Cheese!

An odd situation has befallen me. Between personal purchases and gifts, I have 2.5 lbs of various cheeses that may not hold for more than a couple of weeks.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how a single man can utilize over 2lbs of cheese beyond basics like grilled cheese, fondue, french cheese, and adding it to every salad and sandwich?

Other urls found in this thread:

greenprophet.com/2013/06/the-most-fabulous-middle-eastern-dessert-knafeh/
bbqdan.com/recipes/macaroni_cheese.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Give it to a food bank or whatever its equivalent is for your region. If you can't use it, give it to those who can BEFORE the cheese is no longer fit for consumption. I'm not saying give all of it, just give what you're realistically unlikely to use.

>Give it to a food bank or whatever its equivalent is for your region. If you can't use it, give it to those who can
I appreciate your idea but it's unrealistic for many reasons, including the fact that I've moved to an area that's so rural that there isn't a food bank, and the locals aren't so keen on receiving random shit even if you know them. And my friends and family are far away.

I'd rather just find ways to use it rather than waste it.

Why can you not freeze them? Alternatively, some can be stored in wax, some in brine, or just go directly for recipes like mac n' cheese, enchiladas, saganaki, pizzas/flatbreads, french onion soup, chowders cheesecake etc etc

Make different Mac n Cheeses.
Freeze them in small dishes.
Reheat them as needed.

what is the black vein?

Oh, cheeseball! Definitely worth it.

>can be stored in wax, some in brine
Thank you!

I know how to make common dishes but I had never thought about preserving them this way. Also I've never heard of saganaki, but it gives me several cheese-heavy ideas like spanikopita and kidney lasagna.

Tartiflette, raclette, fondue, baked cheese (see baked brie og camenbert)

I must urge you

greenprophet.com/2013/06/the-most-fabulous-middle-eastern-dessert-knafeh/

make a big ass lasagna and make batch of bechamel you melt bunch of cheeses in
lasagna freezes well too so no need to worry about eating it all right away
heck, you can add cheese to all kinda cassaroles that freeze well

Use it as fodder for mac and cheese. I've made this recipe close to 100 times and it's very successful.

bbqdan.com/recipes/macaroni_cheese.html

Just swap in your cheese in place of the cheddar.

If you have a vacuum packing machine (don't know how its called in english. The machine you use to do sous-vide packets) you can keep them longer that way. Only really works for dry cheeses (gruyère, comté, cheddar maybe)

I've never seen a cheese with fucking black mold in it...

vacuum seal and freeze

>2.5lbs
>couple of weeks

Is this supposed to be a lot for that time frame? just throw that shit on crackers with some sausage and snack on it every day.

That's black truffle. I didn't take a picture of my own, but it's flaked.

Those machines are pretty uncommon in most house-holds, though I'm tempting to get one with as much vegetable matter as I burn through. It sucks when you want half an ounce of something that comes in over a pound.

I'll look at the prices of vacuuming.

once made a 7-cheese mac n cheese
try that
have a nice cheese board with some crackers, chutney, fruit and pickles
experiment with different wine or beer pairing and blog your findings
cheese is an endless adventure user

Depends on what type of cheese it is. I could easily go through 2.5 pounds of ricotta or mild cheddar in a week but not 2.5 pounds of Romano or something like that.

Thats only 81 grams per day over 2 weeks.

Not everyone eats that much cheese, or eat cheese err-day. Hell, I don't even eat at home every day.

Doesn't matter if people eat that much cheese or not. That is how much cheese you have and it is entirely practical to eat it before it spoils.