How do I add more flavour to a vegetable meat stew with red wine...

How do I add more flavour to a vegetable meat stew with red wine? I've cooked my stew for 40 minutes and the flavour was really disappointing.

Thyme, rosemary and bay leaf are always good. Also, should simmer it at least 2-3 hours. Did you use a mirepoix and garlic? Did you brown the meat and deglaze the pan?

Add stock. Beef, chicken, veal, any stock.

I did use garlic, bay leaf and browned the meat. Maybe I didn't add enough garlic (2 cloves). I'll try adding the thyme and rosemary.

bay
vinegar
salt

Sear your meat in a pan to get some color on it. A bit of browning is good. After you sear it off add the beef stock and let it simmer for a long time till the beef is tender.

Then take chopped onion, celery, carrot and mushroom in another pan and saute that with a bit of garlic. Deglaze with the red wine.

Add together with the tender beef and broth.

Add diced potato, pea, corn. Add rosemary, thyme

Thicken with a roux. Test salt level.

For the next 20 mins or so put dumplings on top and lid it on a low simmer. This cooks the potato and the dumplings.

If you're missing the flavour and depth that beef gives you the easiest solution is to use a bunch of beef stock. Other than that I'm not sure, you might want to look into doing tomato based soups or stews.

cook it for another three hours

sear and coat in flour, dont bother with the roux. your problem is you didnt simmer for long enough, it should be brewing for like 3-6 hours mang.
>add a fucking bullion bro!
read the back of a beef stew premix seasoning and imitate it, a bullion won't help i assure you.

cook longer - (stews make their own stock)
Worcestershire sauce
vinegar - you shouldn't taste it
hot sauce - again you shouldn't taste it but just enough
bullion

>hot sauce
Will just peppers do?

add curry and chili

Add some beef bouillon granules or better than bouillon to what liquid you already have. 1tsp at a time

TOMATO PASTE
O
M
A
T
O

P
A
S
T
E

it's a bit too late for that. But yeah, tomato paste is good just after browning the meat.

just drink all the wine instead next time
then you won't care what the stew tastes like

>just mom blog things.

>40 minutes
breh this isnt fast food

you forgot the fucking SALT breh

Screw it. I'm ordering take-out.

>How do I add more flavour to a vegetable meat stew with red wine? I've cooked my stew for 40 minutes and the flavour was really disappointing.

Your liquid - stock or water? If it was water, you need to use a lot more vegetables than you'd expect, and cook them for a long time until half your water is gone.

Try some balsamic

order a pizza and throw it in the stew.

What I usually do is brown off my meat and then just before I add the beef broth I add one of those beef stew flavor packets. They are just a bit of spices and beef flavor but I coat the meat with it and it goes into the sauce.

Its a cheat for adding flavor to stew.

Like also using some beef base. I dont keep cubes in the house but I use the paste like beef base you can get from Gordon Food Service. Restaurant quality base.

This stuff for added beef flavor.

>HFCS
Americans are disgusting.