Days without drinking alcohol

about 14 hours, but one and a half bottles of wine with dinner doesn't count as drinking, right?

I had three days off then had some beers and vodka with mates last night now time for a few more days off me thinks. Not getting rekt every night is truly a nice break but I can't see it lasting

20 seconds

the absolute madman.

Now that the holidays are over with I will probably not have a drop until maybe Easter or the 4th of July

I'm on day 30

10000+

11382 you fucking degenerates

Day 11. For being as fat as I am, I have a relatively slim face when it's not bloated from drinking.

that's a pretty long time, do you not know how?

12 days

no, I'm just a woman with high moral upstanding that will not partake nor fraternize with slobs that do in such disgusting behaviour

365+8

open bob pls

Is it called fraternising when a woman does it?

Once I get over these fucking withdrawls it wont be so bad. Right now having to take a swig from my flask whenever the anxiety hits. On the plus my delirium has stopped and I havent gotten the shakes in a few days. Did two entire flasks thr last two days, hoping to cut back to 2/3 starting today. Also dropped my proof from 100 to 80.

On the plus, no stroke or seizures from withdrawing.

Best of luck, man. That shit is no picnic.

>high moral upstanding
>shitposting on Veeky Forums

I went from a fifth a day to nothing almost a year, you guys are fucking pussys

Quit the day after Thanksgiving, got tired of overspending on booze, my liver was fed up as well (liver enzymes tested high), and tired of being tired and having alcohol related depression.
Life is slowly getting better, but I still have days where I fight the urge to go get a bottle.

Sound the bad bait alarm.

I drank yesterday to finish off the 1 beer and tiny 2$ flask of liquor from the holidays. Likely won't drink til February.

You're not stroking or seizuring because you're actually tapering. Keep it up and you'll be set.

This is the cycle my family goes through. Feel terrible -> stop drinking -> oh hey, I wonder if I can handle alcohol now ->Oh I feel terrible. Every holiday is an excuse to try again, no bottom is ever hard enough to knock permanent sense into anyone.

about 500

4 unless you count nyquil

When I'm not drunk I'm high.

I don't understand the question

20 hours

>alcoholic roommate went without drinking for nearly all of 2017
>loses job
>gets a job at a liquor store to make ends meet
>falls off the wagon
>spends Christmas in the hospital with acute pancreatitis
>gets me some whisky for Christmas when he gets out
>drinks it
>apologizes profusely and replaces it
>drinks that too

I can't even be angry with him. It's just tragic

Ativan made detox possible for me. I got addicted to them too, but it was easier to detox them because of the short time taking them.

Also don't drink and take Ativans. I did it twice. The first time I punched a medically retarded guy for nothing. The second time I crashed my car. I was never dangerous in my decade of alcohol abuse except those two times.

My roomate had expensive liquor. I drank it all and promised him to get it back whenever I had the money. One bottle of fruity thing was only available in Europe and was a gift from his dead grandpa.

I emptied and bought back about 12 black label bottles. The shit made me sick has hell compared to white stuff. He hid them in his room. But I'd still go and drink it off the bottle, topping it with water when the store were closed and he was away.

Hoping to last at least three months. I'm not quitting for health reasons though, mostly money. It is kind of pointless and getting harder to do though. Trying to keep iced tea around as a replacement cold drink.

I've just been cutting back to making a fifth of hard liquor last for four days instead of 24 hours, going cold turkey after being an al/ck/ gives me gut wrenching anxiety that goes away with one shot

dayum negroid. Ill pinch the occasional beer or swig of swill but its back by the next day same or better quality. And im a full blown alcho cunt.

I wouldn't call this a "cycle". This hard drinking binge started from a bout with severe anxiety and depression, and lasted about a year. My family is full of non-drinkers and social drinkers. The only alcoholic in the family I ever heard of was my great grandfather who was in the Civil War. And apparently he didn't become an alcoholic until after that ( who fucking wouldn't?)
Anyway, my point is, I'm going to break with drinking for good.

Good for you. It's not that great of a buzz for the physical cost anyways. I'd rather smoke green than feel green the next day.

On my mother side, they're all rogue alcoholics. There's a great aunt who was found dead drunk in a snowbank in the 50s. She eventually became a nun.

My grandfather, his brother (who was a doctor) , and their father all died from alcohol related dementia.

So yeah, we were always told to be careful with alcohol because it runs in the family.

But it's just that once it hits your lips it tastes so good.

Yeah. And, besides the worrisome physical effects of long term alcohol abuse, the more immediate hit to my finances over the last year really shook me up. I was draining my bank account. I'd run low on funds and dip into my savings, and now I'm looking at paying back several thousand dollars into my savings to get back to where I was before. I'm too old to drink cheap shit, so I was spending upwards of $30 a day on booze before I quit.

2 days

1/6th of a day

>implying days without guzzling cum
Really its women that are disgusting

what the fuck is happening in this screenshot, I don't remember this moment in Eva Iron Maiden 2nd

2 and I have to visit my doctor tomorrow. If my health isn't better I have to give up cigarettes and booze essentially permanently, should I just kill myself?

3. I only drink with friends desu. On rare occasions I have a beer because I'll be craving it for some reason.

Start vaping pot

I actually went and got my medical card a about a month ago, that is the plan. I figure thc will be just enough to make my life tolerable without booze or tobacco. I'm not a huge marijuana enthusiast but beggars can't be choosers.

Just make sure you don't vape too much, you still want to function normally.

stop going to the doctor;

I haven't gone in 18 years and I feel fine

High blood pressure and high cholesterol have virtually no symptoms. If you have been drinking heavily for 18 years and haven't been to the doctor, you more than likely could die at any minute. Although I realize what thread i'm in.

it made sense when I played it

you're not alcoholics
you're connoisseurs

I drank every night for about 10 days. Only two or three of those I got actually drunk. Do I have a problem?

Yes, you didn't drink enough

>fucking amateurs

8 MONTHS

>alcohol related dementia
korsakoff's?

a month before hitting 30 I was tired all the time. I started drinking at 2pm and stopped at 2 am , smoking a 25 pack a day.
after numerous attempts I tried it all and did achieve to be sober and smoke free on my 30th.

I was sweating balls at night, was always tired (like too tired to drive).

so about a month after 30, some friends were in town and I hit the sauce. the next morning I went to the liquor store and bought two bottles of wine. At about 2pm while opening the second bottle of wine, I punched my hand with the bottle opener and it started to bleed profusely.

at midnight, the bleeding hadn't stop, since I woke up in a puddle of blood.

I go the hospital. Turns out I had leukemia.

The next two years were long and hard kicking the bottle. I was heavily driniking over my chemo, did this . but finally went sober.

So yeah, I was forced to quit booze and cigarettes. Life sucks, I smoke weed every once in a while, but can manage a job and some community college.

I don't kill myself because of the harm it would cause to the familly, but years of jobless boozing left me friendless.

So yeah, life is easier without booze, but much less fun.

yep

Coincidentally I am also at 8

Sorry to hear that and I hope you recovered. If I got a diagnosis like that, I don't know that I would bother quitting drinking, but I imagine that would probably force your hand to decide rather you want to live or die.

27 years and change.

I'm going full purity mode (no alcohol, no drugs, working out, and working up to a fast) and I feel pretty good, except for the fasting part retraining your body is hard

80ish days probably

19 hours

I don't like drinking when I'm sick.

Hopefully day 1 tomorrow

All depends on if I finally ended my withdraws tonight

Had it pretty rough for about 6 hours but have been feeling good since everything calmed down, like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders

Got a slight headache right now. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Still mid taper however. Could be wishful thanking that the symptoms are done, but you got to stay positive.

1 month and 8 days

Fucking eating like there's no tomorrow, is this normal?

I'm drinking right now

thats a terrific shitpost

this sounds like me minus the cancer

yeah especially sweets

5, will improve this number

Me too.

Seriously lost 1% bf this week alone, should be sub 15% by the end of the month. Quitting the liquid jew is the way to go.

2 days

(This is a guess) 421 days or so

Fucking 21 and can't even drink thanks to getting drug tested

Sometimes life protects us from ourselves.

About a month, had a stomach virus that has had me fucked up for a while. Just getting better now.

I guess the weight loss was nice.

kill me

REMINDER:

NO CIGARETTES, NO DRUGS, NO ALCOHOL

9days

2 days. I had a little bit of whiskey left from NYE.

I'll be your friend, user!

731. didn't celebrate yesterday coz I was sick with flu, but it's true what they say - when you quit, you get a second birthday. I believe in you, anons.

0 but today was just a glass (in the classical sense, like 5cl) of red wine

Same.