The "American" Aisle

Calling all foreign anons, is there an "American Food" section at your local supermarket? What does it look like? Any funny stories?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World
nationsonline.org/oneworld/third_world_countries.htm
hartford-hwp.com/archives/10/150.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World_(disambiguation)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I’m Canadian. We have Asian aisles, but no britbong aisles. Probably because no one wants to eat your garbage food...

When did America = England?

>candy
>sugar cereal
>more candy
>syrup but no panckae mix

what

When I lived in Andalucia there was only one American restaurant in my town. It was totally garish and superhero themed, and I loved it.

What did you expect it to contain? All the fresh meat, dairy, and produce items you can get at any grocery store in almost any part of the world?

If it is anywhere close to a american military base or anywhere high for tourism, then might be a section for american foods. but there is also mcdonalds, which also is american food

They were pretty popular a few years ago. Trying to remember here but the usual products are cool whip, reeses peanut candy products, 600 versions of skittles, jello, junior mints, some bbq sauces and hot sauces, retardedly expensive beef jerky, cupcake mix, american pancake mix and obligatory maple syrup (pretty sure its only the US/Canada that puts syrup on pancakes). Oftentimes there's some HFCS sodas like mountain dew, coke cherry and obscure Fanta flavors as well. Mountain dew is also sold normally by now, produced by a local company. Still tastes like a worse Sprite though. Is it supposed to be so flat?

of course there is, we are first world

First world doesn't actually refer to financial ability or GDP. First world is America and allied powers, second world is soviet/former soviet powers and their allies/states and third world is neutral.

Every time you use that term wrong you make yourself look dumb. Stop.

>mountain dew
>tastes like sprite
What the fuck.
I'll admit to the flat part though, Mountain Dew's always been a bit flat compared to most other sodas. But I can't see where the sprite part comes from, are you sure your local company doesn't fuck it up somehow? Admittedly, the only mountain dew I've drunk for the past few years has been the Voltage flavor, so I don't really remember the taste of basic mountain dew, but I am pretty sure it ain't sprite.

wheres the Campbell's and Chef Boyardee at least tho

no it's just a euro thing apparently

a friend who regularly visits switzerland says the same thing

As someone who only drinks 1-2 sodas a month and sometimes goes half a year without one; I could not disagree any harder. Mountain dew and dr.pepper are for sure the most flavored and sharp sodas around.

Well it's fucking lemon lime right? Or citrus. Its hard to tell over all the sugar. I'm not who your replying too btw. I'm a big Baja blast fan my self.

I thought by flat, he meant how fizzy it was or whatever. That's what I've always heard the term used as, in context with soda.

There's an aisle were they sell dr pepper for $2.80 a can here in ausfailia.
And you know what the fuck? We cant even get microwave burritos here that arent gluten free.
>walk down frozen food section of largest shopping chains in oz
>3 inch long gluten free abomination burritos.
THATS IT!

Oh. Hm I assumed you guys meant the flavor. If you're getting flat soda there is a problem with storage and transport.

Yes, every supermarket has one. It's more or less small and it's quite recent. It's usually next to the older and bigger Asian and Italian aisle.
It's mostly
>Candies (Reese's, marshmallow fluff, jelly belly)
>French's mustard
>Peanut Butter
>Some Dr. Pepper
>SOMETIMES some cereals like Lucky Charms but they don't come that often anymore, because they cost like 10 USD (8-9 euros)
That's all. That's it. And it's expensive as fuck too.

It's like a citrusy Sprite taste with a hint of mint. The half litre bottle was better in both taste and carbonation. Aw man, i'd like to try the genuinely stuff. Ive been planning to vacation in the US in the fall, i assume mt. Dew is available everywhere?

The English language changes and evolves. No one refers to the allied powers when they say first world and everyone understands what they mean. Don't be an autist

sperging out because you can't handle that words change definitions over time makes you look like an autistic faggot. and no, i'm not calling you a bundle of sticks.

>French's mustard
Is plain tart yellow mustard an American thing?

its a French's thing

>words change definitions
But they havent
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World
nationsonline.org/oneworld/third_world_countries.htm
hartford-hwp.com/archives/10/150.html

So the definition has changed because you misuse it? No.

>reee the definition hasnt changed everyone just misuses it reeeeee

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World_(disambiguation)
>As a loose term for all developing countries, a number of which fit both of the above definitions.

feel free to commit sudoku any time, autist

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World_(disambiguation)
>.org/wiki/Third_World_(disambiguation)
>Third_World_(disambiguation)
>(disambiguation)
It's like you're actually retarded.

>It's like a citrusy Sprite taste with a hint of mint
Literally what the fuck. Mountain Dew is just carbonated orange juice concentrate with a bunch of sugar added. I have no idea where you're getting these flavors from.

40 lbs of Kek

theres american restaurants in my hometown in mexico and it's all oversized burgers and burned steaks. Good vibes though so I like going there if I'm on town.

nordBrit
>is there an "American Food" section at your local supermarket?
no
>What does it look like?
nothing at all
>Any funny stories?
american marketing folk think we are actually going to buy hershey's when we have hundreds of different chocolates from here and all over europe which are far superior in every possible way
(except for tasting like sick obv.)

it's like you're actually pathetically desperate to have some kind of comeback because you have no argument. it's okay, i'll be patient with your autism.

Pre 1776.

There is a reason your link went to a hyphenated definition and mine went to the actual one. Changing the nomenclature of something doesn't change its definition. Sorry.

im the guy who posted the dog food and im not really understanding you guys but im first world in all of your sources so yeah

>pretty sure its only the US/Canada that puts syrup on pancakes

What the hell do you eat on your pancakes? Also Japan definitely does and they have their own shitty version of pancake syrup

Mountain Dew originally was lemon lime and orange flavoring.The US version taste pretty different than what I've had anywhere else in the world, but its also one of the only sodas that better by being a weird chemical concoction in the US and all the natural flavoring and real sugar versions are just a bad soda.

It's mostly sweets and sugary drinks
Also campbell's soup
Everything is super expensive

Jam, strawberry, raspberry or Blackberry are the usual suspects, some also have whipped cream and a little sugar.

Oh shit, forgot to say that american pancakes are much fluffier and thicc compared to ours, the ones we make look more like crêpes to you i think.
Pic related

Well yeah I guess. Our mustard (in France) is mostly Dijon and quite strong. If you want to replicate Americlap hot dog or burger you have to go get either French’s (more expensive) or Heinz American style mustard (cheaper, made in Europe)

This is in no way true in the way people speak today. I can't tell you how often America is called a third world country that's only partially civilized, but I can tell you it has nothing to do with whom you might be allied with.

The international aisles are pretty interesting at times but the only American thing I buy is root beer once or twice a year.