Horror Depressing books

So I am looking for the book in the same genre as the game in pic related.

It needs to have a good, really depressing story but also some horror supernatural elements.

inb4 >>>>> /v/

Try anything written by Ligotti.

>
ligotti is shit. don't

I will give it a try thank you!

Can you elaborate on this?

Unfortunately I haven't found anything horror-related that is as beautiful and profound as this game.

Really? What books would you recommend that are at least similar?

Man, it is really painful to be a SH fan.

Read Conspiracy... by Ligotti, you'll try to commit suicide after it, trust me.

I'd try House of Leaves. It meets all your criteria, and is quite fascinating.

It's not Veeky Forums but if you're a Silent Hill fan you should absolutely watch Jacob's Ladder.
Don't ask, just watch it right now

Thank you that's the kind of book that I want!

Thank you. I will.

Never heard of this. Will check it out.

I was actually looking for a movie to watch. Thanks

If you're looking for another movie to watch, try Inland Empire

>Can you elaborate on this?

Not that user but ligotti is a bit of a love it or hate it author. A lot of his stories seem kind of incomplete or anticlimactic, or just pointless. That being said these traits work towards the point he's trying to make, to some extent. Also, if the horror isn't really getting to you, a lot of his stories might seem just dumb.

Kathe Koja's The Cipher.

I personally got nothing out of "Inland Empire", and I'm generally at least somewhat fond of Lynch's movies.

You're all so great thanks for the recommendations

You seem like a nice person user. It's rare to see someone so polite these days : )

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream

House of Leaves (already mentioned but very apt)

The Trial, I guess? Maybe sth Borges? Depends on what you get out of Silent Hill.

:)

Let me add the vidya I have no mouth ... to the list, point'n'click adventure games are generally hit or miss, but this one is really great

if you're looking for a movie try Kairo otherwise known as Pulse.

I haven't read the book, Odishon, but it's film adaptation was similar in its tone and plot, that of a widower in search of a lover, amid gloomy foreboding. It has nothing supernatural, but does have a surreal and melancholy atmosphere to it.

Guys thank you for the recommendations. I will read Conspiracy by Ligotti first and then House of Leaves. :)