiest place to start if you want to make mexican cuisine is to learn and master the basics: foods like Tacos (Not taco bell kind, theres a crap ton of things you can put in tacos besides beef and cheese n salsa), Tostadas, Burritos (That don't have just beans n cheese), and, if your good at things like baking or rolling/kneading dough and want a challenge, Gorditas. Learning how to make things like salsa and tortillas (if you want full on authentic) is another good way to start. Plus salsa is easy to make, almost anywhere that teaches basic cooking stuffs (Some are free, I'd usually check natural foods stores/supermarkets for classes) will cover basic salsa at some point

Yeah, Portland is awful. Everyone on the west coast hates most people from Portland. I'm sure there are some nice people there, but they're in the minority. The few Portlanders I've run into have been insufferable cunts, and I live in NorCal.
But, on the topic of that particular thing, those women did fucking nothing wrong. Every decent chef in the fucking world has to train under different chefs, which is basically what they did. They got experience, and learned technique and recipes, which is exactly what people do, especially if they want to open a restaurant. Fucking hell....that still burns my biscuits.