Did Veeky Forums ever eat a good Dutch frikandel?

Did Veeky Forums ever eat a good Dutch frikandel?
That's my fetish, besides currywurst.

Other urls found in this thread:

media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/11/95/34/a3/eel-roll.jpg
nl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frikandel
youtube.com/watch?v=MYVW47l8IRI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im dutch and I hate this shit

kroket>>>>>>>>frikandel

Pleb

what about kaassouffle

i somehow only know dutch fastfood

Those fries look terrible.
Kaassoufflé is fine but I'm pretty sure it's not just dutch.

geniet lekker van je paardenogen en wat de kanker er nog meer in zit vriend.
kassouffle i don't really care for. Kipcorns though, they are on the same tier as kroketten for me.

>Dutch frikandel
Frikandel is Belgian and as your picture shows, Dutch are terrible at making a fries.

>Hij denkt dat er in kroketten geen teelballen vermalen zijn

>kroketten
I've only eaten potatoe kroketten so far, you guys are also into meat kroketten, right?

why am I getting an impression that all traditional dutch food is basically fastfood or some kind of pastry/dessert?

Mostly yeah.

a lot of our main courses are just practical cheap nutritious energy bombs with some meat on the side. It's delicious though. You should try making boerenkool stampot one time.

Boerenkool is god tier. I had some today. I've been experimenting with using homemade meatballs instead of rookworst and it honestly tastes better.

The traditional food is similiar to German cuisine though.

>all the fucking stews

yeah we eat it with meatballs as well, really good. You can get the jus from the meatballs instead of getting some disgusting tastemaker MSG shit.

>not eatin the best fastfood around

>You can get the jus from the meatballs instead of disgusting tastemaker mgs shit
Fucking exactly, tastes so much better.

so you push the meat part on the grill right?

g*rman barbarians eat it raw

absolutely disgusting

Dutchfag here, it actually tastes alright. I mean what's the difference between this and haring?

t bh i can imagine it tasting alright, I just don't trust raw meat like that.

you put your meat part IN the gril, virgin.

You two idiots never ate Mett, so you can't judge.

i like frikandel but not speciale

Deenz a shit

Who here /MackDaddy/?

Is that mayo on the sausage or some kind of cheese?

mayo. Dutch always eat their junkfood with mayo or peanutsaus

Dont forget curry ketchup

various kinds of meat yes.

desu rookworst gives me a kind of sick feeling, don't really know how to explain it

A friend of mine was on holiday in some slav country with some buds. They went to eat out but couldn't read the menu. His friends saw something something carpacho or whatever on the menu and thought it was our kind of carpacho with thinly sliced meat (the Italian one). Instead they got a big bowl of raw meat and an egg.

Small quantities is alright but it easily gets too much.

it's a frikadel with mayo, curry ketchup, and onions, aka a frikadel speciaal

also pictured: fries with the same sauces and onions, called friet speciaal

Because it's northern european and therefore like every cuisine from northern european it is basically carbs & fats, and most vegetables are root vegetables. Basically anything that you can grow while it's warm, and store & eat during the cold winter.

Hi, not Dutch but been cooking stamppot since I emigrated here. I use pork belly (to get all that delicious rendered fat) and veal for mine.

Eierbal is the patrician snack, but randstad subhumans wouldn't understand

t. Groningen

Never heard of it.
t. Brabo

Andijvie stampot > Boerenkool.

Both are still pretty good though.

My man
Andijvie > Zuurkool > Boerenkool > Hutspot
But they're all great

Zuurkool > boerenkool > andijvie > hutspot desu

the friend of my mother is dutch and last weekend i was eating it for the first time with them it also was the special version

its alright nothing too special but i would prefer it over currywurst

>Those fries look terrible.
Yes, they do.

They probably suck at making it. Also use frikadel based on chicken, lots better. Also... a frikadel is fucking junk meat most of the time. Even little bones in the cheaper ones.

Goes to show how many people sell, buy and eat cancer.

Dutch fried shit power ranking
1. Frikandel special
2. Krokett with mustard
3. kipfingers with curry sauce
4. kaassouffle

But the best thing that ever came out of holland is either matjes on a sweet bun or stroopwaffles.

t. german guy who lives right at the border.

>matjes on a sweet bun
what the fuck
I've never heard of this and I'm Dutch. Describe what you mean.

Not mentioning self-made kapsalon?

Like 2 Matejes filets with onion on a hotdogbun.
I ate that in Amsterdam like 5 times.
media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/11/95/34/a3/eel-roll.jpg
kind of like this, honestly way better than on a normal "brötchen" the somewhat sweet bun works well with the acidic taste of the matjes.

Oh shit of course I'm fucking retarded never mind
for some reason I thought of the candy, zure matjes, instead of the fish

you guys are just making up words and pretending it's the name of food

uhmm no. So far i havn't seen a food mentioned here i don't know of.

Had the frik special with some belgian fries and curry ketchup, it's pretty good, like a beefier breakfast sausage

How do you even eat a frikandel without making a huge mess?

Mah nigga, though I kinda want to try one with a soft boiled egg (scotch eggs style).

when it's served like that you eat it with fork and knife. without all that shit in it you just pick it up with your hand and shove it in your mouth.

bones?!?
no way the meat was definetly good they bought it in the netherlands when they were visiting his mother and im pretty sure that they bought good meat there even the mayo and curry ketchup were from there
either way they also brought kroketes but i didnt get a chance to eat these yet

Frikandel < Kroket < Frikandel Speciaal < Both

Filet Americain > That piece of pink shit

who /vandobben/ here lads?

>amsterdam

Groningen lad

>groningen

tfw another groningen user
and yeah, van dobben are the best kroketten
Though I'm very fond of kalfskroketten myself

Man I loved the FEBO kalfsvlees kroketten. To date the best kroket Ive ever had. Havent had one in ages though.

ACTUAL DUTCH FRIED FOOD POWER RANKINGS

GOD TIER
>Frikandel Speciaal and a Van Dobben Rundvleeschkroket

Good tier
>Frikandel Speciaal
>Kroket
>Bitterballen
>Berehap
>Mexicano

Occasional enjoyment tier
>Kipkorn
>Viandel
>XXL Frikandel
>Miniloempia's
>Bamischijf
>Picanto (not to be confused with the Kia)

Meh tier
>Plain frikandel
>Kipvingers
>Nasiblok

Absolute french shit tier
>Kaassoufflé

Frikandel is dutch.
nl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frikandel

My new favourite for after-city snack is the Feierbal at de Hoek, it's like an eierbal but spicy

Bitterballen on the list but no Vlammetjes? Pleb, those are the patrician borrelhapjes

Using the side of those plastic forks you cut them into 6-8 pieces lengthwise. You then pick it up by sticking the fork in directly from the top so it doesn't fold open.

Vlammetjes are a form of miniloempia, and are absolutely virgin-tier compared to the Chad bitterbal.

I CAN RECOMMEND NIERBROODJES IF YOU CAN GET THEM

Hmm, might need to try it. It's mostly Hasret for me if I go snacking after hitting the pubs, but nowadays it's usually just skipping the food altogether.

Where the fuck is my eierbal user?

Only the shape, the filling is completely different. Loempie is like veggies and usually mostly taugé, vlammetjes is spiced ground meat.

>It's mostly Hasret for me if I go snacking after hitting the pubs, but nowadays it's usually just skipping the food altogether.
Same, though Hasret is still god tier when I'm actually in the mood for some good eating after a nice night on the town. But it's at its best when it's like 4+ AM and I don't usually go out till that late anymore.

A light snack like a (f)eierbal though, that's more easy to just pick up and eat or take home.

In the trash, where it belongs.

You can meat loempia's too, you can fill them with pretty much anything. My Indo neighbor used to make them with fish, although, yeah, veggies are the standard.

>In the trash, where it belongs.
Fuck off, randstad. Don't you need to go collect some uitkering?

IKTF user. Trouble with light snacks is they dont really hit the spot for me anymore. So I stopped bothering with them. Either go all out (like Hasret) or just go home. It's better if it's a treat anyway.

Because back in the 1600s we dominated the global trade routes (and basically the entire world) and with that imported a lot of foods/spices from different countries.

>hating on kaassoufle
>frikandel speciaal twice
>full of memesnacks (frikandel derivatives)
Garbage. Absolute garbage.

Rare kino snack tier
>Knoepert

>matjes
The word you're looking or is maatje which is pickled herring, not smoked eel like in the pic. Smoked eel is fucking delicious though if you can get it fresh.

Limburg with a uni degree and engineering job, I pay for your uitkering.

>Not hating the stupidity that is the kaassoufflé
youtube.com/watch?v=MYVW47l8IRI
>Frikandel speciaal twice
Because combining it with a good kroket is absolute, undeniable godtier
>Frikandel derivatives
90% of all frituursnacks are derivatives.

>limburg
Well that certainly explains the list

t. earthquake (((victim)))

>wah wah, our river is flooding

Yes at least two every week
Kankerlekker

>Limburg
Go learn how to not talk like an imbecile before you post here again, you franco-german mong

I actually felt the one yesterday, usually you don't feel them in Stad but this is my second time feeling one. Feels funny desu

I don't get this meme. How can our river be flooding just us when we've got the high ground over you?

>Het is een kwestie van geduld, rustig wachten op de dag, dat de Maas heel Holland vult

>you franco-german mong
Limburgs is much closer to the original Dutch as spoken in the Golden Century, compared to the heavily anglised Dutch spoken in the rest of the country. You are the mongrels.

Because even the earth itself thinks limburg is an abomination

everything beneath the rivers was a mistake

So, everything in blue then? Can confirm, building under sea level is a meme that should have ended centuries ago.

Absolute top tier snack

This is the gayest sentence fragment I’ve read all day.

I dont know what this is, but it doesnt belong

you know what I meant
if they celebrate carnaval, they should be put up against the wall

Dönerix is where it's at now we're discussing after-city snacks in Groningen.

t. 3rd Groningen user

Damn, another one
I always immediately start wondering if I secretly know them

As for Dönerix, I think I've been there only once but it wasn't as good as Hasret. Or maybe it's just nostalgia bias cuz Dönerix wasn't there yet back in my prime going out days.

Catholics should be considered 2nd class citizens. Anyone who isn't Nederlands Hervormd should be.

But if it isn't a delicious culture. Bier en Bitterballen is life.

>nederlands hervormd
Hallo opa

wtf is that?

Andijvie has to be cooked though. A little mustard makes it the god-tier pre boozing food. Otherwise spinazie is also great.

What no
just mix Raw andijvie with the mashed potaties and some spekjes and you're done. Optional: grated cheese as a side.

I never really got the appeal of having it raw. I do mash it though. Dont really like spekjes in my andijvie, just mustard. Jus is also risky as it might turn the stamp into a wet mush.