Al/ck/ - Shakes and Fear at the Office Edition

I think we should start out with that wojak pic again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W16TQO-h-yo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whenever I had a steady job I would be OK as far as staying busy and budgeting my drinking time. Its just when theres so much free time is when i go nuts. Dont understand how you fulltime people cant just wait til work is over and drink 6-7 drinks and call it a night.

we drink at work, mr dubs and trips

any of you queers even play beer pong

WojaLk, user.

Also, 3am needs to be shot.

Why? because youre physically dependent? IS that the whole reason?

>why do people drink

idk man its a mystery

Most people with jobs wait til after work to drink. Alcohol is one of *the* worst choices of drugs to use while at work.

You're a tard. Cant answer a simple question.

>Cant answer a simple question

because you know the answer to it, alckies drink at work because they like alcohol and they think they can get away with it
how is this even a question

what?? i mean sure getting wasted at work is bad but you do realize like 15% of the work force has a drink or two at lunch?

my company has free wine and beer in the cafeteria, the kitchen, and on the office floors

I never drank at work unless I was going through bad withdrawals. And that was rare. People who think its cute to bring vodka in a sprite bottle and drink at their desk just baffle me. Why risk your job over something as stupid as alcohol?

Posting some drinking music:
youtube.com/watch?v=W16TQO-h-yo

We are talking about covert, excessive drinking.

you poor guys work at such shitty, impoverished, high-strung jobs that you can't drink at work

t. tech master race

Piss off. You can't drink more than one IPA per shift or youll be canned.

>alcoholic dick waving about jobs they likely are barely clinging to

MY NECK IS SO TENSE

>tfw can't keep legs or hands still because you feel like you have a low voltage running through your entire nervous system

/Sucide general/

THOSE FUCKING DIGITS

I had a hangover yesterday. I had gone 8 days before nye, got shitrocked and tapered with a 12er after that. Then sober again till a day before yesterday when I drank a bunch of wine. first time I’ve ever enjoyed a hangover.

I think the only reason these threads don't get banned is because the Jews that own Veeky Forums want the extra traffic so they can sell advertising for more.

I bet you are a lot of fun at parties

Just made an Obituary
2 oz gin
1/4 oz vermouth
1/4 oz absinthe

P good, fampai. I’ve been in a cocktail mood lately

There is literally and I mean literally no better drink than ice water.

what about LIME CUCUMBER GATORADDEEEEE

NUESTRO SABOR MI CALIENTE PAPI PAPI MI CORAZONE ES EN FUEGO

up ur game man stop going to trader joes, cool pernod tho

u r both right friends :-(

I love that gatorade. It has saved me so many times.

I’m a newb for vermouth. What would you recommend for beginner person getting into cocktails?
I like Uncle Val’s stuff. After this bottle, I’m going Leopold Bros for my next gin.

This beer tastes like I'm drinking beer for the first time (it tastes like shit). Don't fall for the microbreweries meme.

I said that and then threw up about 2 gallons of water. Fuck me.

havent drank since oct 22nd. not that i drank everyday just once-2x friday and/or saturday

Why even stop if you’re not a problem drinker?

>cucumber gatorade

idk i drank like 20ish beers on a friday or saturday then id be hungover for 2 days and didnt remember anything. always felt bad even if i did nothing

Gunna hate myself tomorrow. Just fell off after 6 weeks. Just got a new job payin $10 more an hour for doin the same thing. Spose i feel a little guilty cause where i am now is a local family business who are good to me. But the corporations pay better in my industry. 6am start rather than 2am. $10 more an hour..... reeeeee. Very conflicted and the buzz is starting to hit.
Not sure if im happy or sad.

Your job sounds awesome. When I worked at a call center, the office was within walking distance of a bar that had a happy hour during the time I got my lunch everyday. $1 beers. I would always go for the highest ABV they had (usually blue moon) and pound 3-4 of them before stumbling back to the office. My apartment was also very close to my work, so I walked home whenever I drank.

I fucking hated that job so the only time I looked forward to was my lunch hour. Now I work in a kitchen and am somewhat happier, albeit physically exhausted at the end of the day. Better than the mental exhaustion of telephone customer service.

You already drank. Now move on to plan B which is do NOT let it turn into a bender. And do NOT go to work drunk tomorrow.

listen to this guy

who else here just fuckin eats instead of drinking?

90% of this board. Theyre just as sick as us alcoholics.

drunks love talking about drinking
sober people love talking about not drinking
regular people talk about it when it suits the conversation

Exact opposite

Was just throwing up and pissed myself.

Thanks for caring mang. Will finish this week at current job. New job on monday. Only bought 2 bottles of wine and a long neck. Not much. Early starts make me tired so im not up for a bender. Just not sure how to quit current job. I feel like i am selling out.

overdid it on sunday lads capping off a little bender, spent all day today in bed. I wish I were normal

Reèèeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........ whats normal?

Fucking faggot

Anyone get kinda sad that the /alc/ thread is pretty much the only consistent thread on Veeky Forums and it hits threshold incredibly fast?

I feel like this thread could be on any board and it'd still be just me and the guys : (

I do both

>tfw you finally break down and cry while piss ass drunk at 2am because you finally realize can't just stop and you just want to be normal

not getting hammered every night and being able to hold down a steady job I would say is a step in the right direction

almost surprised that /r9k/ doesn't have an /alc/ thread

Seriously?
Never under estimate empathy.
Most are taught not to care about anything bar themselves.
Drunks are by far, the most intelligent empathetic people i have met. Hence aa as a gatekeeper to sobriety.

maybe some. i think the majority of drunks would be malignant narcissists

Well then im a god damn fuckin normie.
If you good at what you do, even as a drunk, you will still get work. Fuck i drive trucks and heavy machinery, still workin never fired.

Like the rest of humanity?

most likely

Level up

same

Well bar that time i blew 0.197 at 9am after using a 70tonne compactor for 3 hours.
Was casual so they didnt want me back.
Eh worked out. Hated that job.

My mother is an enabler. She supports me when I'm out of work and I barely have the motivation to quit as a result. My blood work is all fucked up though so I'm getting scared enough that I might end this soon

you'd think the majority of actual drunks would have a pretty crippled ego

this is why LSD helps

Yeah nah some truth there. But life is life you gotta roll and not dwell. Sure we fuck up drunk..... cmon lol. Sober people fuck up sober. . Lol that is more shameful.

Why does going out to the bars and getting absolutely annihilated feel like such an adventure?

I remember I would absolutely relish the idea of going out barhopping and getting totally annihilated.

I'm trying to stay sober, but man, the bar scene was always my week point. It felt like the start of something big but always ended...well you guys know.

its fun because you end up doing stuff you wouldnt do usually. like ending up in strange beds, or doing strange drugs, or meeting strange people.

Dont be a victim bro. Fuck it all, man up. You say you wanna pussy out... da fuq man. You got nothing to lose, make it glorious. Hit on every wo/man you see.
Just be happy and nice its easy and people will love you for it.

I remember I once ended up grinding with this semihot asian chick that was like 38 (24 at the time and recent single) I think I grabbed her ass but I was too much of a baby to do anything.

Plus she had been with black guys, so ehh no thanks. Was still funny though, I was so trashed and all my friends were just laughing and shit. They busted my balls about it for a while.

>that first wank after a weeklong bender where you don't wank at all
pretty sure a physical bucket emerged from my johnson

I also once told some random girl she was an idiot straight to her face. She got all huffy and said "excuse me" so I called her an idiot again.

that would involve leaving your house, also neetbux don't apply for alcohol/tobacco products.

they do have /sip/ threads tho

>hangover horn

i shouldn't be proud of these things. why do alcoholics love sharing their war stories in some feeble attempt to one up each other

Check, check and check. But i dont remember.
Alcyhol sux.
My demon.

when your sober beating it sort of seems like a chore, but shit I remember when I was withdrawing I would spend hours on /gif/

drinking truly fucks your brain haha

If only i membered my stories. Only got broken bones and scars

I usually don't start vomiting until after a successful fap.

I never really hurt myself too bad.

Gnarly cut that bled for like 3 days when my suitemates and I smashed all of our shithead roommates plates when we "thought" he moved out and left all his shit.

Another time I lost my shoes at some hotel and jumped the fence to pool. I fell into a cactus. Found my shoes on the bottom of the pool the next day.

>not wanting to know the perverse things people do
>not wanting to feel better about yourself since you're not as fucked up as others

>spend all night not being able to get it up
>jizz within 30 seconds the following morning

i got a staph infection and spent over a month in the hospital
not sure if it was strictly drinking related as it manifested itself 3 days after i stopped, but i think i got the wound drinknig and then not eating didn't help

lmao

me on the right too fucking drunk to talk to anyone staring off into nothing, but not consciously realizing this so I approach some random chick and ask her what she thinks about the migrant crisis inbetween slurred words

me on the right

did you get rid of it? those can kill people.

>I had FOUR. BEERS. last night Veeky Forums, am I cool now?
these threads, man

yeah took a week to clear up then i stayed on IV antibiotics fro another week.
the first couple days i think i almost could have died, went crazy and had to be strapped to the bed though but i spent most of next couple days sleeping anyway

glad you lived, user. hope you take better care of yourself hereout.

Anyone else wake up utterly confused about where they are and feeling like they don't exist in the middle of the night?

Been happening a lot since I quit

who are you quoting?

You always been cool user. Have you found somewhere to belong yet?

yes. i would guess you also have sweaty clothes around your neck. its a symptom of your sympathetic nervous system being over-active.

Yea I do get slightly sweaty. The physical aspect of wd is mostly over, but i just slam awake in almost panic mode just repeating "fuck, fuck fuck" until my brain puts the pieces together.

no but I definitely have more nightmares

I have recurring ones about small animals biting my hands and feet or not being able to remember where to go for my next class despite not having been in school in a decade

I don't remember them anymore but might nightmares were truly terrible. Just lots of gore and sexual violence. eghh

same stuff happens to me a week after i stop drinking. it can last a while.

Ya bled 4 3 days? Fuck man.
No one is this dumb/drunk.