Marzipan

Why does no one use marzipan anymore?

What do you mean?

Because cheaper alternatives are more profitable, and honestly I can’t get over all the almond oil they use in every piece I have ever tried.

almonds are expensive

Man, I love the almond taste.

because it tastes like ass

Idk, I fucking love it. I've loved marzipan ever since I was a little kid and my mom bought a box of marzipan fruits for Christmas one year. I've been seeking it out ever since. I love it so much, I had it used instead of fondant on my groom's cake at my wedding.
I think it's becoming more popular, though, because i usually buy a bunch of marzipan at world market right before Christmas when they start marking stuff down, and this year when I went to buy my stash, they were completely out. That's the first time that has ever happened.

It tastes like shit.

its far more expensive than fondant, but euros (at least germans) still use it frequently

It's way better than fondant.

take that back nigger

Commercially bulk fondant sure

But you can make fondant that actually taste good (such as with marshmallows)

marzipan has a lower almond content. what you're looking for is almond paste. too expensive to make commercially but good for homemade stuff. the difference between them is ratio and prize, and with almond paste you don't need to use almond extract to compensate for your nasty sugar habit.

>expensive
>tastes better homemade
>fondant is cheaper and easy to use and shitmunchers are fine with their cakes tasting like nothing but sugar
marzipan is the patrician choice, for sure. especially with fruitcake

Even then marzipan is still better.

is right, a lot of people either want a sugar bomb or just peel off the fondant so marzipan isn't ordered and it's more expensive. It's a shame though, the flavor of almond pairs so well with so many other flavors commonly used in sweets.

Fontant

>Why does no one use marzipan anymore?

my

guy

you

can

just

order stuff with marcipan on it.

I think he meant things entirely made of marzipan.

Because its unhealthy.

Its Sugar Modeling clay, gtfo pastry chef.

Stop giving morons diabetes.

>shitmunchers

That's the best part

she's a terrible broom

Are you fucking illiterate?

Simple answer to a simple question, it's because marzipan is disgusting.