In a lit class

>In a lit class
>professor insists the novels we read will break preconceptions and stereotypes about minorities
>this is our first book
>the first story is about a girl who gets pregnant, the baby daddy left, and she insists her son dindu nuffin when presented with a crime

Jesus christ this is poetry a novel supposedly the hallmark for african americans can be literally summed up by black twitter posts

WE

Right wing lit professor, AMA.

what literature do you teach?

American literature and some introductory grammar courses

What books are included on your syllabi?

>American
>literature
Um, no.

Walt Whitman is one of the most influential poets of all time, and Moby-Dick one of the greatest novels ever written

The Scarlet Letter
Moby Dick
Black Boy
The Human Stain
The crying lot
And some miscellaneous bits of poetry, letters, documents, etc
I'm sorry you feel that way. American literature is very well done in my opinion, but of course I'm biased

>Black Boy
even the right-winger gotta have that tokenism

I had to. Else my course would seem too "unfair" to the university and I'd be in trouble. It's scary, don't ever become a professor

If anyone in the faculty learned I was fascist I'd be revoked and shunned from every university. It's worse than you think

>being a fascist

You see? You're just proving user's point. Fascists are so marginalized in academia.

>NOT being a fascist
Nigga
IZ

consider reading iceberg slim. you'll get it past most any censorship and you could easily link up human stain and trick baby

I had similar experience with Things Fall Apart. It's supposed to be about this beautiful complex culture or something but it just seemed silly.

Only a rotten or twisted branch fears fascism

I'm not white and what you seemingly don't understand is that academia has grown just as fascist in parallel ways. All these academe worms on the left are far more disingenuous with their motives and desire for control, and I think what annoys me even more than open racists are the self-righteous charlatans in the schools posing as moral authorities on one hand as they consolidate and reach for power in any way that they can with the other. I'd rather be surrounded by wolves than wolves in sheep's clothing who pretend to speak for me.

these are some very impressive logical acrobatics user

Where did you get your doctorate from?

Don't talk shit about Chinua Achebe.

Duke for both MA and my PhD

Godspeed, doctor.

A dead white European male was teaching a class on English literature, known tool of imperialist oppression.
“Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship King Leopold II, greatest monarch the world has ever known, even greater than James Monroe!”

At this moment, a black, female, transgendered, cis-hetero-homoflexible Latino transvestite man who has over 20,000 Tweets and 12,000 Tumblr posts stood up and held up a novel.

“What is this book?”

The professor smirked oppressively and smugly replied “Heart of Darkness, by Polish-British writer Joseph Conrad, an intelligent and insightful study of the primitive mind of the African peoples.”

“Wrong. The book is a racist and oppressive piece of propaganda designed to dehumanize the proud peoples of the African continent. Conrad is a bigot. If the book truly had merit as you claimed, Oprah would’ve reviewed it on her show already.”

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and Iron Cross. He stormed out of the room crying those DWEM crocodile tears.

The students applauded and all registered Marxist that day and accepted Martin Luther King Jr. as their lord and savior. An okapi pounced into the room and stood next to a south-up map centered around Africa. The students joined hand in hand and sang Toto’s Africa several times, and Jesse Jackson, king of all black people, showed up to enact affirmative action across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He was beaten to death with yams by villagers and was tossed into the Sahara desert for all eternity.

That student’s name? Chinua Achebe.

Hakuna Matata.

As far as token black people go he wasn't nearly as bad as Toni Morrison, but definitely didn't belong among the few books they made my highschool read.
At least my Teacher had taste and made us read The road [\spoiler]

>had taste
>corncobs tortilla yecarthy's worst novel (and thats saying something)
niceme.me

>beaten to death with yams

you just don't understand the symbolism of the dusty ashy grey death of the mist decaying misery suffering cannibalism

yea well why dont you carry this corncob? UP YOUR ASS?

He's really not that bad. Come on, he actually depicted black people the way they really were without whites, beating their multiple wives half to death and dumping twins in the jungle at birth.