Suggest me some surrealist authors, I've only read Kobo Abe and Kafka so far

Suggest me some surrealist authors, I've only read Kobo Abe and Kafka so far

Samuel Beckett's Trilogy, or you can go straight to Waiting For Godot

Boris Vian. I've only read Heartsnatcher but it was fantastic.

small question about kafka/gregor samsa.

I always read like 10-15 pages, but the thing I was always confused about.
Does he become a human size bug? And when he tries to get up from the bed he doesn´t even think "mh, why the fuck am I a bug now?". will the latter at least be explained in the book?

Borges

Jorge Luis Borges, Dino Buzzati, Italo Calvino (Cosmicomics especially) and Gabriel Garcia Marquez (his short stories like "A Very Old Man With Enormous Wings" or "The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World" jump to mind instantly) are what I would check out.

After that I would look at some surrealist/absurdist theatre like Beckett as was previously mentioned. Pinter might tickle your fancy as well.

House of Incest by Anais Nin (you may enjoy it more if you watch the film Henry & June first - which was the first movie ever to get NC17 rating)

Daniil Kharms

I hope you've seen the film adaptions of Kobo Abe, they are fucking sublime.

dude from where u pulled this ugly picture?! from ass?

From otherm's pussy yours, or? Fuck you guy aye, or?

No, no and no.

It wasn't real. It was all in his cerebral ganglia.

This, as well as Urmuz. The fun part of surrealism.

I will check them out, didn't even know about them

Thank you all for the replies, love u

>surrealist
Those aren't surrealist authors, dear child.

Yeah i know it doesn't really fit for Kafka but what I meant is clear; why isn't Abe a surrealist tho?

neither are surrealists
surrealist authors are like breton, bataille, aragon

Aight I'll check them out

Autists will tell you that surrealism is a movement tied to a specific time and place, with a narrowly defined artistic and political mission. And they'd be right. Just because something is surreal doesn't make it surrealist.

This one is a little-known book, written by a little-known author from a little-known country. It's really something, though.

White Shroud by Antanas Skema

>what is surrealist
>what is absurd
lole lele

Read Cortazar my hombre

>People putting Abe and Kafka into the same category

Feels wrong on so many levels. A lot of Abe's works reflect on how our own vices and desires trap everyone in our own personal hell from time to time.

The fact that Gregor doesn't much comment on his bugness is a crucial part of the story. Knowledge up my friend.

Can Xue

>It wasn't real;y happening exactly as described.
pleb

I absolutely love Kafka.

I read Die Verwandlung a couple months ago and just finished reading Amerika after finishing Der Prozeß this week as well.
Im gonna pick up Das Schloß soon as well and then the short stories.
I love that kike.
Prepare for a Kafka thread soon!