Sauce

Every salsa on the shelf is some kind of pineapple-habanero-artichoke heart bullshit. Why is a company based in Texas the only one who can make a quality salsa these days? Even the regular Mrs. Renfro's salsa isn't on the shelf. Just some mango and & bullshit salsas that probably make you instantly gay if you eat them. Where has all the salsa gone? Are you people buying the pickled-tangerine-roasted garlic-chipotle bullshit? Stop that.

>Every salsa on the shelf is some kind of pineapple-habanero-artichoke heart bullshit.

Hasn't been my experience, hombre.

Try Sadie’s, it should be in a purple jar with some orange and yellow sunset colors on it. Pretty dang good.

They actually have that one here. Thanks for the tip. You think it's better than Pace though? This is pretty good.

I like it much better give it a shot

salsa's easy to make yourself.

That’s not salsa, it’s picante sauce. Picante sauce is used for cooking. Salsa is eaten out of the jar just as it is.

I literally just got some of this and told a friend how much I hate it. It's just watery garbage.

The Trader Joe's normal name brand salsa is way better.

I like pic.

Who the fuck buys salsa? I can understand buying hot sauce, because making your own takes time, and store bought is usually better. But store bought salsa is never good. If you lazy niggers need a salsa recipe, just ask. Don’t settle for that bullshit.

Ok I’ll bite, post the recipe!

these all taste the same anyway, its just spicy tomato chunk juice with bits and pieces of flavorless stuff for filler. guac and queso are the superior dips.

>water
It's sauce. It has vinegar in it too. Sounds like you want pico de gallo though. Good stuff.

Sure let's have it. Let me guess, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and garlic? Maybe some kind of pepper?

I prefer my salsa really spicy, so I use arbol peppers in mine. Feel free to use any pepper you want as a base though.

>(arbol) peppers
>olive oil
>onions
>one can of tomato sauce (preferably spicy tomato sauce. I use El Pato.)
>salt
>chicken or tomato bouillon (not necessary but it helps)

Brown the arbol peppers and diced onions in the olive oil. Use a generous amount of olive oil. Use low to medium heat, as the smoke can burn your eyes and throat. Once browned, stir in the can of tomato sauce, salt and bouillon. Let simmer for a bit. Then, add the concoction to a blender with a bit of water. Blend the shit out of it and add water until you get the right consistency. Less water for a thick paste, more water for restaurant style salsa. That’s it.

Now that you mention it, yeah, add garlic. Fry it with the olive oil and peppers.

>olive oil

If you’re a nigger, you’re allowed to use canola. Other than that, stick to respectable olive oil.

Olive oil seems like a nice twist actually. I only get quality olive oil.

Haha that's disgusting. I can't imagine some nog making salsa. If they are that sophisticated through European admixture then they would probably go for quality.

sounds pretty white. Quality recipe coming through:

>5parts tomatoes
>4parts jalapenos
>1part garlic

>blanch and peel/core tomatoes, dice peppers, peel garlic
>throw it all in a blender and mix it together
>add salt to taste, and cook down on the stove until it's the consistency you want

At this point, I usually can it, but you can use it fresh.

>Add jar to bowl
>add fresh diced tomatoes, sweet onion, and cilantro

That's it. Never buy salsa from the store again.

>hey gise don’t buy salsa when you can make it from scratch
>uses canned tomatoes

Why are you putting oil in it? Why olive oil of all things?

It helps with the taste and texture. It’s how we’ve always done it, and how we do it at our restaurant in Mexico.