Hey guys, rate my meal

Hey guys, rate my meal

You're a faggot / 10

you must be delusional if you dont think that looks professionally made.
You're a retard if you dont.

you're a homo/10

Looks disgusting

Seriously the fact you're doubling down here, and acting like you aren't just some troll hating on me is really concerning.
if you dont think that looks good, and if you aren't being a troll and ironic, then you dont deserve eyes.

Looks amazing. You should probably post something newer though.

Dubs of truth

You don't understand what risotto is in the first place. its not regular rice, and it isn't cooked in the regular method.

You'd probably assume it's undercooked if you tasted it, because the rice grain is intended to be much firmer in this dish.
so despite it's runny and gooey appearance the rice grain is firm.

If this isn't the most obvious sign of reddit, I don't know what is.

Whatever. Have fun with your dogfood on rice

I can’t believe how much of a faggot you are. It does look like shit. Whatever your meat is, it’s fucking lopsided and uneven. I can’t tell if it’s a terribly cut tenderloin or a piss-poor meatball. The sauce is messily running down the rice, your garnish looks like you chewed up broccoli and spit it out. It’s fine if you’re trying to make a romantic meal for your 14 year old girlfriend, but a Salisbury steak over porridge rice isn’t something to be proud of.

you couldn't make anything as good if you tried buddy.

it tastes completely different than rice and gravy with beef.

the flavor is driven by chicken stock, tomato paste, and red wine, so its more like a gravy and a marinara sauce combined.

Stole it from cookbros cook a longs.
whats your endgame faggot?
Also osso bucco is really fucking easy, gremolata too. the risotto needs work.

nothing is more obvious than disingenuous criticism.
You've all been negative and tried to tear me down from the start. but I thrive off it.
what is wrong with the risotto?
you should explain so i can explain how you're wrong.

You asked us to rate your food. We rated it. We unanimously think it looks like shit. If you cannot accept criticism, don’t ask for other people’s opinions.

faggot

For me it's the risotto, the best big boy dish to cook.

looks a little too dense. Like it would stick to the plate if you turn it upside down, that kinda thing.

But anyways I used to be the bimbo who had to make risotto to order, i wasnte ven allowed to pre cook it and just reheat it in a pan with some stock and lemon juice.
Fucking risotto from scratch to order while doing other shit. I always got the boot when the risotto had set too much and got dense, it often look like your pic.
Happens when you stir too hard and break up too much of the grain.

Looks very nice, but where's the osso with the buco?????
If you don't eat midollo inside the osso you're pretty fag

i dont believe in phony criticism.
its fake.
how can you seriously expect me to believe that, when i've had professionals tell me it looks delicious?

this entire thread was to try and stop me from cooking, but you can't. Because im too mentally strong to quit in the face of negativity.
It was actually all'onda. I don't know why it looks dense to you. you might actually like your risotto to be wetter than it normally should be.

it should flow like lava not like water.

Just say the normal words for it you pretentious italo fag :X

But youre correct, the marrow is the best part. I tend to get it out of the bone and incorporate into the sauce.

the buco is hard to see as it's covered in sauce.
would you say this is also too dense?

Share pics of something else you've made that isn't just saucy rice.

Way too dense

Those professionals were being nice to you. We tell you it looks like shit because we don’t care about your feelings.

Do you want to know the difference? When you are told it looks delicious, you will never try to improve. It looks fine for an untrained home cook who has made this two or three times, but no professional would ever allow it to be served to a paying customer. At least when we tell you it looks like shit, which it honestly does, you might try to improve.

It’s too bad we already know you will never try to improve due to your delusions of grandeur...

Not really but thing is, I fucking hate risotto anyways. I love rice but risotto rice is my cryptonite, i hate the texture.
That meat looks orgasmic tho.
Well yeah but the risotto in your pic looks like it has set way too much and has turned from lava to playdo.

thats were you and me fundamentally disagree.
i think risotto should be dense enough to sit on a fork, but loose enough to spread throughout the bottom of a plate if shaken.
It shouldn't clump, but it shouldn't be watery
>like pic related

if you dont understand what the consistency of risotto should be, i dont expect you to understand that i made it perfectly.

All right then, using marrow for the sauce is what i wanted to hear, 10/10 user. Set another place to the table ;-)

hubris is not a good ingredient to cook with m8

What a mess.

so phony.
why would a professional i dont even know irl, be nice to me?
I've improved tenfold off your negativity alone.
looks can be deceiving then. it wouldn't have had time to set too much.
and if you dont like risotto why would you know so much about the proper consistency?

so phony it's unbelievable.

Keep telling yourself what you want to hear...

You have lots of learning to do.

why won't you do this

OP is a faggot

OP is a faggot

This is the only person currently in the thread who has given a shred of genuine criticismAlbeit subjective.

The rest of you are trolls as far as im concerned. if you can't explain what im doing wrong. Then I dont take your posts seriously.

you have a lot of explaining to do.
because i have a limited amount of recipes i know. and my favorite things to cook involve a starch.
FFS the next thing on my list to learn is Gumbo.

I learn my favorite kinds of dishes first.

That's the other dish you always post. Give us something new.

You need to work on your herb chopping skills.

It's the only dish I know

But anyways I used to be the bimbo who had to make risotto to order, i wasnte ven allowed to pre cook it and just reheat it in a pan with some stock and lemon juice.
Fucking risotto from scratch to order while doing other shit. I always got the boot when the risotto had set too much and got dense, it often look like your pic.
Happens when you stir too hard and break up too much of the grain.
Because of this. Im one of the few actual trained chefs on this board.
Not op but ty.

And you always cook it exactly the same, which is why it looks consistently awful.

learn more then. what is the issue here?

I made this today, but as a snack.
>spicy linguica sausage
>2 slightly runny eggs
>avocado
>prosciutto
>american cheese on a bagel
next time im going to switch around the order i think
cheese works better on top and i could have smeared the avocado better
I rushed the parsley i will admit.
i think i could have done that aspect of the plating better
that isn't me. i guess i'll adopt a trip

>looks can be deceiving
And yet here you are touting the quality of prepared food by how it looks

both halves look sad :(
why is that sammie so sad :(

I don't have the necessary cognitive capacity to know more than one dish

fair play but it did taste amazing too.
what you're saying sort of implies that you think it looks good, and that 90% of the thread is full of shit. which is what i expect

Don’t adopt a trip you fucking faggot. Your food looks like shit, and it looks the same in every fucking pic because someone once told you it was good in the hopes you would continue to cook and constantly improve, but instead you took it as being told that it’s the best there is so never change. Improve your cooking you worthless sack of shit! I fucking hate you! People like you are the fucking worst!

This. Make more things. Learn more things. Stop being a bitch.

still cant explain why my cooking looks like shit.
then i simply dont believe you buddy.
I know it looks professionally made.

but here's an example of me fucking up a dish. The risotto was far too wet in this dish.

>sort of implies
Not implying one way or the other, but you post pic after pic then brush off criticism based on look when that's all you can judge it by, and what you have been using as basis for judging. So do we get to dissect the pic you post a million times or don't we?

give genuine criticism. if you dont think i'll be making more things you're a fucking idiot.
needless to say the lamb was braised perfectly.

i just dont take people saying my food looks shitty seriously, when i know it looks professionally made and professionally plated.
if they think that looks like a shitty osso buco, it makes me wonder what they think a good one looks like.
Because that looks like it was made by a professional.

Do they think this looks shitty? This is why i cant take their opinions seriously.

You guys are absolutely savage. OP your food looks delicious.

this looks so good omg... want to taste that meat

lol
keep tripping, it makes the neckbeards angry that someone did something that wasn't microwaved hot pockets photographed next to a gun and cheap beer

thank you, the thing is i'm not actually the OP.
Somebody reposted my food, pretended to be me just so he could have people mock me.

This is the type of hate i deal with, and it's baffling because i know my food doesn't look horrible or taste bad.

>give genuine criticism
no, i'm not interested in giving any criticism at all of your food because i don't know how to make risotto, i've never tried, i never will, i don't like risotto, so i have nothing to speak on.
i just want to see you make things that aren't fucking rice and sauce. you say you will and i'm sure you will. so do it. don't stop cooking user. but stop being as arrogant.

i make sandwiches sometimes.
i currently lack an oven which prevents me from creating a lot of roasts i'd like to make.

I've made shitty risottos before. I've made terribly plated food.
>pic related
So for you guys to say my best work is shitty, it just seems facetious

I think I figured it out. You have an autistic focus on the appearance of food. How it looks (and how professional it looks) takes priority over everything else. I say this because in almost every post you bring up how it looks professionally made, people think it looks like shit, it looks, does this look, looks, looks, looks.
You don't need to reply to this about how appearance and presentation are key and of the utmost importance, I get that, I agree. I'm just identifying something here. You're obsessed with the appearance of your cooking. You haven't posted anything about cooking technique, no in-progress pics... it's just the final presentation that you care about, that's it.

fucking god damn it's that pic again. do you have more than these, what, 6 pics? 7 maybe?

i dont like taking that many photos to make a cookalong thread.
if people ask me what my technique is I'll explain.

I've had my food insulted for months so why wouldn't i be obsessed with how it looks.

It's just that it seems to be the only focus. You're constantly talking about how it looks.

>give genuine criticism.
Make anything that isnt on a risotto base

You backed down from a precious criticism, saying that "looks can be deceiving." If someone who by your standards knows how to professionally plate and make such a dish can say that looks can be deceiving here, others can say the same. To say otherwise is hypocritical.

thats literally all u guys can judge it off of.
and im not going to go into monotonous details about the preparation of risotto unless im asked to.
his criticism was very subjective, the wetness you make risotto varies wildly from chef to chef.
This is how gordon ramsay likes his risotto to be prepared btw.
>pic related. from one of his restaurants
So his criticism on consistency is really so subjective. and the thing is.
HE'S WRONG.
My risotto wasn't clumped enough to stick to the plate. infact it was loose enough to spread evenly throughout the plate after gently shaken.

i've made pistachio pesto linguine before.

It's almost like we have no way of knowing enough to judge if you're full of shit or not because looks can be deceiving and all you give us is looks.

cool more risotto posts. it's not like several anons have been asking about things that aren't wet rice.

expand your library user. learn other things. stop making risotto for a month.

and get new pics ffs, i've seen all these too many times.

make new food you fucking twat

Good job, now do more of that shit and stop complaining when everybody tells you your dishes suck because you're posting the same base with a different chunk of meat on top.
We're telling you you're uninspired.

will be learning gumbo this month. it's stew on rice.
Deal with it faggot.
me doing the same thing over and over again doesnt make my dish suck though

No, but nobody wants you to post them 30 times in a row. I make a lot of food with simple pasta as a base but I don't take pictures of it and then claim I'm some kind of genius, nobody gives a shit that I slapped down different cuts of meat with different sauce on top 58 times.

I'm dealing with it faggot. How are you dealing with all these anons telling you to give up on your dreams and stop cooking? Oh right, that's not happening so it's not a problem. Also what the fuck does "learning gumbo this month" mean? Are you going to a workshop for gumbo or some shit? Waiting on a youtuber to upload their video of it? What's the deal?

i never claimed im a genius i just believe im better than the majority of my critics.

If you think this is professionaly plated you really are out of control

i bet you like some artsy bullshit plating where the food no longer resembles food.
fuck off.
im going to be making a gumbo this month, thats all it means dumbo

Will you be posting recipe and progress and final and review?

>i just believe im better than the majority of my critics.
I honestly don't normally say this because 80% of Veeky Forums can't cook, but no. You're probably not. You're as it stands a one-trick pony plating everything on top of risotto.

why the fuck should i post that much for my first attempt at a gumbo?

You put risotto in a dish and a piece of meat on top. Thats not professional, thats nothing
Accept it and try to improve if you want to say you plate professionaly, otherwise dont say it

>asking for rates
>being buttmad after getting rates
Fucking kill yourself faggot/10

Is OP a high functioning autist?

>Sir there's some rice in my oil soup!

because it's a learning adventure that anons can take part in and you could benefit from, if you want. you and anons can ask and answer questions or just learn.

there's nothing wrong with being a one-trick pony when your trick is better than they entire act
i never asked for rates, i had someone reupload my food and make this thread pretending to be me.
thats as professional as it needs to be. again you probably like heston blumenthal-tier bs plating.
i want my food to look down to earth but still elegant

Thats simply not professional plating, end of it, you cant just say all people better than you are doing unecessary things and think everyone will be "allright"

It looks good user. Haters gon hate. Looks close to a restaurant plate. Well done from at home.

yeah they do when i dont dedicate threads about it, and when i havent already posted the dish 20 FUCKING TIMES

people were very positive the first time they saw this. I gave you genuine reasons why i wouldn't make this thread. and you did it anyway.
show me a professionally plated osso buco or risotto pls.

plating just looks weird desusenpai

captcha embutidos cedar

its probably because of the shape of the arancini. i agree though.

Or

>when i havent already posted the dish 20 FUCKING TIMES
>people were very positive the first time they saw this.
Stop posting those dishes then. Every image of yours in this thread: do not post them again. Take new images. Have a cook along thread about your gumbo soon. I'm unironically interested in that, if you'd do it.

also ur risotto plating looks a bit off also
maybe change the plate? a blue shade of plate that isnt 2 bright would look nice here i think

this is exactly the type of bullshit i dislike.
Do you realize how much less appetizing that looks?

Also wtf is with the risotto. a properly cooked risotto shouldn't even be able to be molded like that unless it's risotto al salto, the meat doesn't even look like a full cut of meat. it honestly looks like it's been shredded and placed around the bone.

This is pretentious, and thats the reason i dont want to plate like that. I feel like it actually makes the food look less appetizing. The first thing you should think of when you see a plate of food, is "Holy fuck that looks delicious", not "that's a beautiful piece of art"
same thing with the risotto here. risotto shouldn't be this clumpy to be able to do this.
i'm also disappointed by the lack of sauce for the osso buco. I don't mind the rosemary much.

this just looks less appetizing to me. So why would i bother plating it like that?

>pic related is a much better plating imo
look how simple that is. food doesn't need to be artistic in order to be presentable. This is so simple and it gets the point across perfectly.

You aim for phony pretentious looking food, which lacks subtle elegance
thanks because at least the professionally plated stuff you have still looks appetizing

>"Holy fuck that looks delicious", not "that's a beautiful piece of art"
Why one and not both?