youtube.com/watch?v=I8Xc2_FtpHI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've heard Jordan Peterson spout a lot of shit but this was pretty good

Stop forcing this dead meme

nothing

It really is the essence of what he's saying

Jordan Peterson is the perfect Neutral Good

if u dont agree, i'm waiting

tfw you create the world's first AI that detects postmodern neo-marxist content and people call you a pseud

are people paid to shill his threads on Veeky Forums?

yes

I've seen a lot of threads about this guy but never watched a vide of him before and

>Canadian accent

How can anyone take this guy seriously?

He's a Jew, dummy. Just play along. The goyim don't know.

i hope he starts his series on the 100 best books of the western canon soon

How is this Veeky Forums related again?

his most popular content is literary analysis of the bible

The way Veeky Forums fetishize Jordan Peterson is odd.

he's a combination self-help guru and savior of western civilization

Peterson's aesthetic theories are stupid. He thinks all art is fundamentally didactic. Makes for really boring and pat interpretations.

He starts off confusing inadequacy and oppression. He claims you can't fix oppression but there's a big difference for example between being ugly and others imposing their will upon you.

Pick up your suffering and bear it? You're going to die and a lot of things are unfair so noting really matters so just accept it? Yup he's just promoting fatalism here.

The postmodernist types are ungrateful because they won't respect people that just go to work and do things they don't like, kek

He mocks the idea of monetary compensation for oppression but what's his opinion on Jewish extortion to underwrite the existence of Israel since WWII? Let me guess... that's totally different lol

how about the way Veeky Forums counter-fetishizes Jordan Peterson? There's just as much hate as praise, if not more so.

All these resentful people, so little time.

Kermit the frog is the platonic form of Jordan Peterson

Prove me wrong

Sorry everything has to include a side of faggotry and degeneration for you to find it "interesting"

t. someone who doesnt know what platonic forms are

Not an argument, prove me wrong with a carefully crafted 500 words essay or go away to somewhere more appropriate for a man of low intellect such as yourself.

>Foucault
>DUDE MENTAL ILLNESS IS NOT A BAD THING, THEY ARE JUST DIFFERENT, OKAY?
Literally the man who is to blame for pink haired cunts on tumblr pretending to be bipolar for attention. Fuck Foucault.

>Fuck Foucault.
AIDS.

>He starts off confusing inadequacy and oppression. He claims you can't fix oppression but there's a big difference for example between being ugly and others imposing their will upon you.
Typical post modern sophist bullshit. You cannot undo the effect of being ugly, just the knowledge of what it means to be ugly and that you are ugly negatively affects you. Your will and the will of others are not independent.

Peterson is such a great orator, I really admire him for that. I couldn't think and vocalize the way he does, not at all. Rhetoric is a dying skill in our time.

There isn't a problem with it, but I'm not sure he quite understands what he is demanding of people. Life really is hard for most people, and it really isn't odd that they lash out violently, or become utopian idealists.

>You cannot undo the effect of being ugly
with enough money you can ;)
>just the knowledge of what it means to be ugly and that you are ugly negatively affects you
4 u

Our dads just stayed in the garage drinking all night and occasionally coming inside to scream at mommy and break stuff.

The idea that another male can actually try to help you is a powerful novelty for some of us.

I hardly notice it.

>with enough money you can ;)
Wrong, you can change being ugly but not the effect that it's already had on your psyche. Even if you get surgery that just causes further psychological stress, typical thoughts include being a fraud, passing on your ugly genes to your children, financial difficulty, allowing shallowness to rule you, and so forth. Once you develop a complex, getting rid of the cause does not get rid of the complex. And even if it did, it wouldn't get rid of the damage said complex had already caused, for example you wouldn't win back your teen years wasted being ugly, right? Queue feelings of loss, isolation, etc etc etc.

Remember what Peterson said on how endless and varied 'oppression' is once you start to go down that road? It was like in the first minute user, pay attention please.

Holy shit, first time I've ever watched one of his videos. Is this seriously the best that Veeky Forums can do? This is the great JP who is going to save us from the horrors of postmodernism? This pathetic "pull yourself up by your bootstraps and just get better, bro" moralizing that I could get from my high-school dropout grandfather is coming from Veeky Forums's new favorite public intellectual? Fucking hell, what happened to this board.

>over-generalization from a single instance

>what happened to this board
It's full of cancer like you

>he's allowed to be boring, moralizing, and simplistic just this once

Just workout and meditate brah. Take kratom.

>moralizing
post-modern degenerate detected
A 10 minute video and you've already deconstructed him eh? No biggie for a big boy genius like you though. Just another successful opportunity to trot out the ideology.

Show me your cultural psychologist, then.

>It's full of cancer like you
I'm cancer because I'm not hopping on JP meme train? There's more to this board than just memeing about public intellectuals. Also, has it ever occurred to you that part of JP's popularity might lie in the fact that most of his content (or at least the stuff that gets posted here) consists of youtube videos (presumably full of un-scary truisms like the ones in OP) which are far easier for brainlets to digest than actual literature and philosophy?

I don't have one. Is there one you'd like to recommend?
>A 10 minute video and you've already deconstructed him eh? No biggie for a big boy genius like you though. Just another successful opportunity to trot out the ideology.
You're giving me too much credit. I think who's head is not firmly up JP's ass would be able to realize that this is just "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" wisdom.

*anyone whose head

watch his actual lectures instead of rating a man based off the 2 minute REKT vids taken out of context

Okay. Which one. I'm willing to give the leaf one lecture, and from that I'll decide if I want to watch more.

Here's one.
youtu.be/f-wWBGo6a2w

Peterson is a cool guy. He isn't revolutionary, but at least he has a lot of good sense about him, like not answering questions when he thinks he's not mentally prepared to provide a well articulated answer. He is genuine about his passion for ideas.

>at least he has a lot of good sense about him, like not answering questions when he thinks he's not mentally prepared to provide a well articulated answer

I hate that this is considered an achievement, like that time a policeman won an award for not being corrupt ...

Corruption is a temptation.

Welcome to reality, where most interesting people are actually frauds that succeeded because "fake it til you make it"

There is power in the simplicity of his argument. He is presenting the very bare-bones here, if you want you can explore his actual lectures where he goes into defining good, proving evil, Jungian archetypes, etc... where much of his argument is based on mythology and literature.

>defining good, proving evil
Sorry but I've totally transcended your basic bitch categories of interpretation

>there's a big difference for example between being ugly and others imposing their will on you

what? People treat you like shit for being ugly.

microaggressions =/= literal forms of slavery

I mean there's totally different levels, it's more of a gradient I suppose but not everything is on the same level. You can obviously deal with slight annoyances individually but there's things that can't be

I don't like the way he shies away from big ideals and total execution of will, the humble self improvement he boasts is nothing but self absorbed mediocrity

He puts forth a very compelling argument for the existence of evil. Your loss.

*Forget Foucault

Another stupid thing about him is that he thinks epistemological priority implies ontological priority (pain is more immediate to you therefore it's "more real" than, say, the external world). But it's not at all clear why that should be the case, and the idea that some things that exist are "more real" than others doesn't make any sense anyway. Something either exists or it doesn't; there is no further gradation.

Seriously. My dad is an overgrown toddler. He unironically says, "I'm going bedibye". Peterson made me realize I was allowed to take myself seriously.

>Deep archtypes that are fundamentally irreducible and open to endless interpretation
>Didactic
Do you know what that word even means?

someone needs to get sorted

will you be planning your father's funeral or standing awkwardly off to the side trying to look cool?

That's exactly my point, though. He reduces everything to the "irreducible" archetypes of chaos and order and derives life lessons from that. Archetypal interpretations are neat at first, but they get really old after a while, and in any case great art is always that which remains convincing while avoiding archetype

Good use of the image

>He unironically says, "I'm going bedibye"
That's cute and charming. You should lighten up.

My dad spends at least 2 hours of his day (1/8 of his entire waking life) waching family guy, and my mom keeps the entire Fifty Shades trilogy on the same bookshelf as airport-tier Christian literature.
At some point I figured, I can do better than this.

>My dad spends at least 2 hours of his day (1/8 of his entire waking life) waching family guy, and my mom keeps the entire Fifty Shades trilogy on the same bookshelf as airport-tier Christian literature.

Sounds like the average american family desu

THis is basically my mother except she doesn't work or do any housework, leaving it all to my dad. Dad's great though, and I've always felt sorry for him having to put up with her

He draws heavily on mythology, scripture, folk tales, Jungian archetypes, and all other manner of things in that vein in his more expounded upon interpretations and reasoning, he just doesn't talk about it in this video.

>defining good, proving evil, Jungian archetypes, etc... where much of his argument is based on mythology and literature.
Sounds interesting. Is there one you'd recommend besides , or is that one just the absolute best JP lecture ever

Peterson thinks that some people just naturally don't have the temperament to be interested in intellectual topics, but I think that's a load of bullshit. Anyone who's raised by intelligent parents can develop an interest in art, philosophy, the sciences, etc.. It's just that most people aren't raised that way so they only ever expose their own children to garbage.

I assume you're the same person as , but just in case.

Actual research into post plastic surgery patients suggests it typically improves quality if life enduringly.

In fact I think Peterson's very popularity proves me right on this. He makes art, philosophy, and the sciences all really engaging, and he has hundreds of thousands of people watching his vids on those topics

In fact, Peterson proves the plebian desire for pop psychology and watered down philosophy.

Here's a shorter one, but still substantial
youtube.com/watch?v=MLp7vWB0TeY

He's not that bad.

My dad developed these infantile mannerisms too, he spends an hour every day playing pokemon go on his ipad, like a bloated child adhered to his chair. It disgusts me, it's demeaning, it's undignified. Men shouldn't be this way.

Good times breed weak men.

he's literally offering an 80s marxist critique of liberal identity politics lol

peterson is offering cryptomaoism. wake up sheeple

Watch the entirety of Maps of Meaning 2017.
youtube.com/watch?v=I8Xc2_FtpHI

Even so that doesn't undo the past or its effects.