Daily reminder that publishing without a nom de plume is LITERALLY being a tripfag IRL

Daily reminder that publishing without a nom de plume is LITERALLY being a tripfag IRL.

Why do you want to be an acknowledged writer? What's the end goal, making your high school bullies jealous (you think they'll even care or not just find you to be even more of a dork?), getting women (you think they'll truly like YOU more then, and not just enjoy your fame/money?), making money (to spend it on more hot pockets and video games?)?
You're lost. Seeking fame is shameful. Have some pride and integrity you wanker.

Other urls found in this thread:

poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/submit
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/yi-fen-chou-white-author-uses-asian-pen-name-because-it-helps-him-get-published-more-often-10490578.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Poetry Foundation pays 10$ a line with 300$ minimum. Plus there's difference between being recognized here and IRL. I'll let you guess which one is better.

Whore.

>Poetry Foundation pays 10$ a line with 300$ minimum.
I-I can get paid for a poem? H-how?

I'd use my second name (don't ike the first one and nobody knows me by the second) and change the spelling of my last name

poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/submit

But of course they have to decide to publish the piece. It's not like you submit a poem and they pay you.

I agree. I've only published one thing and I regret having my name and photograph associated with it, as it's now online for normies to see if they decide to google my name to find out what the weird kid from highschool is up to.

Do I have to be American, lads?

Enjoy sabotaging your career.

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/yi-fen-chou-white-author-uses-asian-pen-name-because-it-helps-him-get-published-more-often-10490578.html

>it's now online for normies to see if they decide to google my name to find out what the weird kid from highschool is up to
this is my greatest fear in the world. i'm glad someone else shares this incredibly specific paranoia with me

Take some pride in your work, user

Third user here. I just don't want anyone to ever look me up or somehow discover who I was when I was a teenager/kid. I don't know why, I'd just kms.

For the Poetry Foundation submissions, I don't believe you need to be American. Only that the work you submit is in English or translated to English. I've only read the basic guidelines for submission. There may be more in-depth information in a more technical listing of guidelines, but that's not a certainty.

Fourth user here. Damn, anons, we understand each other. I just want to live a life in anonymity, I get almost obsessed by it. Sometimes I even think I can't kill myself because everyone from my little home town would talk about it - the way people do. The gossip, the drama and the fake sympathy. I also don't want to go into academia for the sole reason of it requiring your public appearance. You have to publish under your own name, publicly defend your work, really sell yourself as a person when applying for jobs, etc etc.

Pessoa had it figured out.

Should we just off ourselves?

agreed. every writer who goes around giving interviews, just basking in their newfound identity of being a "literary man" is an embarrassing roleplayer. The best writers are those who either know this, and thus don't take their fame setiously, or avoid it completely

Prime example: Knausgard

Yup, I think writing under a pseudonym is pretty smart, particularly if you're looking to write things that would be seen as controversial. If you're writing things, however, that would be perfectly acceptable in mainstream media and to people with a leftist mindset, then I see no harm in going with your real name if you're proud of what you write.

>demanding 30 lines
Fucking wankers

Fifth user here, yes.

Fifth user here
>tfw you were an edgy memester as a teenager
I guess being a internet teenager in the '00s was a great deal. I mean, I have to worry about people discovering that I've started as a pleb of the worst kind, but at least I'm not compromised as someone who has spent their teenagehood on /pol/ in the mid '10s. Still, I'd rather kill myself than have intellectual peers aknowledge that I used to WRITE LIEK THIS!!!1!1. Who the hell can recover from that, especially as a writer?
>tfw there will be a fair share of great writers who happened to be nazi ws on /pol/ when they were 14

I should leave this place, I don't belong here with you broken losers

>not publishing under "Anonymous"

Anything else is literally .reddit

No, they don't demand 30 lines. It's just that 300$ is their minimum payout.

if I submit my poems under Andrea Yunique Hernandez, will I get charged for fraud after they publish every piece of garbage I submit?

>being consumed by something this stupid and raging about it on the interwebs