Anyone here doing their sunday baking?

anyone here doing their sunday baking?

recipe please. So nice

my husband refuses to eat real sourdough bread and thinks home baking is wasteful and pointless.

75g starter (I keep mine in the fridge and feed it once or twice a week)
500g bread flour
375g warm water
9g salt
3 tablespoons fresh finely chopped rosemary
Lots of olive oil, some more fresh rosemary and flaky salt, some garlic cloves, and halved grape tomatoes

dissolve starter in 375g warm water, add flour and mix. autolyse 30 min. after 30 minutes, add salt and finely chopped rosemary. pinch and fold to incorporate. stretch and fold every 30 min for 3 hours, then cover loosely with a towel and let rise in cool area for 12 hours. my room temp was about 65F.

after dough has bulk fermented, line a deep sheet cake pan with parchment paper and rub down with olive oil. pour dough out onto pan, drizzle a little more EVOO on top, and let rest for 2 hours.

preheat oven to 425F, then GENTLY stretch out the dough into a rough rectangle. top with tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, and drizzle with a little more EVOO. dimple the dough, pushing down the tomatoes and garlic. sprinkle flaky sea salt.

bake 25-30 minutes, then let cool completely before slicing.

have you considered divorce

Why would you not peel the garlic?

because this way it roasts in the skin without burning and becoming bitter! you just pluck the skins off afterwards, and smear the roasted garlic on the top of the bread.

>actually looks good
>didn't peel garlic
GTFO the kitchen. Holy fuck, I had to do like 15 fucking captchas for this post, wtf is going on.

see

I have never been able to do a proper starter. Tried many times never worked.

Will try this week, lets see how it works. If I get it right this time, will try your recipe

try using rye flour to make your starter! and give it more time than you think -- mine took probably 3 weeks before it reliably doubled in a few hours and passed the float test

Looks gorgeous but come on buddy, is it so much effort to peel your garlic?

roasting the peeled cloves can be risky because they can burn quickly. the papery skin adds a little layer of protection, and when you serve it people can easily slip the roasted clove out of the paper and smear it onto their bread if they desire.

Will try. Tomorrow I will buy some rye flour

>unpeeleded garlic
retard

HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES TO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN THAT THE PAPER KEEPS THE GARLIC FROM BURNING AND TURNING BITTER, AND ALSO THEN TURNS INTO A DELICIOUS THINK YOU CAN SLIP OUT OF THE PAPER AND SPREAD ON YOUR BREAD

FUCK

I STAND BY MY FEELINGS EVEN WITH THE TYPOS

Why not just roast some garlic separately and then spread it on the bread? Why put garlic peels in your food?

because then it's all in one pan and the presentation is nice and people can pick and chose if they want the garlic

I agree. I would also gladly eat it.

still bullshit sempai

that's fine, you can think that. all that matters to me is that this entire tray of my first ever focaccia was devoured by friends within 30 minutes.

>presentation is nice
Would be nicer if there wasn't garlic peel on it. Just sayin

>chose if they want the garlic
they could chose that even better if the roasted garlic was on the side as a spread

you don't have any friends

we can agree to disagree! for presentation and connivence sake this is the focaccia i made to take to a golden globes watching thing, and it was good.

it looks great but the garli

I thought it was really weird at first, but I like your unpeeled, roasted, and spreadable garlic thing user. I think that would be pretty good.

it's a nice little addition for those who want it, without overpowering the whole bread for those who don't. plus, it's easier and less time consuming than roasting a whole head of garlic, and you do get a bit of minor flavor in the bread its baked on.

but why didn't you peel it?

this has been fun, thanks to everyone who provided actual feedback :)

You are welcome. Just remember to peel the garlic next time.

I also provided actual feedback, but not a fan of the unpeeled garlic. That's some meme shit right there.

what about it is a meme? i genuinely don't understand what you mean.

>puts in unpeeled garlic
>it's terrible
>tries to turn it into "an experience" to justify the choice

lmao ok

>Holy fuck, I had to do like 15 fucking captchas for this post
I've been seeding Google with incorrect captcha responses for months. They're finally having an effect.

unpeeled garlic cloves on a focchacia.
Now Ive seen it all....

Its a fucking foccacia.

switch the legacy captcha you stupid fucking nigger

My peepee gets hard when i see wmyn. Thoughts Veeky Forumsros?

The unpeeled garlic thing might be neat idea, but scattering them around on a loaf of bread like that just looks really dumb, presentation wise