/poorfag diet/

If you had $30 to spend on food for a week, what would your shopping list look like?

I'm over my budget and going to be trying the poorfag diet next week and next week only (somebody say Amen!). My budget is strictly $30.

- no packaged ramen aka literal pigshit
- relatively balanced and healthy diet but i'm not gnawing on lettuce, I need to be full

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/elon-musk-challenge-food-budget-2016-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bag of onions, garlic, package of goya sazon, dried beans and rice
You too can live like a Puerto Rican

2kg of chicken breast
3 brocolli
frozen veges
Bread
Coleslaw
Spice
Instant coffee

Instant coffee for breakfast, chicken sandwhich with coleslaw for lunch and chicken and veges for dinner

30 in beer get free food at food bank

i would just buy twelve of these or however many you can get for 30 and try to spread them out for the week

That's quite a lot for 1 person, you don't need to be that thrifty.
No one can tell you which vegetables are in season/ look good/ are cheap at your local chinese supermarket.
Main thing would probably be just not expecting to eat meat every day.

>buying coleslaw
wtf, people do this? cabbage & carrots are generally the cheapest vegetables available.

Can't go wrong with rice. It's filling and versatile. Pair it with literally any meat. Or you could try to fry it. Add it to soup? I'm running out of ideas but rice is cool

eggs, rice, pasta, cheap meat (thighs, mince), mixed frozen vegetables

Stirfry.

Its cheap, filling and good for you when you add flavorful veggies and sauces.

For 1 person and week, it's cheaper than buying the ingredients separately

$30 a week is a standard budget for me. My cap is $125 for the month.

A single week would look something like this:

4 filet chicken breast - $4.00
4 filet pork tenderloin - $4.00
1 bag of quinoa - $6.00
1 bag of carrots - $2.00
1 bulk of celery - $2.00
4 large onion - $3.00
2 bulbs garlic - $1.00
1 carton eggs - $3.00
1 block butter - $3.00

$28.00 + tax
These are estimates, but it looks sort of like that.
This is for all three meals of the day; breakfast, lunch and dinner.

A whole cabbage is $1-2, or get a half cabbage and you can buy carrots single
You might want mayo anyway, and you can easily make it out of eggs, lemon & oil. Eggs make other meals, oil is one of the most cost effective ways of getting calories and making food nice.
The cabbage you don't use is good for other meals too.

>lean meat
fffffffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggbooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Lean doesn't mean absent. Also, the fat from the butter and eggs more than makes for a steady diet. Opinion rejected.

I would go ultimate poor and stick to as many eggs, onions, potatoes, and cheap cheese as I could stomach while saving up to buy some bulk dried items. Mix those into my ultimate poor diet until I can start throwing in some decent meats. You should be able to treat yourself with some more expensive produce from time to time even when going ultimate poor, and by the time you have a variety of big bags of dried stuff you can go for booze regularly if you want, and some truly nice pieces of meat from time to time.
If you're doing a bullshit homework assignment for living on SNAP, point out that it's supposed to be supplemental, not the entire food budget.

eggs and bread its basic as fuck but it works, thats what i eat when im on a cut, also sweet potatoes. those are usually cheap as fuck.

businessinsider.com/elon-musk-challenge-food-budget-2016-2

10kg of chicken nuggets and a bottle of ketchup

That's all true, but coleslaw is $1-$2 aswell.
If you are making for more people, or planning for more weeks then yes, buying ingredients is better (and probably tastes better) but otherwise just get the slaw

some are obviously gonna be posted multiple times ITT:
>milk
>potatoes
>bread
>butter
>flour
>eggs
>onion
>garlic
>rice or oats
>raisins
>beans
>soy sauce
>chicken (buy bulk, cut it apart and freeze at home, don't buy boneless)
>tuna or sardines
>>relish and black pepper (for the tuna)
>>>greek yogurt (replace with mayo for some weirdly healthy tuna salad) or just eat with oats and raisins
>cinnamon
>tomatoes
>lettuce
>parmigiano-reggiano
>>canned white clam sauce
>>>pasta

Get all produce from a cheap farmer's stand somewhere if possible, eggs might be cheaper there too, the fruit won't last as long, but if you cook some of the meals in advance and freeze them all in the same day, you're be all set, try to find things in season to save money.

Make sure to look at the weekly circular for sales, so you can actually get shit you like sometimes, Also, put some money aside for bulk almonds if you get a side gig, and just eat small handfuls here and there.

watch a brothers (((green))) challenge on yt

I used to buy cheap normal yogurt and strain it. Used the strained juice in dressings, shakes, and bread.

2.5kg bag of flour
Jar of yeast
2kg of lentils
Several kg of cabbage, onions, and carrots
A kg of some cereal (I like barley)
A couple dozen eggs
And the rest spend on things like tinned tomatoes or cheap fruits.

Assuming you have a decent spice cabinet on hand, you can make different types of lentil soups and stews. Use the flour and yeast to make your own bread. Make lots of it so you always have bread with meals or for snacks. Make savory porridge with the barley. Boil eggs as snacks. Create light stocks with seasoning and the bits/ends of the vegetables. If you want, maybe even buy a little tinned fish. Tuna and sardines pair decently with eggs.

Stuff will carry over into the next week. Use any extra money to expand out. But as a base diet, I would say what is listed works pretty. It's modest, but it beats the time I watched a poorfag roommate I had subsist on ramen for a month.

I've heard fasting is alright, so maybe I'd just not eat for a week, become less fat and spend the money elsewhere.

>parmigiano-reggiano
That is like $15/lb here at the cheapest.

Well you can grind it up and it will last a few months if you only use it for spaghetti. I'd go to Aldi for cheese if possible.

Whole bunch of cheap bread bananas eggs chicken thighs rice and beans

>cutting off moldy bits of expensive cheese regularly because I'm too poor to buy it and use it appropriately
So that ups it a couple more dollars per pound. I'd rather go for a steak. I mean, if you really want parmigiano reggiano, it's doable, but we're talking poor here.

people need more then 30$ a week ?
i mean sometimes a i spend a bit more for my herbs and spices.

this is a great recommendation. my only caution is the flour/bread, because some people might not be able to digest the big bad gluten. also, some studies suggest wheat blocks your ability to absorb nutrients, so by eating wheat with meals you're actually fucking yourself in terms of nutrient absorption.

for me, i would have beans & rice instead of bread...beans and rice, eaten together, supply a complete amino acid chain. i don't understand the exact science of it but you can look it up.

what exactly does wheat & bread do, except make you feel full, and give you carbs/sugar intake. also, most people don't know how to make bread so assuming OP does not, he would need to focus on learning. eggs also add up in cost unless you can find a good supplier. i get a rack of ~30 eggs for around 3.50 usd from a small grocer who sources from farmers, not a huge supermarket, but price is still pretty good for that quality. if you're a living in the jewnited sharts of america you can go to walmart and get a dozen eggs for $1 or $2 but it's shit-tier quality.

anyway, back to my remark about bread vs. beans & rice. compared to bread, beans and rice are easier to make. you just soak and boil. if you don't have a rice cooker, so what, it takes like 30 mins of hanging out in your kitchen and letting it simmer. it's so easy and nutritious. go for a sack of white rice, sardines for protein and fats, eggs, some good hearty veg like cabbage, root veg, and you're good to go.

if you wan to save even more time, bulk meal prep everything and have them in containers so whenever you need to eat you can just microwave. eating should not be hard. it's just about taking in nutrients to fuel your body and brain.

nignore all the faggot trends like "plating" and "presentation" and "dining out" and you can save a lot of time and money. saving money is saving time. even a typical fast food meal costs around $8 these days. that adds up.

i used to blow fiat like a retard just on drinks

pics or it didn't happen
with time stamp please and thank you

>I watched a poorfag roommate I had subsist on ramen for a month.

I mean me and my friend made it through three months on ramen, bread and beer back in the poorfag college kid days.

30 cans of sardines in siracha, olive oil, tomato, and hot sauce

Dozen eggs.
Bread (I like baguette or Russian rye)
Whatever cheap fish I could find probably cod, red snapper and maybe salmon.
Basic cheap veggies (onions, carrots, musheooms, etc)
Some citrus fruit
Hummus
Nuts/dried fruit
Small bag of chips
A frozen pizza (Dr Oetker for me only $3 on sale)
Rice
Pasta
Jar of tomato sauce.

Should be about $30

Oh and get some canned tuna

It's just a preference of mine. Bread isn't all bad. Flour has roughly the same protein account as rice. And I believe wheat would form a complete amino acid chain when paired with lentils.

The nutrient blocker claim is typically associated with the phytic acid found in wheat. However, phytic acid is found in many plants, including legumes, in similar amounts.

I just find flour extremely cheap. And op could learn to make a leavened flatbread in a half hour. I agree with you that beans and rice make an excellent poor meal, but I just wanted to throw out other examples the he could try.

I'm sorry m8

Traditional poverty protein is any sort of legume with any sort of grain. I've lived entire weeks on black bean stew and bread I've baked myself, more out of not feeling like cooking than poverty though.