marxists.org/reference/subject/ethics/kant/religion/religion-within-reason.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

feelings

your brain reward circuitry

Empathy

slipary wet dog poop

Evolved brain patterns/idiosyncracies

Ethics and Morals are the same things.
If you think Ethics are less feelsy and less spooky, then you need to take a hard look.

Jesus Christ

When you reach morality the chain inverts and we no longer talk about cause but effect.

Are psychopaths amoral then?

Nice argument faggot

Yes

The things they usually do are immoral, so yes.

marxists.org/reference/subject/ethics/kant/religion/religion-within-reason.htm

Bringing a subjective and identifiable social version of an in-group's definition of heaven closer to reality, rather than bringing hell into being.

morality is a spook

Resentment for the most part although not entirely

a need for acceptance

The well-being of conscious creatures.

Imagine a universe in which every sentient being suffers as much as possible for as long as possible, lets call that the worst possible misery for everyone. Lets agree that the worst possible misery for everyone is "bad" and that if we should do anything it's to avoid it.

Everything anyone does has causal effects which brings us either closer or farther away from the worst possible misery for everyone. So your actions, and yours beliefs which influences your actions, determines whether you as an agent in causes us to move in one direction or the other on the spectrum of misery.

Thus actions which causes us to move towards the worst misery for everyone are "morally bad", and naturally actions which causes us to move away from it, ie to move towards flourishing and well-being are "morally good".

The structure of our brains is the basis of morality and everything else is just built upon it.

I'd take the universe where I'm most happy and all others suffer over one where I am unhappy at times.

Good for you son. We will confine useless/dangerous/autistic agents like you in some type of VR coma where you can enjoy our specially built shitposting simulator for the rest of your life.

Or did it already happen? Spooky.

The collective unconcious creates archetypes of prodigal heroes that we must seek to replicate in order to win the sum of all possible darwinian scenarios

I am at the brink. Bloody but not unbowed. In the ephemeral schism of to-do, to be, a 20-year-old problem brought to roost. I can barely type moreover find the meaning in written word: yet here I lay, stamping away on the keyboard. There’s so much left to our generation. Problems of a prior accordance - I sit askew in legerdemain, left to google, to self-satisfaction.
How many words can spill out of my mouth? How many times can I call it quits, to find myself at a new repress? All my hopes could be thought a shiny corona made of the slimy self deceiving, bit-delusion. It’s a parcourse eccentricity building unto a prophesied and quasi-actualized genius; slowly envisioning the horrible construct that I insist myself on. I can’t be any other way. I’m cursed to be the antithetical Icarus, grown to surf depths lower than my weak little legs can sustain. I envision greatness in small aberration: is that the schizoid? The anti-neuro-typical?
At times I concur with the aphorism of Tupac Shakur (and I quote): “When I write rhymes I go blind and let the Lord do his thing.” Except in this incidence I am not sure of my allegiance to creator God, so I juggle purgatory like a newborn baby Absalom. Narcissistic to knife point, absorbing gold and glint, baubles a-dancing glitter. Find me low on the stages of life, gnashing teeth and colored hackneyed ideals; lowest of low, dolor on dollars, free of horror yet recognizant of all the little setbacks. Gethsemane: hang me on the willows. I scream in every action, echoing forever long, yet, no one hears. I’m undermined in the truest sense.
Let me unfurrow to a point. I never knew my father. My mother was a paranoid schizophrenic. I spent three odd years of my life bouncing from foster family to foster family, alongside my little sister. Oh, my little sister. You know? There’s a good chance she was molested when I was younger than ten: I didn’t know that then, but I figured it out recently.
To the other point. I hate myself. I undermine my own agent, visage of disgust transmuting every happy thought into a harrowing omen. Mute am I, as a mule. Carrying everything on a’ back, onto death. I worry to the point of being an antiquity, I would find it better to act on my thoughts. I procrastinate on that calling to me: telling myself, “I’m young, there’s still time to grow, to be had. I should enjoy myself.” I don’t enjoy myself.
Sometimes, I consider that the only remedy for a miserable life is death. I think, therefore I am. I die, therefore I am absolved. Simpleminded conclusions can oft be the Occam’s razor: the truest cleanse to the acids of abstract reasoning. And life is the wellspring of acid, succor of the suckled teat. Feel free to draw as much fetid milk as your mouth can. Gulp gulp gulp. I’m a goldfish swimming in murky scum. The time is three thirty AM, and I am passing out.

Yeah, I saw Home Alone 2 too.

10/10

When I answer you have pressed 10 enough

Me.

does a busy life detract from your sense of self or add to it?

A spook we've managed to convince ourselves is good

In reality humans probably necessarily became moral in order to function together in society

That's my unironic dream though, and in the face of general AI it's probably the best dream you could have as well.

>in reality
?
what're you busy with?

work, relationships, some interspersion of those things

Morality only exists as a mechanism to allow humans to function together in society like you said, but that only happened in order to benefit the individual human. The only thing that matters is what benefits you, the individual, the most.

Sure, why not?

As long as the dream is unironic and not just sincere.

sex

Just watch/read chomsky on this subject, it'll all become clear for you.

Mutually agreed upon belief.
No more valid than two people agreeing not to do something based on the word of a bearded sky king because they feel that to be true.

top kek

implicitly - the soul

explicitly - the highly evolved human mind and it's cooperative socio-adaptation

My own personal judgment.

I, and I alone, am the source of moral facts.

Empathy.

If there is no empathy there can be no morality.

Mores are socially agreed upon rules and can vary quite wildly between races & cultures.

Youre welcome.

egoistic union

circular reasoning

No, it's empathy, really.

It depends on what you mean by that.
Nature, if you mean, from what does morality arise.
Virtue, if you mean how is morality pursued.

A social contract desu

religion tbqh

>What is the basis of morality?

The fact that a race of self-serving, chronically violent chimps are still arguing about the basis the basis of "morality," a concept that exists in the first place, for hundreds of thousands of years despite their rational minds and baser impulses telling them it shouldn't exist.

Something deeper inside you than you can easily see, so that even when you refuse to look for it, and jeer at it for not existing, it simply waits for you to find it again.

Societal cohesion.

Indeed

mirror neurons

debunked meme

How to be a good person:
1. Not being an atheist
2. Not being a liberal/leftist/modernist
3. Being a Christian
4. Obeying the Law and the law
5. Being merciful and virtuous
6. Not being an atheist

Lmao spooks desu desu

my diary desu

>christians
>good
Pick one.

>FIRE, ENERGY GLORY AND THINKING!

an objective model of cooperation that allows life to expand and adapt and sophisticate as it does naturally when circumstances prevail. By analyzing patterns in nature that promote biological diversity, which increases the plasticity of the biome's ecosystem, we can see that it is necessary to preserve each race as best as possible in it's home country, using the wealth of the plutocrats to fund education and advisors in poor low-skill countries. We need to start a revolution of unionization to take power away from the plutocrats peacefully. We need rule by law applied to all cases equally regardless of government bias. Our western countries have been taken over by incredibly wealthy investment bankers that come from many countries throughout the world. We need to use the refusal to work to force referendums and amendments to the US constitution to protect our freedom and our lives.