/DEENZ/ Thread

/DEENZ/ Thread

>when you crack open a fresh can

Can we please not imitate those retarded sip threads

Sounds like you need more deenz in your life, soyboy.

26g of protein for $1 bois

Do you guys eat this raw from the can or cook them? Also how much can I eat before I get mercury poisoning?

Dam bro where you get em for a buck?

Little fishes are low in mercury. So more that just about any other type of fish is how much you would have to eat before getting poisoned by mercury..

I usually eat them right out of the can with some salt. More recently I've been putting them on a piece of toast with chinese mustard.
They have a very neutral flavor and texture so you can put them in just about anything.

Chicken of the sea and Bumblebee are both $0.80 where I live

What kind of oil are they typically preserved in? I've been looking for cheap protein but I'm not much of a canned food guy.

What the fuck? Even the generics don't hit below 1 USD here, Chicken of the Sea is around 1.60 at minimum.

what are some easy recipes that I can cook with deenz?
I don't feel like eating them straight of the can fellas

>get deez on your 'za
>no one asks for a slice

I eat kippers but this is a real winner. Not cooking at all but preparing. Crush deens into “paste.” Mince a small onion. Stir it into deens paste with some sriracha (yah fuck you) or tasty mustard. (I haven’t tried both sriracha and mustard together yet.. considering it). I eat this with triscuits. Probably be real good with an over easy on top

Should I be getting these in salt or oil? What are some good ways to eat them?

Olive oil

So, you can get it in olive, soybean, canola, pretty much any oil.

Olive is the best, though.

Sounds like you need more soy in your life, /deenz/

What shithole do you live in?

Sardines in can are usually already cooked.

Also, these guys carry the lowest mercury content among all fish. Unless you're a preggo, go nuts.

Eh, I've been eating the olive oil ones for a while now, and as good as they are, I think I'll switch over to the tomato ones for some variety.

I love the deboned sardines. The only time I tried 'normal' sardines I accidentally peeled back it's spine and it broke into white flaky pieces. I felt barbaric and had to give it a proper funeral.

The bones are so soft though, they're perfectly edible.

>king oscar is over 3 bucks at my local safeway
what the fuck man

I just split em in half n tear the bones out
Just be sure to rub your fingers on stainless steel to get the smell off
Tomatos pretty good senpai im loving these siracha ones and hotsauce tins

>safeway
Oceania?

There's usually a few brands that are on special for $1-2 at Safeway/Woolworths.

I'm in the Houston area and I find them cheap as fuck at HEB

A FORCED

Fisherman's eggs.

Visited my local Asian grocery store yesterday and picked up a few cans of 555 fried sardines. Good shit.

My friends, cracked open a can of these today, very tasty.
Probably a new favourite of mine for an “out of the can” snack.
Would highly recommend.

Bollicks, I forgot to attach the image!

Also for those of you who are fans of all kinds of canned fish, please do try a can of their bonito, too.
Had one out of the can last night and was probably the best canned fish I’ve ever tasted.

I really wish my local supermarkets had better selection. I'd love to try stuff like this. Guess I could order it online.

shit boys, I just went to my local hmart and picked up a few cans of each of pic related. they're fucking fantastic on top of rice with a poached egg (and the sauce drizzled on top). I prefer the yellow can over the red can. I think the yellow is a soybean paste akin to a white miso, and the red can is a sweet soysauce type. 11/10, but expensive

That is what I do, all off the internet I order lots of varieties of different canned fish. Fish from Spain/Portugal are amongst my favourites.
If in UK look at website called “The Fish Society”, my friends, many types of canned fish to order that change also. But admittedly an expensive way to get your fish, maybe only this is for enthusiasts.

I buy the deenz in tomato sauce. I throw them in a pan, add chopped onions and jalapenos.

I was gifted a tin of yellowfin tuna filets in olive oil that were pure heaven. Wish I kept the packaging, but it was just cardboard with some red writing on it.
The fuckers melted in my mouth

I was fuggin this old bird a few years ago and she made this 'bowtie' pasta with sardines and it was one of the best things ever. I wish I bothered to find out how she made it but sometimes i dont like to know, like to keep it special and ruin the 'magic'.

I dont miss you, P you crazy old cunt but I do miss that pasta HHHHHHHHHHHNGGN.

Where the hell can you get sardines on your pizza? Anchovies are put on pizza, not sardines. I've never been to any pizza place that had sardines as a topping option

you can make a pretty good pasta sauce with them

Even at Walmart?

please continue, splendid shitposter.
i will be at your side, with deenz n pride.

Local place is around ten cents cheaper on most items. Still more expensive than it once was.

nothing goes together like deenz n soy.

I've never had these things.
Are the bones hard?
I'm absolutely terrified of fish bones being stuck in my throat.
Also could I just add them to other foods, if so what kind of stuff? Pizza?

The bones are really crumbly and not bone-like.They shouldn't get stuck in your throat.

You could incorporate them into dishes like pasta putanesca (replacing anchovies) or have them on toast or crackers with mustard or hot sauce. Mostly I like to eat them out of the can though.

checked
also would the amount of protein and fat in these things be bad for me if i wanted to eat them maybe twice a day for a good month?

would you recommend them on [spoiler]ramen?

I remember my bodybuillding buddy used to post up eating a sardine sandwich. It was the stickiest thing ever. How people stomach them is beyond me

anyone else like to stick their deenz in the freezer for a while to give them that extra crunch?

You're a fucking madman, Fully cunted

My local supermarket has a lacking 'deenz selection. They have decent brands like King Oscar and Season, but not many varieties of them, so i'm always eating them in olive oil. Jelly of anons having 'deenz with mustard, hot sauce, jalapeños, etc...

Can i throw a whole, open can under a broiler? Like in my toaster oven?

Sure.You will never forget the DEENZ again.

Ever.

i fuckin get a cup, fill it with hot water, let that shit sit there, Oh yes. Crack open a fresh, clean, crisp tin of deenz. Only a small amount, put the tin on that cup of hot water, let the steam hit the team and gently aromatise the room. I get my silk pyjama bottoms on, comfy af, a perhaps an old hoodie from my college days, Deenz aint a sexy life. Oh. Microwave on, 4:30. Nothing inside, i like the sound. throw away the hot water deenz, boil the kettle, deenz tea. Oh yum. Milk + deenz = after school treat for a clever boy. Marshmallow Deenz. yum yum, got a promotion. Hot denz and warm lettuce leaf. Sex. Living the Deenz dream here boyz

>being this carb heavy

These threads inspired me to pick up a couple tins of pic related. I'll probably have them for lunch tomorrow on some toast or crackers. I hope I like them because I want to be in the cool kids club.

welcome brother

What are some foods you dislike?

Uhh the first thing that came to mind was egg salad. So I'm going with egg salad. I'm not too picky, even with foods I don't particularly care for I can find some way to prepare them that I like. But fuck egg salad.

Good god, person dont get your hopes up. Its just tinned fish. But Its one of those hearty "ill have a tasty snack right now" things. Like a familiar piece of clothing or song. Its not going to suck your dick. Its just very nice.

What's the stance on smoked oysters?

I love these threads because I love sardines but always run out of ideas of what to do with them.

If it ain't portuguese, it must taste like ox cheese. Long live to Portugal.

Put two of them up your ass.

My local stores don't even carry King Oscar.

I do like pic related brand.

Pretty kino

/white anchovies/ we out here

Found what looks like a date pit in a sardine just now. Is it an organ?

You have to eat your deenz with olive oil and lemon or with mustard for the rest of your life. What path do you choose?

Now this is my kind if thread!

I normally hold out for the wild caught stuff from Costco. Usually around $10 for 5 tins.

Olive oil, can't stand the mustard or tomato ones

dude i fuckin read that as "stick your dick in deenz" and thought it was a shitpost. christ.

Olive oil for sure.

Enjoy dying of arsenic poisoning

Mah niggah, those are my goto no doubt. Pisses me off, even at WF I can't find smoked oysters that aren't from fucking china and I used to love those things before I realized the chinks poison food worse than we do in ameritardistan. I've been experimenting on my smoker at home to try to get a reasonable approximation but I haven't hit it yet. If I do, I might do an OC.

Is there a good "starter can?" It's been nearly 30 years since I've had sardines.

Can't go wrong with King Oscar. I think the ones with jalapeno are best

I started with the King Oscar Mediterranean. Any King Oscar is good.

My haul from the store

Thanks. Eat the bones, heads, and everything?

I just bought my first can of sardines ever thanks to these threads. What am I in for? Are the bones edible?

What brand hitler?

Eat it all ya deen virgins

Yeah man just fuckin chow down. Eat em with crackers or something if that gets your dick hard

Most don't have heads attached anyway, and bones get cooked and soft so they're not an issue at all, just extra calcium

>not eating sardine paté

pfffggghhsss

Shit y'all I picked up some deenz on my grocery run this week and these tasty little nuggets of joy are making my week so much better. Thanks, lads.

dont eat a lot of deenz these days but ive loved dem since iwas a lil boi
pic related is real good

Brunswick Jalapeno

Got home from work and had King Oscar Boneless Skinless in Olive Oil topped with sliced red onion on rye crispbread with a hearty spreading of cream cheese for dinner. Capped the night with fifteen minutes on the eliptical while watching Better Late Than Never. Pretty good night.

i have no idea and that would turn me off from ever buying that brand again, take a pic next to the can with that thing and email them threatening to sue and get some $$$, looks like some organ, possibly a skull? Honestly looks like a human fetus jesus christ, are you trolling us deenzers?

>how to never get a girlfriend.jpg

I went out and bought two tins today because of this thread. Never had canned fish before, I got King Oscars and Wild Planet in olive oil. Might try replacing my pre-lunch snack (bacon) with a tin tomorrow

I guess. Not sure I'd want a woman so shallow. If I ever want to reproduce I'll just snag a fatty.

you are like little babies

Umami: The post

Thank you, user.

The other night, I made some fucking delicious pasta with sardines, capers, lemon, red pepper flakes, olive oil, garlic, toasted breadcrumbs, and parsley. Epic use of sardines.