Press F

Press F

F.

Why does Veeky Forums love Fantasy Douglas Adams so much while hating Real Douglas Adams?

I get not wanting them published, and not wanting some shithead descendant doing a Christopher Tolkien/ Herbert thing on them.

But its a shame to destroy something that may be of interest to future writers and biographers. Could have just been kept in an achieve hat the family give specific access to.

>for ever

who cares Mort was the only good thing he ever wrote anyway

I could see if maybe Prachett didn't want them published because his Alzheimer's were effecting the quality of his writing. But if the stories about the Sheperd's Crown are true than I don't see the point.

This is literally the first time I've ever seen him mentioned here. Although, maybe I just tune those out.

I wish I could read them, but I also understand why, as an author, you wouldn't want anyone to see your unfinished works.

Good for him. His writing was slipping in his later years, so it's for the best.

Fuck, DW was such a big part of my childhood. RIP.

>I save about twenty drafts — that's ten meg of disc space — and the last one contains all the final alterations.
>Once it has been printed out and received by the publishers, there's a cry here of 'Tough shit, literary researchers of the future, try getting a proper job!' and the rest are wiped.

The absolute madman, to the last.

I like Douglas Adams.

Mort isn't even the best of the Death novels my guy.

It's a genius move. It guaranteed that his last act would be something funny.

This.

It's just the continentals hating him for being correct.

Some greedy nephew or whoever inherits it years down the line will try to cash in, better it goes out like this

I think Douglas Adams surpasses Pratchett in every single way. Does Veeky Forums in general really hate Adams? I've never noticed

I think it's more that people here don't have a sense of humor, or think that all books need to be some massively ambitious redefining of the modern novel. He's a very solid writer, and much more clever and engaging than most genre writers.

HHa that image is hilarious. What is up with the bread?

No he isn't, he's a limp-wristed liberal peabrain.

I used to think Adams was really unique. Then I read Little Dorrit. Adams may be zany, but his fundamental satire isn't as good as Dickens's with the Circumlocution Office.

> if the stories about the Sheperd's Crown are true
What stories?

>Wallace in his final hours had "tidied up [his] manuscript so that his wife could find it.

Who had the better approach?

Pratchett, at lest he had the common curtsy to clean up his graphomaniac puke

Why did this wacky lad kill himself again?

bazinga

F