GIVE ME YOUR BEST SCIENCE FICTION BOOKS PUBLISHED AFTER THE YEAR 2000

GIVE ME YOUR BEST SCIENCE FICTION BOOKS PUBLISHED AFTER THE YEAR 2000

Military science fiction with heavy science fiction and a realistic but fantastic scope.

Looks interesting at first glance. The man seems to have upset quite a few people with the politics of it. Might read this.

Mine look out for a book with "Firepunk" in the name gonna have to wait until 2020 at least though I got other shit to do first

The Vorrh.

>After the year 2000.

Not possible.

Three Body Problem

'Return to the Whorl'. You have to read the preceding ~3.5k pages of the Solar Cycle to appreciate it but it's a masterpiece.

I remember you. How did this thing turn out? I didn't despise the excerpt I read.

I'm and I've heard some extremely promising stuff about this one. I've heard that it's some of Wolfe's best ever work but at the same time it's denser than Latro and really hard to understand what the hell he's getting at. Does that sound right?

>it's denser than Latro
Ah shit... and i thought that it will be an easy read

*blocks your path*

I don't remember where exactly I read that, probably some user on Veeky Forums. For all I know it might not be so bad.

I didn't have high expectations. I think it's done okay. Maybe 500 downloads, which has dropped considerably, and is now maybe one a week. It's not converting many reviews, though. Which is what it really needs to draw any attention. So, it will probably sit in the middling rank on Amazon along with all the other self published stuff.

I'm okay with that. I'm more proud of myself for actually finishing something than anything else.

I have a couple post apoc stories, but what I think it really needed was more military scifi to catch the genre readers. I think among scifi readers that's what's selling.

Blindsight

Schild's Ladder

Anybody got the name of Gaskun's books? Would like to read.

These will absolutely blow your mind.

"tips fedora"

Space opera.

BLINDSIGHT

why do modern sci fi books have cheap cartoony glossy covers like this? Look like childrens books

>Look like childrens books
you answered your own question m8

DESU, I don't want pictures of the main characters on the cover. The book should describe them well enough that my imagination and minds eye creates them. That's just me tho.

>new york times ...
dropped

Try these. The middle one is so so, the prose gets a to be a bit too much sometimes but I enjoyed it. The other two focus on father/son relationships with scifi backgrounds.

forgot pic. They are not crazy space opera with ai gods and war ships, more grounded type of stories.

These have good father/son relationships in them too. Probably why the MC isn't a dipshit.

Flashback
Accelerando
Nice but nothing impressive

Wow, so edgy.

Kys

I'm actually repulsed by those covers.

>"I think he's better at this stuff than I am" --Literally Who

OP here, some nice suggestions so far.
Blindsight and the DeLillo book especially.

I'd like to add Altered Carbon as a suggestion myself. A fun little book.

Go back to your containment general faggot.

Hide the thread if you don't like it. Please be respectful.

No fuck off. There's a general for a reason.

Welcome to the chan, newfag.

Best answer right here

The Golden Age was better

This

Respect board culture nigger.

Found the RPO fan.