/ AUTUMN COTTAGE READING GENERAL /

>At a cottage
>It's autumn
>Chilly out
>Nothing to do
>Fresh brewed coffee/tea

What are you reading Veeky Forums

Going to re-read the anatomy of melancholy in its entirety this fall

I don't have time to read a 1000 page book, what are some 200-300 page books I can read that are autumn related while at the cottage

I couldn't possibly understand what your pleb mind would enjoy, sorry.

Something light but still complicated and challenging, like harry potter or wuthering heights

i also like the movie pearl harbour

Read some of Chekhov and Tolstoy's short stories. Also, Stoner is perfect for the fall.

Rereading The Fellowship of the Ring. Yeah it's pleb but I'm a huge sucker for overly sentimental Merrie Olde England picturesque fantasies, stuff like the nostalgic sketches in Charles Dickens and Washington Irving. I understand why people hate it but it scratches an itch for me that I can't get anywhere else and goes nicely with the changing weather

This autumn I plan to read, at least:

Tender is the Night - Fitzgerald
Epiphany of the Long Sun - Wolfe
The Remains of the Day - Ishiguro

>Fellowship of the Ring
>pleb
How dare you? Perfect book for autumn reading but Tolkien's masterpiece does not deserve to be labelled pleb

watashi wa ganbare desu
dosou ohayou gozaimasu

I'm reading through the republic at the moment, so in a month or so when it cools the fuck down, probably be about halfway through I'm hoping.

I'm autistic and thereby see no differentiation between the season in regard to reading; however, my friend, I shall bade your inquiry into what's currently perused in the autumn evening: Stinky Steve by the illustrious PT Evans. Not recommended. A crude and cruel book.

History of Madness

you aint kiddin are ya

lmao what the fuck man

> complicated and challenging
> harry potter
> wuthering heights

You're no longer on Goodreads, user.

Just say you want comfy lit. People will know that means something gentle, enjoyable, atmospheric and probably not too long.

Watership Down, OP. It's beautiful. It's about 400 or so pages but you'll burn through it quickly enough. Well-researched novel about rabbits that uses that research to develop them into distinctive characters, with societal roles, vocabulary, belief systems, poetry, as well as dictatorships, conflicts between warrens and the importance of death. You may already know how it'll end from the movie, but I doubt you'll be emotionally prepared. Plus, its rural setting is perfect especially if you're in a cottage.

> tfw episode 16 when original Cooper is free and the last two episodes will no longer be The Dougie Show

I have waited ten years for this

Would you say The Magic Mountain is an Autumnal book?

I'm about halfwythrough it right now, and I'd say definetely. The themes of time slipping away in the monotony fits perfectly with falling leaves and autumn evenings

Case Interview Secrets by Victor Cheng... fuck job recruiting man

Finished Submission by Houellebecq right before this and it was a fucking great read
>tfw no Myriam in my life

I'm poor as hell, can you guys suggest some autumn books that I could get for cheap on amazon? Every book mentioned here goes for like $20+

>he didn't like Dougiekino

Man, there are these fantastic things called "used bookstores". Now, the books have already been read, which I know can be a concern, but aside from that they usually range $4-12 for good editions, and past that you can often haggle for a lower price. I know it's a novel idea, but I implore you to check one out.

I did, I loved it, user. But a little part of me throughout the series was hoping or expecting Dougie to eventually become Cooper once again and for Cooper to eventually return back to Twin Peaks.

what the fuck happened to audrey after her dance ended

was she a tulpa

My recent adds for autumn.

Also reading The Forsyte Saga

I'm reading my job because who the fuck has nothing to do in the middle of a weekday?

stay at home dads

oh good, then ill save it for a few weeks. wanna be comfy

>The themes of time slipping away in the monotony fits perfectly with falling leaves and autumn evenings
Same with the tartar steppe

Feels like mid to late November to me

B - bring
U - up
M - my
P - post

nieggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The republic is like 300 pages user. Even a careful reading shouldn't take that long

Petersburg and Crime & Punishment are great autumn novels

I am reading the anatomy of story.
Seems interesting how some stories are written. Now that I read a book or watch a movie understand a little bit more behind everything.