Was it autism?

Was it autism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r2jSWVfPDMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

your post is autism; cast iron on the other hand is quality cookware you can pass on to your kids one day

fuck first this post then the black converse high-tops on Veeky Forums. Everyday I fear I may be... autistic

>is a centuries-old, still reliable method of cooking autism

No. It isn't.

AHAHAHAH
*pans your mutilated dick*

*tips back slightly due to weight of handle being equal to the rest of the pan*
Seriously though can you even flatten chicken with that? Probably have to clean it after every use too! LMAO

>Get one for Christmas
>Follow seasoning instructions
>Test it out on breaded fish
>Cooks it beautifully, doesn't stick at all
>Wipe it clean with a paper towel

People who can't figure out how to use cast iron are cooklets

No, it was a pan.

I got a pre seasoned one and I think the job was done poorly because there's a round spot that won't go away with scrubbing

have I already fucked it up?

The factory seasoning is still not seasoned well, just enough to prevent it from rusting while shipping/sitting in a warehouse or on store shelves. You should still season it a few times yourself in the oven and even then, it can take years of regular use before it really develops a good seasoning.

Just scrub it, rub it down with some high smoke point oil and season it in the oven a few times, then use it regularly.

can i cook rice in it?
i use a little oil and then boil covered

my nice stainless steel pans do that, it bugs the shit out of me

..d..do what?

Prolly not the best pan to cook rice in. But it should be ok. You may want to remove it from heat sooner due to muh heat retention.

I assume he wanted >tips back slightly due to weight of handle being equal to the rest of the pan

my non-stick does this and it drives me crazy

my cast iron is over 100 years old and was passed down to me. it still preforms well. so no?

Ancient memes are still memes.

>Not taking in your daily intake of rust.

cast iron are pretty good for cooking steak and the fact i can put it in the oven is pretty dope

>hmm, the TRUE essence of iron-y

I cook exclusively on an old greasy hot plate in my trailer because the gas line is full of holes. Cast iron is the only thing with enough heat retention to properly sear shit on that weak of a source.

youtube.com/watch?v=r2jSWVfPDMI
no

I have two Lodges and a DeBuyer Mineral B. Since getting this though, I havent touched them at all. I probably will still use the 12" but not that often. The LC is just too useful.

At least in your fucked up life you didn't say meme. It's an "anachronism", you stupid asshole. Nothing more than that. It's not a meme, it's not autistic. It's an adult device that you fucking screwed up children are obsessing about.

>tfw too poor for LC
maybe one day

le creuset (or staub, or probably others less well-known) are a great investment, and they'll last forever.
save your pennies. i recommend starting with the 3.5qt round dutch oven, since it's a great all-purpose size. get the 7.25 instead if you make a lot of soup or stew.

You got all your ducks in a row. I love watching you folk.

keep hope alive. keep talking a lot and more than you can, pls

Keep the dumb alive in this group. Watch Charlie's Wilson's war. You fucking gibbles deserve to learn history while you decay.

The 5.5 quart Dutch oven is a perfect size. The one in my pic is a 9 quart which is great for holidays but not so much every day cooking. I'm grabbing the 5.5 pretty soon, should be more than enough with those two for now. I obviously intend to expand the collection a lot.

Don't get their sauce pots. I went All-Clad d5 and it's perfect.

>LC
No shit it's useful. That's like a $300 pot there.

Also you can buy them used or refurbished quite easily. Only buy new if you have some fancy ass house and need to show off, otherwise an old used one will still have tons of utility.

How much do these cost on average?
I only found one nearby shop selling it and it's probably too expensive there because they're made by some local hipsters.

>Watch Charlie's Wilson's war.
ok, i won't supply the taliban with cast iron skillets. thanks for the warning.