Whiskey thread

what's Veeky Forums's favorite devil water?

Woodford Reserve is nice

Evan Williams Black
Evan Williams Bonded
Old Grandad
Old Grandad Bonded
Buffalo Trace
TX
Garrison Brothers

Listed by price

is Evan Williams really good? it seems hard to believe for such a low price

not that poster but it's a solid 7

My favorite is likely Glen Garioch, but it is hard to choose. My most consumed is likely Bulleit rye because I'm cheap and it makes a good simple cocktail.

i keep meaning to try rye whiskey, is it drinkable straight because I'm too lazy to mix a drink

>Buffalo Trace
nice

It's drinkable, but it's usually a little rough (there's not a lot of fine ryes out there). It's typically smoother compared to a similarly aged bourbon because there's some spicy notes which work with the burn a bit better, IMO.

sounds nice actually, thanks

Got a bottle of this for Christmas.
Haven't opened it yet.
But for me, its Wild Turkey 101, the best everyday bourbon.

I had Evan Williams once and I thought it was rotgut. Old Grandad over that shit any day.

I love the one that tastes like rubbing alcohol and burnt wood

even though I know it's just another MGP product I always enjoy it

This stuff is actually pretty good for an inexpensive whiskey. Not my favourite though. Otherwise here are some of my picks:

>Johnnie Walker Black
>Inchmoan 12
>Glengoyle 18
>Deaston Virgin Oak
>Johnnie Walker Red

>evan williams and coke
Call me a pleb but the taste is nostalgic for me

Redbreast 12

Me too. The hint of barrel really gets me

The finish is really strong, but it's a really good whiskey for the price. Mixes well and if the burning mash taste is more your speed, it's good.

love me some of the cheapest whiskey I can find with a little bit of coke or ginger ale

Rye drinker reporting in.

Whistlepig 15 is my favorite, but my go-to is Rittenhouse.

Why did you include a handgun and ammunition in this picture?

short dick issues

jim beam maple

Pretty good rye right there. I like it.

Homage to Hunter?

Any suggestions for inexpensive peated whiskys good for sipping?

Soy-based life form detected

I don't drink but I'm going to try this weekend. What's good, cheap and high proof?

Doesn't have to be whiskey necessarily. Price is immaterial but it must be available at the average Canadian LC

>love
Laphroaig 10
Lagavulin 16
Ol Grandad

>like
Oban
Johnnie walker blue
Glenfiddich (either 15 or 16, I can’t remember- whatever the good one was)

>hate
Ardbeg 10
Jack daniels
Crown royal
Bulliet rye
Bushmills

>good for the money but I’d choose something else if I wanna spend $$
Johnnie walker green
Monkey shoulder
Jameson
J&B
Lagavulin 8
Gentlemen Jack
Jura

god-given right?

Can i mix it with Pepsi

My favourite scotch was a 43 year old Glenfarclas IB I had back in August. Felt like a charcuterie of flavours and some of the freshest plum notes you can get from a Speyside.

Having pic related tonight. Pretty nice stuff.

>pepsi
You can mix it with a bullet it to the head

Posting the good stuff

I'm partial to Laphroaig 10 year when my roommates actually pay me the fucking utility money they owe me but I settle for Evan Williams Black otherwise.

Glen Garioch is my shit. Their 1995 single Cask is the bomb!
WT101 and Four Roses SB are my go to's. Sadly store pick FR have gone full retarded because of secondary market.
American small cock syndrome
>>hate
>Ardbeg 10
Boo.
CC in all forms is crap outside of the 40 which is still too expensive for the flavor

CC is passable, it's $8 a fifth round here and you can't get a better mixing whiskey for the price.

shit pallet detected

found the soyboys.

Ardbeg 10 is like laphroig but I’m pretty sure they cooked isopropyl alcohol in a peat fire.
It’s a respectable drink, and I love peat but fucko, is it rough

aside from guns being awesome they actually go together.

>Buffalo trace
the name itself is reference to the buffalo trails that pioneers followed.
>The map
That map is a copy of an early map of the Gulf and the south east. The area on the map is describe as "west indies"
>The rig and gun
well guns culture is ingrained in American culture and that rig is a derivative of cowboy pistol rigs. The gun is a Smith and Wesson Model 19, one of the best revolvers ever designed.

>pic related
A British gun with a British Liquor.

You do realize it's a higher proof than the majority of the others, right? Add a bit of water, sissy.

but that's scottish whisky

>Gentlemen Jack good
>Bulliet rye misspelled and bad
How long did you huff?

Shitting on 3rd worlders that have to pay for ahmed's welfare

Best value is probably Wild Turkey rye.

My actual favourite whisky is probably Sullivan's Cove port cask.

Fuck whiskey. I accidentally told my friend I wanted to fuck a ladyboi after drinking to much whisky and he brings it up whenever he has a chance

Sucks to be you. I only ever tell things like that to my mom, and she pretends they never happened.

Wild Turkey 101
Old Grand Dad 114

Are you retarded?

Cracking these open tonight

I think your situation is a little bit worse to be honest

The scottish are british, i think you are confused.
English=British
Welsh=British
Scottish=British
Irish=British(sometimes, it depends on northern or republic of ireland and the person)

>43 years

Makes me sad these will be harder and harder to find as time goes on.

Post thoughts bro, I'm curious.

Glenmorangie for Highlander references.

But, really Dad's Hat.

for realsies, how do i mix? is it 50/50? what's an enjoyeable mix?

>pour desired amount of whisky
>pour desired amount of soda

Im new to whiskey, can anyone recommend some entry-level whiskeys? something good but not expensive, just to start with? im getting tired of black label, and I like Glenlivet 12 so far. That's pretty much all I've tried so far?

speaking of Glenlivet, why does everyone pronounce it Glen-lev-it? I always get corrected for some reason, everyone switches the i and e

Rittenhouse my nigga, pop that rye whisky cherry

how do the tastes of rye and bourbon compare to scotch?

Scotch is smoky, Bourbon is more sweet and rye is spicy. Personally I like rye the most, but it varies

any good entry-level scotches or bourbons that youd recommend that arent Jack Daniels or JB? something id find in a bar

thanks for all these responses btw

>speaking of Glenlivet, why does everyone pronounce it Glen-lev-it?

wow so turns out I was wrong this entire time, it IS Glenlivet. Maybe I'm dyslexic, or maybe ive had one too many glasses

Entry level Scotch I'd say Glenmorangie 10yr Single Malt cause It's cheap and a single malt

Bourbon I'd recommend Wild turkey 101 cause it's perfect entry level

Buying in a bar is almost never cost-efficient cause they charge more in the long run than buying a bottle, but that's your choice

>cause they charge more in the long run than buying a bottle

thats true, but i'd like to try a glass and see what i like before i buy a full bottle

cheers mate

forgot to ask, would you recommend any macallans? been hearing good things

Honestly, I don't like scotch that much so I haven't tried it, but it is one of the names that's always brought up so I'd suggest you go for it. Trying new things is part of the fun

All of them, there's not a single one they do that isn't fucking spectacular.

Well if your simply mixing then basically anything would work since you'll only taste the ethanol in the end.
>pallet
Top tier shitpost
There's no reason to include guns when posting whisky albeit mediocre whisky, this coming from a gun owner.
I'd say go with the other guy and add water or start with an easier to access peated whisky like Clynelish or Springbank which are more coastal and generally easier to get into.

Only had "From the Barrel" last night. It's my first cask-strength sample so I noticed the higher abv on my first sip, but it's not unpleasant. Smells very sweet, taste is initially sweet and fruity but has some oak spice show up quickly and ends with a little bitterness. The finish is super long, I wouldn't smoke or eat with this because the taste lingers for so long. Tastes great, the only thing that tells me it's strong is the tingling in my whole mouth when I sip. Also I got sloshed off one little glass because I'm a lightweight. If you're outside the US, I recommend it. I got mine from an airport in EU. I'll try the pure malt black either tonight or tomorrow, in whichever thread is up

I've tried this, I like the amount of sweetness from the malt and the vanilla from the barrel but I don't like the separate fruity sweetness that comes from the sherry.
What's this without the sherry? Any recommendations?

So if you were drinking Suntory you'd plop a nambu on your table?

Guns are nice. Including nice things in pictures is nice. Same with the map and the holster in the revolver/bt pic. Maybe you're just a soytist.

Might sound stupid, but did you have Monkey Shoulder? Nikka From the Barrel costs just a bit more than Monkey Shoulder where I live and I can't decide which one I should get. I'm leaning towards From the Barrel because it seems like a great whisky, while Monkey Shoulder gets recommended as a beginner scotch. What do you think?

Sadly I haven't had it yet. I know it used to be a big travel-retail exclusive that everyone raved about, and now that it's available outside airports people have calmed down about it. In that sense, From the Barrel seems to be similar, since Americans can either pay 100+ for international shipping, or get it in an airport somewhere like I did. Where do you live? That affects things. And also keep in mind if you're new to whisky, From the Barrel is a HUGE burst of flavor and I think some people will have trouble getting past the abv

I live in the EU. I'm pretty much completely new to whisky, had Jack Daniel's to see what all the rage is about and now I want to try other types of whisky.
>HUGE burst of flavor
That just makes me want to try it more. I don't get the chance to spend on nice drinks often, so I'm thinking I might as well get something exceptional.

Well if you've only had jack before, this will be totally different for you. Honestly jack is shit, and in USA it's popular with alcoholics who want something cheap, college kids who mix with coke, and people who don't know any better. Since you're in the EU, you're lucky and you can get nice international blends like this easily. I'd say go for it, if you don't like it at first then just set it aside and try some others, then come back to it later. I also recommend Nikka Coffey Malt, it's my current favorite (but these two I just got might change that after I try them some more)

> two blends in your top picks
> one of them is J fucking W fucking Red
You need to get your taste buds checked son

I just realised that the current fad for bourbon is likely to be very beneficial to the quality of scotch, and maybe even without raising the price all that much.
Keep buying that sweet American stuff goys.

>whistlepig
you know it's just rebranded alberta premium right?

why do the genral threads fall off so fast on here? the other boards' general stick around much longer

You literally do it for attention. You're no different than a nu-male who posts his face in front of shit he tries to take pictures of.

Hopefully your next realization will be that you live in a sad, meme-based delusion with little idea how the world actually works and you can finally get the help you need.

I'm starting to wonder if the exported bourbon from usa is different from what they sell within the states.
I'm in canada and i could barely choke down evan williams, tasted like paint thinner or something, couldn't even mix it and ended up giving it away. Oddly enough I love Jim Beam and enjoy it every time (except for devils cut, that's pretty bad) mainly jim beam black. I've heard many american friends tell me its horrible though, worse than JD or something?

guns are cool, nu-males aren't.
Soyboys just won't understand.

absolutely not

Evan Williams is the taste of failure, sadness and desperation

Blanton's Straight From The Barrel

Sure thing bud. Keep sipping on that sweet four roses in the meantime.

I only have a nambu magazine, not the gun itself.
though i could plop an Arisaka, i think a colt 1903 would be acceptable to.

Thinking about picking up this and giving it a shot. Any experience with the cheaper Japanese whiskeys?

I'm only just getting into whisky more seriously, and there are some cheap whiskies that I like. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. JW Red is what I'll have if I want a highball or an inexpensive sip. I keep the rest for special occasions.

Do you have any suggestions for accessible, peaty single malts?

Fucking Laphroig 10 man. Depends on where you live really but here in Italy I can get a bottle of that for 30 eurosheks. Best bang for your buck you're gonna find your whole life.
Talisker 10 is a personal favorite and it's not that expensive either (like 45 here) but again depends where you are and what your budget is.

/k/ has ATF threads where they post alcohol, tobacco, and firearms in one image and discuss their products. Probably had the image for that reason.

Thanks user, I'll check them out.

Fuck, just checked and that shit goes for like 80 Canuckbucks here...

Make sure you're not looking at cask strength. It is $70-$80 here, but normal Laphroaig 10 is $35-$45. Also make sure it doesn't have one of those fancy gift boxes that jacks up the price ridiculously.

My go to is usually bulliet rye. It's solid and is good for cocktails. Recently bought some Jefferson bourban and it's absolutely fantastic.

>lol posting my $100 handgun i got from the highway exit gun store is so cool!!! IM SUCH A BADASS XDDDDD
Nobody cares, go get laughed at on /k/ crossboarder
Ontario?