What do you Veeky Forums niggas think about BBC's new Pidgin service?

What do you Veeky Forums niggas think about BBC's new Pidgin service?

Other urls found in this thread:

pidginbible.org/Concindex.html
bbc.com/pidgin/world-41001834
bbc.com/pidgin/tori-40942731
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Beautiful

Jokes on you, I speak french so I understand half of the article.

Very stupid. Just encourages more retarded blacks or immigrants to come in and reap the benefits of the educated.

Fuck you if you disagree, too, liberal shits.

Just what I needed, would be even better if I could read

So does British taxpayer money go to this?

No British television license fees go to this

It's not just that black people are stupid, it's that black people WANT to be stupid. They don't want to improve themselves because they find the idea of improving themselves offensive. Why would you improve something that's already good enough?

They're simply happier living like illiterate monkeys who shoot each other for wearing the wrong color sneakers and struggle with complex things like language and mathematics. I think it's important that we recognize black people's desire to be total fucking retards and stop forcing expensive educations on them.

If you don't watch tv do you have to buy a license? I haven't watched tv since 2009.

You're correct, back in the day they used to be all about Frederick Douglas, Malcolm X and James Baldwin. But at a certain point they realized it wasn't the effort and are happy to be the subservient underclass. The BBC has the right idea in grooming them in this fashion

I prefer Hawaiian pidgin

The amount of Blacks that speak pidgin is miniscule compared to the number that speak English.

What's more concerning is that TV licensing money goes to pay for articles like this. Even more worrying is that TV licensing exists.

I think it's a neat idea. Pigdin is mostly spoken, rarely written. The BBC gets to be on the ground floor of a new language being formalized.

Anyone who thinks this is 'degenerate' has no credibility unless they also speak latin and old-english.

Kek. Is this not super insulting?

This is literally written as if its Queequeg or some other 100 year old depiction of a "savage" writing it

Pretty cool desu. Some of the headlines are funny though.
>Why Ghana dey launch satellite
>How Tanzania dey kill mosquito
>Why dem dey call Hurricane human being name?

>dem no support media player for your device
i question the accuracy of this translation

>>Why dem dey call Hurricane human being name?

why dem do tho me also want know

>struggle with complex things like language
You've proven you can't struggle with the complexity of language if you think Pidgin is any less "complex" than Standard English. You're a literal pleb who thinks they understand grammar and lexicology without having an inkling what linguistics entails. Leave this board, you dumbfuck. I expect this kind of mouth-breathing "hurrdurr black english bad" from FaceBook comments from middle-aged women.

This is why people dislike descriptivism, because of people like you who take it too far and equate barbarisms with educated usage.

middle-aged woman detected

what kind of pidgin is this?

Epic.

Nigerian-English, I think.

You done proofed dat you no kin fit wit dat complex talk if'n you say dat Pidgin no as complex as dat English.

Dem board dey no pleb home.

Ye juss convey with fastnis wut being said by me doe. Aint ye juss proving me poin'?

It's clear that what he meant by "complex things like language" was the effort required to learn to speak and write one's language in an educated manner. The fact that two things are both complex does not necessitate a value judgment that they are of equal worth.

Mebee dem words no convey good sarcasm bix nood

>to learn to speak and write one's language in an educated manner
He really be thinkin' that to be forced into speaking in Standard English is at all "educated" - that is, thoughtful or complex - instead of just social pressure to speak with some antiquated "rules" that were probably made up by some arbitrary power figure. A nationalised language or language found in literature is also highly inefficient and usually leads to linguistic problems.

You know, it's a real cultural loss that all those traditional weights and measured were replaced by the soulless metric system.

You're right, having a fairly standardized manner of communication that all literate people can understand and use to express thought to each other is really a bad idea. I mean, fuck rules, right? There is a difference between the pedantic, schoolmarm prescriptivism of a century ago, and the recognition of a common educated manner of communication. Your objection is simply political.

>he thinks I'm against mutual intelligibility
The problem is pidgin is a naturally occurring and mutually intelligible form of communication, and people are here whining about authenticity which is antiquated nonsense. If you want to have such a common manner of educated communication, we should all learn Esperanto.

>The problem is pidgin is a naturally occurring and mutually intelligible form of communication
The issue is elevating people out of their own regional dialect and allowing them to communicate clearly with the rest of their society. I don't have anything against said dialects, but people should be able to use and understand the educated form of the language as well.
>If you want to have such a common manner of educated communication, we should all learn Esperanto.
This is taking my position and stretching it to absurdity. We already possess a common form of educated communication within our society. There is no reason to learn another language entirely. The entire world is not my responsibility.

>jaro duo mille dek sep
>li ne parolas Esperanton

Do merdo, nigro, kion vi faras?

I agree; so I taught myself Imperial and use it solely.

It only takes 150 hours.

But there is absolutely no point in learning Esperanto.

This is the best thing to ever happen, I can't stop fucking laughing.

>they don't think it's useful to talk to some diplomats
pleb

If pidgin is mutually intelligible then why don't the pidgin speakers just read the fucking English articles instead of having BBC create some retarded pidgin writer/editor position to post articles that only get ridiculed for how stupid they are.

I'm sure that's what they were doing before the pidgin articles were made, user. I'm not BBC.
>For how stupid they are
How are they stupid? It's fairly strange to see people go on tangents like this. Are you opposed to all written forms of dialects? They're just appealing to a group that might find it more interesting to read in their own way of communication rather than a standardised English, which reeks of the colonial mentality and supremacy. These articles are far better written than your question ending in a full-stop.

>which reeks of the colonial mentality and supremacy
Can this fucking board get any worse? Jesus Christ.

No, I'm pretty sure they're stupid.

I'm waiting for you to learn Mandarin when the chinks take over, goy

I'm sure I won't need to once I explain to them why colonialism is wrong.

Still waiting for CNN Ebonics.

I can read pidgin just fine, they can't read standard English.

it offends me

>You've proven you can't struggle with the complexity of language if you think Pidgin is any less "complex" than Standard English
It is though. It literally is by design a more simple (i.e less complex) version of English. That is what a pidgin language is, it's inherently less complex than the mother language.

It's cut out some bad grammar rules and made it more intelligible for them. That's not making it some sort of degenerate language or something. How many languages do you speak, user?

I can see it happening when the boomers die out and CNN is literally only played on televisions in public places, many of them populated by passing blacks

Number 2 trending story on BBC Pidgen right now:

"Indian woman divorce husband because dem no get toilet"

I'm sure the chinks will publish English articles for the gweilo, lmao.

I'm not saying it's a "worse" language, I'm saying you're wrong in saying a pidgin language is just as complex as the language it's chiefly based on.

>bad grammar rules
user grammar rules are there so you can eloquently express what you want without needless repetition and writing slogs of filler. If you rewrote Moby Dick in Queequeg speak the book wouldn't carry the same amount of information if you kept the same page limit.

>bad grammar rules
Whoah, holy moral judgements, Batman. What happened to a language with fewer rules not being any worse than a language with more rules?
Also, why can't they understand the actual language instead of the pared-down version?

it makes everything sound better. like reading the hawaiian pidgin bible

DEYY Me butt laugh off

It's funny how you defend pidgin by shielding it from value judgment, but you make your own value judgment by calling various grammar rules of English "bad." It betrays your supposed neutrality for what it is really is.

"Some arbitrary power figure" wasn't enough of a tipoff?
Fuck rules and actually being able to communicate in an information-dense and aesthetically pleasing way maaan, it's all just made up, probably by some dead white guy!

Colonialism did this.

It sounds like this "language" my brother and I made up to entertain each other as kids.

Absolutely retarded. Hopefully more people won't pay for a license fee.

It sounds as if they're trying to communicate with cavemen

ooga booga whey deh white womenz at?

I said we're better off learning Esperanto than sticking with the fuckfest that is Standard English if we want to communicate in such a "high, dense" manner

>not jumping in on the pidgin translation game

SANG, gottis, da anger of Peleus' son Achilleus
and its deffustashyun, wich pud panes dousandfold upon da Achaians,
herreld in der multoods to da house of Hades strong souls
of hearos, but gave der bodies to be da dellycat feet sting
of dawgs, of all berds, and da wil of Zoos was uhcompleshed
sint dat time wen fird dere stood in deevishun of conflict
Atreus' son da lord of men and brillant Achilleus.

You aren't fooling anyone here.

I'd wanna see a Greek pidgin desu. I spose English has some of that aspect in it with its appropriated Greek words

>To piss and poopoo for open field dey common for villages for India
>The woman wey dey for her 20's don dey married to her husband for five years, but na for inside bush she dey poopoo.
>The lawyer for di woman tell AFP news agency say the judge say to dey make di woman poopoo for outside na one form of torture
BWAHAHAHAHA
>tfw stupid and immature

Huv are reely givun meself awaiy like dat, mon? Eye bettur been off den, ja!

How is this related to literature? Also pidgin isn't supposed to be used as a real written language, it's just supposed to be used to allow merchants and travellers from many different cultures to communicate with one another when necessary.

I saw the rum slip minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets ami dawn looking for wanpela tumbuna fix,

angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night,

who poverty karamapim tok tatters karamapim tok hollow-eyed karamapim tok high sat up smoking in the supernatural kapti of cold-water flats floating across the tops of cities contemplating jazz

KHE BERGA

Veeky Forums is now a pidgin board. Plis no post inglis

ngl it's a lot of fun to read out loud

Only if you own a TV.
They will come to your house and check if you own one and punish you if you have a TV but no license.

they are so silly, they could simply include its price to the price of the tv set, by putting a special tax on the sellers of them

pidginbible.org/Concindex.html

>Da time wen eryting had start, God wen make da sky an da world. 2Da world come so no mo notting inside, no mo shape notting. On top da wild ocean dat cova eryting, neva had light notting. Ony had God Spirit dea, moving aroun ova da watta.

You have to pay this monthly, it's not a one time fee.

>2Da world come

This seems strangely like the newspeak orwell described
>dey kill and malaria plenty well-well

iirc orwell was inspired by esperanto that he disliked

> this is entirely paid for by taxpayers
The absolute state of Britain

Oh well, it could be worse. In Canada the CBC is funded by general taxes, so you can't opt out even if you don't watch their shitty second rate tv programs or read their news (((which is heavily biased in favour of the Liberal Party)))

We iz shake spear naw mafuggah. Where da why bidchez ayt?

Jokes on you, I speak English and French (can't read it though) and I understood the entirety of it besides a few particles.
Pidgin is a perfectly valid dialect of English you idiot, it's not fucking ebonics. It's a creole language between French and English and which and whatever the creolizers spoke (Haitian?)
Analyze it, you'll see it follows a logical syntax the same way English does. I have no experience reading it, yet I had few struggled reading this short bit (doubtless, I would be clueless if they were to speak to me, though).

bbc.com/pidgin/world-41001834

>French people no still want make Mrs Macron collect any money from France to do any of her waka-waka.

>educated manner
Nice meme.
By the way, you aren't writing in an 'educated manner'.
>i get to judge the worth of two dialects of English
Fuck off twatbuggler, right cuntslab

Because English is a highly technical language? Pidgin could easily become technicalized through a hundred years or so of academic use.

bbc.com/pidgin/tori-40942731

>You dey reason how to chop sack letter from President Trump or you wan waka comot for President Trump job? This na some ways you fit do am sharp, sharp:

So is your objection, idiot. Standardization of language is a political stance.

They do. This is an attempt at recording the language.

>WAH COLONIALISM NEVER HAPPENED I CANT HEAR YOU

reminder that Anglo-Saxon began as a creole language, as was Middle English, and Modern English was an somewhat artificial creolization.
See how I use a 'z' in 'creolization'? That's because I speak, and write, a different dialect than you. Stupid burgerfatabeties.

>Dem board dey no pleb home

>To piss and poopoo for open field dey common for villages for India.
DESIGNATED
SHITTING
STREETS

To do so they would most likely just adopt our vocabulary. English has a fuckton of Latin words in it for this reason, notably in medicine and law.

>I speak French but can't read it

Impossible, this isn't Japanese. Unless by "speak French," you mean "I had French classes in middle school and learned how to ask to go to the bathroom."

>Because English is a highly technical language?

Relatively, yes absolutely.