"Thou Shalt!"

"Thou Shalt!"

You spent 40,000 dollars and 4 years of your life on a university education because you're that scared of growing up.

>tfw wasted 4 years of my life and 45000 on a university education instead of getting a job as a dishwasher or a janitor
feels bad man.
What does this have to do with Veeky Forums though?

I feel justified in retrospect. Growing up sucks dick and university staved it off admirably. I should have gone for grad school too but the money was too good to turn down after years of dickensian student poverty.

>40000 dollars in education
It must be so sad being American

I would study engineering but I fucking hate calculus shit and I would probably end up in a homicide case if I ended up surveying streetpaths and sewer placement
I could study literature but what a fucking waste of time, holy shit just do that in your own time

Any English speaking country is a sad first world country to be in.

Actually I dropped out of community college twice because the local school is a cesspool of retarded instructors and wastrel students. Joined the military for several years, now I can go back to school for free but I'm old and would probably hate it. Would rather be making money in a career anyway, there's only so many years left before forced retirement.

And yet the more English-speaking a country is, the more first-world it is

What the fuck are you talking about? The United States shouldn't even be considered first-world at this point. Germany, not to mention smaller European countries such as the Netherlands and Denmark, has a much better economy and higher standard of living than the UK.

>tfw got paid to get a degree
>degree is still useless because I was too busy studying to be out schmoozing and networking
If I didn't get full tuition for doing well in high school I'd probably never go to college.

>mfw in medical school
>mfw facing a great immediate starting salary and 100% guaranteed work for the rest of my life

I laugh at all the poor faggots who go to university to study anything other than a useful practical skill. Literature major? kys.

Just do what you do in life; There's no need to indirectly justify yourself to elusive internet figures.

t.american who never left the continent
You ever been to Switzerland? They're living the dream.

>medical
Have fun looking at sick bodies the rest of your life.

I started this but I went to community college so it was cheaper. Then I dropped out and got a shitty job, realized I wanted to study science the whole time but was scared and went back. Now I'm applying to top tier grad schools for engineering and I'm more confident than I've ever been.

Enjoy the palpation of 400-pound whales that smell like French cheese and make smegma inbetween their n-th-n+1-th fat flaps.

>engineering
>science
I though you realized mathematics or physics are the way to go but you just want to learn the basics to be able to do engineering. That's sad user.

>wanting to be unemployed
But tbqh most people aren't gonna ever make any progress in mathematics or physics, so it's better for most, if they are interested in making a contribution to science, to go into biology or some chemistry, or engineering so at least you have a job.

The US has a much higher standard of living than Europe, and its been this way since about the 1920s. If the US isn't first world then there isn't a first world. Have you ever actually been the Europe? Notice any American-style suburbs with big houses, American-style shopping outlets, or cars that aren't hatchbacks? The European upper-middle class lives like the American lower-middle/working class.

>implying I didn't choose medical school in the first place to be able to do this

Might as well try to scare a literature major by saying "haha have fun being forced to read books"

Laughing my fucking ass off.

>the US has much higher standard of living than Europe
t. 5 year lower life expectancy than switzerland

Are you posting from a phone or a notebook at McDonalds?

hello, fellow med-patrician. are you too excited to easily secure a well-paid, extremely fulfilling job that has the noble cause of saving people's lives and not of spending one's entire life being a self-centered leech masturbating oneself through pretentious literature?

Switzerland is a small country that attracts the ultra-rich. If Northern Virginia or Palo Alto seceded from the Union they would have a higher life expectancy than the US too. Plus, a lot a negative US metrics are do to the black population, the bottom 80% of which do basically live in quasi-third world conditions. Leave out the blacks and Americans live noticeably better than Western Europeans, and have a better education system.

OP here. This I would say is one of the only exceptions. Though not like youd have the time to even enjoy your money and you still obviously are a slave to your desire to be validated or else why the hell would you want to be a doctor

True. But when you are over the hill and soon to be dead and did what everyone else did and what you were told you "should" do, sure you'll have loads of friends who love you, but only you will know that you could have been more. That you could have grown up and awakened the lion inside.

What im really saying is no need to justify yourself to anyone. including me (I'm OP). Just do you.

>slave to your desire to be validated

I have a scholarly interest in the human body more than anything.

I am in 30,000 dollars debt for a shitty 2 year degree I will never use... Feels really bad man. I hate the United States' education system.

I wonder if it has anything to do with America paying for those countries' defense.

Don't doctors have one of the highest rates of suicide? Enjoy working 70 hour weeks and never seeing your family for a couple decades. Enjoy the lawsuits filed against you when you inevitably fuck up a couple times.

Europeans buy quality at low cost because they make quality. But still, quality of life isn't quantity of money or quality of products/means, quality of life implies also social forces, micro-crimes, abuses, etc.

It is not as simple as being pleased by seeing your comfy republican's research chart, you need to learn other languages and live in other countries.
I did not personally realized it myself how shitty UK was, until I went there, and I have money to live comfortably, I can't imagine low-middle class.

I don't care. I wouldn't be happy doing literally anything else. It takes an obsessed person to become a doctor, and I'm definitely obsessed.

>Britain
>First world

Robots are going to be more than able to do most of your work (diagnosis, risk analysis of treatments and procedures, more precise surgery) and then what they'll need is biomedical engineers but not you.

High-quality service people and robot/computer-fixers are the only ones with potential career fulfillment in the future, you stupid fuck. Have fun being outdated by Wall-e by 35, he's probably going to be able to please your wife better too.

nope, that's dentists. I'm pretty sure doctors have one of the highest rates of work-satisfaction

OP here. fair enough man. See those are the types of people who should go to college. People who really are passionate about what they are doing and see that it is absolutely essential to get a degree to truly understand and be qualified for the subject.

That's why I wish high schools would spend more time helping you find out what you want to do instead of making you do like 8 different subjects at a time until you graduate knowing you wont ever need to know most of what you are studying and then have you go to college stilll not knowing for a year or two and then finally after enough indoctrination settling on a major because you think it'll pay well. And thats not even going into the fact that schools dont teach you how to manage money and just tell you that if you study hard and get good grades youll go to a good college and get a good job and be set for life (which is so outdated and inaccurate). God I could rant about school for so long. When im old and grey and successful (hears hoping) I want to dedicate some real time and effort into trying to raise awareness of the sordid state of education.

On a side note have you seen deadringers? You should check it out if you get the time. its great.

I agree with what you say about high school completely. And I do think that becoming something like a mechanic will serve a lot of people much better in life than falling for the college meme.

And no I haven't, thanks man.

>that massive increase from 2000 to 2008
so this is the power of the European Union

>niggers literally didn't get this basic joke
I'm disgusted.