For me, its cornbread and butter

for me, its cornbread and butter.

I'm just a simple user.

Other urls found in this thread:

onceuponachef.com/recipes/savory-cornbread-with-cheddar-thyme.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tfw you're literally chewing some cornbread right now.

BRUTHAAAAAAA

I never had cornbread, would like to some day.

mynigga.vbs

you'll never achieve it. you don't have it in you

who /cornbois/

>not a baguette and goat cheese

What's your style: Southern or Yankee?

i go just one step further and pour some maple syrup.

My nigga...

What's with Americans and corn? Here in Canada we'll get corn on the cob in late summer early fall, and that's it. Most of our food filler is just wheat based not corn like in the US. You guys even feed corn to cattle which requires them to take antibiotics too.
Is it true beef steaks will have yellow fat from the corn down there? Our steaks have white/clear fat.
Also you put corn syrup as a sweetener in most soft drinks and candies too. What's replaced traditional sugarcane in Canada is sugar beets, and beet sugar is becoming a more common substitute to corn sugar or sugar cane.
Anyway, we're on the same continent but why is the American diet so heavily saturated with corn?

Texas smoked beef brisket.

Add a little honey and you got some tight shit my man

Corn grows readily in the Midwest and the industry is highly subsidized, I've never seen this yellow fat though, maybe a little off-white in cheap shit?

I actually go Yankee if it's chili, because the sweet works with the spicy. But if I'm eating it with a traditional southern spread with beans w/ ham, greens, and potatoes, I will make a southern style, maybe even with some spicy peppers, but not always.

Because in the dust bowl years we asked to buy 1 trillion pounds of corn from you and you'd only do it if we bought the same amount for the next 150 years. Fuck you Canada. We have to literally burn the shit in our cars we have so much goddamn corn.

>I've never seen this yellow fat though, maybe a little off-white in cheap shit?
I've honestly only ever heard that from some Alberta rancher who was boasting why Canadian steaks are better, so it could be bullshit

>you'd only do it if we bought the same amount for the next 150
Sauce on this? That's actually interesting if confirmed

Lol all uncooked adipose fat is yellow you retard. The only reason the fat is white on your steak is because it's been trimmed. If you see the edges of some steaks, you'll see a yellowish tinge. Intramuscular fat is white, adipose is yellow. How retarded are you? I've never had yellow fat on a good cut of meat here. There's nothing wrong with giving cattle heavily ground corn for protein, along with seeded hay, and letting them graze on beneficially seeded pastures. Corn isn't some fucking poison, and spoiler: NOBODY can digest insoluble fibers or cellulose completely, not even cows who are adapted to it. You can't feed a cow off corn, but nobody does that. You obviously know nothing about beef.

Isn't it your bedtime?

Savory cornbread is where it's at.
I followed this one.
onceuponachef.com/recipes/savory-cornbread-with-cheddar-thyme.html
It's fucking amazing. I used cultured buttermilk instead of milk.
10/10

my nibbas

Simple pleasures for a simple man.

>corn for protein
dude wat

>why do americans do something that is cheap, simple, and works?

Hot, fresh cornbread is glorious. I always save one piece for the end of my meal to add butter and honey to it. Butter +honey on cornbread is as close as you'll get to kissing an angel.

there's far more protein in corn than in grass. Where do you think cows get it naturally, cod and cottage cheese?

Cows don't just graze on grass, though. My father, who's a stock rancher (meaning he raises his livestock and sells it at open auction, rather than private sales or business) plants fields of alfalfa, oats, and ryegrass for his cattle to pasture on, besides all the native grasses that grow on the other side of the ranch. And, alternating crops and rotation adds nutrients back into the soil as well. There's more to raising livestock and farming/ranching than just throwing some animals on a piece of land. Also, in the winter, when extra is needed for the cattle, he gives them "cubes" which a large pellets made of grasses, clovers, legumes, and oats, and "tubs", which are large 50 lb blocks of a mixture of grains and molasses to keep their protein and nutrient levels up through winter, which would otherwise deplete them.

You Anons got some good recipes?
>not maple butter