Literacy

Am I on the right path to literacy?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_Classics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

only if you've already read them

No.

Those are certainly worth a read, but just know that there is tremendously better literature out there, and once you read all these you're not very special at all.

>truman in cold capote blood

Modern Library and Harvard Classics, at least 50%

>only if you've already read them
Let's not go too far. OP just focus on taking good pictures and shitposting for now.

what else do you suggest? I've read only like 60 books in my life. 50% for fun read and 50% something that changes me at least a bit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvard_Classics

Someone who has read 50% of this list is well on their way too literacy. I would also suggest searching for good books on your own too, from JSTOR articles and academic listservs if possible.

I've read 4 books from that list already, so I'm almost there. Cheers

The fiction or non-fiction? Or both?

both obviously.

this is my "library"

seamless. how'd you like doawk?

I kinda feel like I know nothing about books in general, but even reading this took a lot of time.

and yeah, I've read A Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but had to start somewhere as a non-native speaker.

I don't even remember. I've read a couple of years back when I was looking to buy something in English and since I had read the first three doawks in my native language, I grabbed it.

Holy Reddit.

reddit is pretty good imo

Reddit is shit.

Pic related, its their top 100 based on good methodology of book mentions on top 5 lists over a period of years.

>no pynchon
Glad I lurked on this board long enough to buy his books, otherwise normies would have never recommended it to me

>Mein Kampf

never seen that hemingway publisher I don't think, what publisher is that?

>Freakonomics
Jeez

Then go back there.

Arrow books, from 2004

truman in cold capote blood is my favorite book

I was joking obviously, though I browse top posts once a week because there are some interesting articles linked. Even though the comment sections are usually retarded, at least people don't try to out retard each other like here.

>try to out retard each other like here

Thats because everyone is trying for upvotes.

>8
>The Bible
This is the definitive proof that the Bible is for plebs

95% of people who read the bible are mindless sheep. But you can obviously read Ecclesiastes or kings or mark with historical or philosophical context

>I was joking obviously

Because obviously everyone can pick up your joking tone through your post. Please go back. You belong there. (Not joking.)

Seriously! That caught me up for a min there

95% of people who read Infinite Jest are mindless sheeps. Is that a detraction from the material or an example of human's tendency to identify with an authority?

not really bro

i'll tell that some of these authors don't follow the rules of literacy

Anyone else besides Chuck, Any and maybe Welsch?

>no Book of the New Sun

>it's a Truman in cold Capote blood episode

OP exposes themselves as an edgelord who has bought most of their plebian haul out of morbid curiosity.

Palahniuk is a fucking hack read only by the scarcely literate as a soft replacement for the childhood entertainment of watching some kid eat worms. Ellis isn't much better, but at least possesses something resembling literary merit rather than empty anarchism apothegm. That being said OP has clearly only bought American Psycho because they clearly saw the fucking movie.

He knows that Lolita has a little girl getting fucked and Naked Lunch is about drugs and weird shit and someone gets murdered in In Cold Blood. This is also the only possible explanation for not one but in fact TWO volumes of Marquis de Sade who, though sorrowfully underrated, is the only writer present who predates the 20th century. One hardly has to wonder why - again, OP's purchases reflect less of an actual taste for literature than they do an adolescent desire to shock his own mother.

Then there's Any Rand. Moving on.

Infinite Jest and Lot 49 are also present, likely because their authors are both memes, or maybe because OP is well aware that they both make dick jokes.

TL;DR: yes, actually, you are on the right path to literacy, this is a phase a lot of edgy teens go through before becoming actually well read. I know I fucking did - right down to basically the exact same books you have right there on your shelf, which is probably why I'm prompted to react to strongly. You still need to develop a sense of taste, or at least knowledge of what does and doesn't constitute taste arbitrarily in the eyes of the literary community.

Anyway good luck with the reading - I'd also recommend you check out Russell's History of Western Philosophy if you want a thorough context to that shit.

I wouldn't worry about that OP, just focus on reading the classics throughout time and using them to make you more educated.

i read Haunted last month, i got tge first edition with the womans scared face under the sleeve

>HGttG is number 1
>Mein Kampf
>Game of Thrones
>The entire dystopian meme trilogy
>The Communist Manifesto
>Harry Potter
So this is the power of fedoracore.