What do you guys think of my prime rib?

What do you guys think of my prime rib?

Exquisite

Overcooked. Also unevenly cooked.

It's medium rare.

Thanks! I used Chef John's method and I think it was a success. Next time I'll heat up the plates though.

Some of it is

overcooked

it's a bit unevenly cooked, but medium to medium rare is best because it's so fatty imo
would eat /10

blue board

It looks pretty damn good, can we get a pic from above?

worse than mine

Looks dry as fuck and even more unevenly cooked that OP's

Sorry, didn't take a pic till after I started cutting it. Stupid, I know.

op's is better

Thanks! I was a bit nervous, as this was my first time cooking prime rib. That's an expensive cut of meat to mess up. Lol

What a shit looking roast. Did it come off a diseased starving Tibetan yak?

>i cut off the fatcap before cooking and my rib roast is dry af
At least you learned a lesson. Fat is life.

preview pic looked like a cat cut in half, but totally would

Undercooked, needs some sriracha mayo

I like mine a littllw more rare than that. Looks good though, would eat. I think you cooked at too high a temp. Try 225 next time. When the roast hits 125 or something take it out to rest. Then after 20 minutes throw it under the broiler with the door open for a few minutes to get some good chemical reactions on the cap.

Me — I just looked at the method and I was right. On closer inspection of the pictures it is confirmed that by getting the roast to temp using a 500 degree oven you have over cooked and thus nullified the delicacy of the highly marbled cap meat.

Try again.

Still would eat tho. im sure it was tasty as shit.

>prime rib
primerib is supposed to look like this.

A cow died for this

Do you always eat in darkness?

Reminds me of the turtle scene from Cannibal Holocaust.

Looks like a baboon autopsy

It should be pink throughout, not grey on the edges like in the pic. Think you just cooked it a little too long.

lovely

Grey-t

That's a terrible prime rib. Whoever created that abortion should be whipped.

I made two 10-lb prime rib roasts on Christmas. Sorry but I didn't take any pictures post cutting but one was unevenly medium and the other was unevenly medium-rare thanks to my parents shit electric oven. 1/2

This shouldn't be upside down

Fuck it, it's right-side up in my preview, fucking Gookmoot is flipping my pictures.

Only when I consume flesh.

If you squint it looks right.