*gives a quote for the back of the book you're reading*

pshh... nothin personnel, kid

Because you only read pleb books. Ive never seen a quote from him as far as I know.

i don't even recognize the bastard.

sounds like a personnel problem.

he's all over gene wolfe books like a rash, so you're wrong, because wolfe is the certified Patrician's Choice

"THE BEST SF NOVEL OF THE LAST CENTURY"

How Can Our Books Be Patrician When They're Covered With Neil Gaiman

>mfw bloom quote

>genre fiction
>patrician

Is he actually good though? I'm willing to give him a try if literature fans enjoy him.

Yes. I suggest trying the Fifth Head of Cerberus. It's short so you're not making a big commitment, and the three interlinked stories are very literature. The first is written somewhat in the style of Proust, the second in a sort of aboriginal dream-time style, and the third is very reminiscent of Kafka. Proust and Kafka being important influences on Wolfe in general, but it's especially noticeable here.

Example of his writing in the first story:

My father had his own library, now in my possession; but we were forbidden to go there. I have a dim memory of standing - at how early an age I cannot say - before that huge carved door. Of seeing it swing back, and the crippled monkey on my father's shoulder pressing itself against his hawk face, with the black scarf and scarlet dressing gown beneath and the rows and rows of shabby books and notebooks behind them, and the sick-sweet smell of formaldehyde coming from the laboratory beyond the sliding mirror.
I do not remember what he said or whether it had been I or another who had knocked, but I do recall that after the door had been closed, a woman in pink whom I thought very pretty stooped to bring her face to the level of my own and assured me that my father had written all the books I had just seen, and that I doubted it not at all.

>are very literature
literary*

>"Oh, it's so nice you came over to help around user. Would you mind reading me some Falstaff. Heh, you know I have the lines memorized, but at my age the memory isn't what it used to be."

neil gaiman more like kneel, gay man

but like for real that dude fucking sucks ass. spent his entire career trying to be a second rate allen moore and he can't even fucking plagiarize right. the guy is a waste of page space.

I liked The Graveyard Book when I was younger

Gaiman was my first introduction to people like Chesterton and Borges when I was younger so I can't actually hate him.
I think he is the first "adult" author a lot of people read and does actually try to train you to read people who are better than him.

He looks fake British.

pshh... nothin personnel, kid

Yeah, he is (((fake British)))

Well, he's Jewish, so.

>a literal cuck

Where did he go wrong?

He's the John Green of comics.

Every fucking story is the same, and you know the solution is some bullshit pun or play of words

>created my pure waifu, Death
>marries a thot

This can't be happening, I'm in charge here

Leonard Cohen is dead tho

Yes. Like the other user said start with 'The Fifth Head of Cerberus', after that I'd recommend 'Peace'. They're two of his strongest works and they're also two of his earliest. His 'Solar Cycle' (Book of the New Sun + sequels) is probably the greatest thing to ever happen to science-fiction, but I don't think it's the best place to start with his writing.

please no ;_;

It's clearly Bob Dylan