Calling All Vegans

When eating anything other than what you yourself have prepared, how concerned are you with the possibility of cross-contamination?

Does it worry you enough to stop you from eating out/getting food delivered more often, or even altogether?

Are there any establishments that you completely trust with handling your food?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BdhTWLhj78j/
vegparadise.com/news122.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Cross contamination

If the point is ethics, it's not really an ethical onus on you if your food somehow brushes non vegan food, unless you're explicitly supporting a company that also makes non vegan food

If it's health, you aren't gonna get fats or salts or whatever. It's not like allergins.

>Are there any establishments that you completely trust with handling your food?

Of course! God bless 'Merica & God bless Monsanto!

>how concerned are you with the possibility of cross-contamination?

Not at all. It's not like it's a religion and I'll become ritualistically impure if I imbibe of some trace amount of an animal product. Change is made by getting a black bean burger instead of a beef burger, not autistically sperging out over whether the buns contain bone-char-processed sugar or they used a different pizza cutter.

That said, I've had some pretty bad screw-ups (e.g., order a vegan pizza from a place that has nondairy cheese and advertises that they have vegan pizza, pizza arrives with nondairy cheese and covered in sausage). Those I don't eat because my asshole would erupt like Pompei.

go back to your discord you fucking hervivore subhuman

>how concerned are you with the possibility of cross-contamination?

Don't believe the fake news!

There is no such thing as cross contamination.

All Monsanto Organic Certified(tm) foods are 1000% safe to eat!

I'm an omnivore, man, what the fuck.

No

Vegans don’t actually care that much. Over 99.9% of vegans aren’t even vegans. A vegan uses no animal products in anything. Do you realize how nearly impossible that is?

When I was I didn't worry at all. If it happened it happened, as long as there wasn't a giant chunk of chicken or something in my meal I just appreciated the attempt to cater to a small minority of people

>A vegan uses no animal products in anything

"Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose."

It's not as if absolute purity in all things is required to agree with that premise, which is the actual definition of Veganism.

Then why can’t they use a knife or pan that has been used to previously prepare animal products? Also like you said, they do as much as possible, which most vegans don’t. They use many things with animal products that they do not need to use, but they like the convenience or style or look or whatever the fuck it is they like depending on if it’s a cosmetic, clothing, or something to do with transportation.

They make a huge deal out of all the things they use without animal products, but they never seem to mention the times they use them. Its

>Then why can’t they use a knife or pan that has been used to previously prepare animal products

They can, see: There are spergs, of course, like with anything.

>hey use many things with animal products that they do not need to use, but they like the convenience or style or look or whatever the fuck it is they like depending on if it’s a cosmetic, clothing, or something to do with transportation.

"as far as possible and practicable"

Meat and dairy are the greatest contributors to animal ag, so boycotting those is most important. Avoiding buying leather and fur, wherever possible, are also important. Generally, anyone who has been an ethical vegan for a long time realizes they can't have total control over everything, without going the full Jain and sweeping where they step to avoid stepping on bugs.

Stop trying to analyze veganism.

It is simply a masturbatory exercise in vanity and self importance.

I know. You’re just better at explaining my feelings than I am.

Only went vegan for ethics. I don't care so much if they use the same wok for house special and vegetable mei fun.

Anecdotally, a guy I know went vegan for the Instagram likes

I went vegan to cure my cardiovascular ED. It worked, my dick functions again. On the other hand, now I have manboobs. But as long as my GF's are bigger and my junk works, I don't really care.

This thread legit doesn't reflect the beliefs of the vegans I know irl. The majority won't even entertain the idea of visiting a restaurant that isn't exclusively vegan.

The real question is how serious are food workers about keeping cross contamination to a minimum. I don't think most care but, and I say this as a primarily carnivore, I do hope I'm wrong.

For the most part...im sure there are exceptions...most cooks care only enough to keep someone from getting sick in the dining room. That means we recognize and make a genuine effort to avoid issues with nuts and seafood.

Beyond that...few give a shit and will assemble your vegan blackbean burger in exactly the same spot they just sliced a cooked duck breast or had a bubbling mess with french onion soup, giving little more considerstion than a cursory wipe with their highly contaminated side towel.
Some cooks are also unfamiliar with what they are serving. By that i mean it is quit common for a server to ask... "is there any meat in the rice..." and the line cook who didnt actually prepare it to says "no" without realizing the prep cook used chicken stock. Some oldtimers dont even consider stock "meat".

So... if you are eating in restaurants not exclusively vegan...you are eating animal parts and juices.

>The majority won't even entertain the idea of visiting a restaurant that isn't exclusively vegan.

I only eat at vegan restaurants. or maybe Taco Bell if I'm desperate. If I'm travelling, I basically live off of gas station mixed nuts and V8.

>vegan
>v8
Um...

V8 is vegan. They have stated multiple times that the ingredients, including flavoring, are all plant-based. There was some confusion about whether it was vegetarian or vegan, but that's probably because there's actually a Vegan Society and regulated Vegan label and it's a bit involved to get certified.

This thread cracks me up.

Same artist?

>it's impossible to be completely ethical!
>better not try to be any degree of ethical at all!

>being this smug and cucked that even if your food grazes a non-vegans food it is blasphemy.
And vegans wonder why they are universally hated.

I bake and sell vegan cakes
The margarine I use has cow's milk in it
Fuck those touchy faggots

I think it has more to do with how ethically superior vegans often pretend to be.

Its not about not striving to be ethical, the point is that people should be capable of grasping the concept of "I can't live a truly ethical/ cruelty-free life" before they start talking about having a truly ethical/ cruelty-free life.
Its repugnant to see people do, like spending money on noseplugs, then bragging about how your shit doesn't stink.

Why do triggered faggots always end every single sentence with an exclamation point?

this isn't a vegan issue, it's a "I've finally figured everything out" issue, which is to say, it's a young adult issue
>everyone is stupid except me

You are despicable

Yeah um....no.

I don't worry about it.

It's not particularly important to the goal of creating a vegan world

discord
.gg/MV5HWsk

If I die, I die.

Fixed.

instagram.com/p/BdhTWLhj78j/

umad?

About what?

being a skinny faggot

As a vegetarian I don't care much. It's about harm reduction, not hardline rejection of something that's natural to us. I will eat meat if people are throwing it out because I'd rather it be utilized than wasted.

I'm vegetarian at home, but sometimes the calories aren't cheap enough when I'm out. No point in staying on a diet that can't sustain me.

Honestly, if he made no changes to his diet and just started going to the gym this is pretty much standard results.

What do they contain that isn't plant-based?

Hint: answer is nothing

vegparadise.com/news122.html
Did a quick look up and it seems like any confusion is stemming from autism. V8's repeated claims that it is vegan should be more than enough to assuage any guilt you might feel as far as I'm concerned. But then again, I'm one of those people that consider a restaurant's claims to be vegan enough despite the risk of cross-contamination. It's not about not letting animal products touch you, it's about doing what you can to minimize suffering and resource use.

> it's about doing what you can to minimize suffering and resource use.

By getting so autistic about fucking vegetable juice that everyone that isn't vegan looks at us like we're retarded?

Did you... not read my post? I specifically said that their claims that it's vegan are more than enough and called the 'confusion' autistic.

I'm not concerned at all. I cook regular meals and either withhold the meat from my plate or If it's In a soup/sauce I just eat around it. It's not a big deal to me. The rest of my family likes meat. They are more important to me than my diet preferences. If my friends cook something it's the same thing. I just eat around any meat that's there

A breath of fresh air. My sister refuses to even walk into our local steakhouse bar for a drink.

I'd rather not have cross contamination but I've eaten meat for 20 years so I don't really give a shit

That's ridiculous

>Stop trying to analyze veganism.
>It is simply a masturbatory exercise in vanity and self importance.

This. We call it veganism and Anemia the "white liberals" disease.

Why are 'Mericans so fucking UN-SELF-AWARE?

Get fucked, soy boy

die vegans die

While I myself am not a vegan, I appreciate your maturity and respect for the dietary choices of others, user.

Most of the vegans I know are black though

How many vegans have you actually met in real life that constantly talk about how vegan they are? Now think about how many vegans you might know that never bring it up. This whole "always going on about being ethically superior" vegan is mainly an internet construct.

Not true. There were vegans in the time before internet and i assure you...if a vegan ever attended an event where food was served...receptions, funerals, bake sales, tailgate parties...you KNEW who the vegan was because they made a point of telling EVERYONE in the room. I think now with smartphones, social media, and just a larger sense of acceptance(or disgust), most vegans have other ways to both seek out like-minded people and spread their gospel. Many also see how annoying other vegans can be...the stereotype exists for a reason.

>the stereotype exists for a reason

Yes, due to the resentment and envy that those who willingly shovel the rotting flesh from decaying carcasses into their mouths feel towards their more enlightened brethren.

>if a vegan ever attended an event where food was served...receptions, funerals, bake sales, tailgate parties...you KNEW who the vegan was because they made a point of telling EVERYONE in the room.
I mean, if you've got any kind of dietary restriction (including, like, religious ones or allergies or whatever), it is kind of practically necessary to mention it when food is being served to check which foods don't have the stuff you can't/won't eat. Are you sure you aren't exaggerating about this?

> 4 year vegan
this guy is a 35 to life vegan. Look how he went crazy at xmas.

Genuine question to the vegans not bothered about cc. When cooking for others, do you use non-vegan ingredients and if so, do you taste the food as you're cooking it?

I use non vegan ingredients all the time when cooking for my family.

I'm and yes I do taste some foods (with meat) when I'm cooking it. I don't taste single meats like grilled chicken or steaks, etc but I taste the chili, soups, and sauces that I make with meat. I taste scrambled eggs, cake batter, etc. I have to know if it needs seasoning or anything else.

My family isn't vegan and I do 99% of the cooking and shopping. I'm probably more of a vegetarian than vegan in other vegans eyes I guess, idk. I just don't concern myself with these things. If I have to taste it then that's what I do. I have always liked meat, eggs, and dairy to begin with and really just lost my taste for it as I got older. I don't eat the way I do for ethical reasons. Occasionally I crave grilled cheese sandwiches and milk. I do give In to those cravings. Over the holidays a friend gave me me some homemade beef tamales and cookies and wanted me to try them. It was important to her so I did.

I just do the best I can when it comes to this. I don't make it a big deal.