We STRONGLY encourage submissions from persons of color, immigrants and the undocumented...

>we STRONGLY encourage submissions from persons of color, immigrants and the undocumented, and members of the LGBQT community ;)
>Take a look at what we publish to get an idea of our journal! --> Life
is
sad

my feelings
are hurt

>Trump
is evil

^^^WINNER OF THE 2017 POETRY CONTEST

Of course I'm only slightly exaggerating, but this is a big problem with modern day publishing. What are we to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

fluland.com/
thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=2016
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Submit to journals and publishers that aren't retarded.

Da fuck are you even talking?
Links or gtfo

>What are we to do?
We flood them with no libtard works

Very rare and hard to find. If you can link me to such examples, please do

Every single outlet on submittable and other major publishing sites

>flood them with no libtard works
As if they would accept them, they want to appeal to the masses

Has it occured to you that people completely different to you are more interesting and novel to read, because you already know about those similar to you?

Are you retarded?

I believe you're missing the point. And no, it's not interesting to read garbage prose poetry about bleeding vaginas and "muh fascist trump" that was typed in 10 minutes. Fuck yourself

no one wants to read your gay fantasy story. stories about trannies are 100% more entertaining.

name two

not OP, but I can confirm. Been writing for 2 years and been researching the market for the past half year, managed to get one story published(I write a lot of short form horror/dark speculative) and 8/10 magazines that pander to my sort of niche have that explicit "we highly encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds black LGBQT etc communities to submit"

I've actually had rejection letters that stated that although they loved my story, they already had an overwhelming amount of submissions and wanted to expand their demographic, and me being a white male seemed to indicate I was prime for the cut list

Examples of mags I have seen this done with-
Apex magazine
Strange horizons
Shimmer
Clarkseworld

Those are four of the biggest pro paying markets I've found that seem to pander exclusively to this, and when I go to read some of their back issues literally every protagonist is either a rugged resourceful woman or some kind of non binary homosexual something or other. Strongly considering pulling a Laird Barron and just making 90% of my characters gay or lesbian and see if this appeases the editors of all these lit mags.

>tfw gay
I don't think my writings are what they're looking for though. Faggotry has somehow sanitised, in spite of its superficially increasing flamboyance. I submitted a story once about my sexual awakening via shit on Wikipedia. Is the world ready for video game animal boners and 8 hour /d/ edging stints? Maupassant wrote stories about fat syphilitic prostitutes and DIY abortions, Leon Bloy about all manners of fucked up shit. The 50s greeted Mishima's fantasies of devouring classmates favourably.

Can you post a link to your published story? I'd be interested to see what kind of garbage do you write, that makes you feel entitled about your work over others', who have had much fewer opportunities to be read.

Never mind, I'm sure they actually love your story and told you to fuck off because they don't want good content. Just like cunts are quick to tell whatever lie comes up first so they can get away from you without you sperging out, and get dicked by someone else instead. Alas, the injustice of our times!

it's not prose poetry, fucking idiot.

Yeah, that's what poetry is today, you obviously haven't had experience publishing poetry or anything for that matter.
I don't write fantasy nor do I write stories
Yeah, it's bleak in my opinion. I recently submitted under a mongolian pseudonym and what do you know, I had a 50% increase in my acceptances!
I want to start my own journal but I lack the resources and skills required. What coding skills would I need to learn?

>slightly exaggerating
your dumb

I visited /mu/ for the first time the other day. They have bad taste in music, but it wasn't overrun by utter fucking drivel.

Lesson: pretending to read makes you pretend to be a wanna-be authoritarian dickhead until you actually become one. Though you never actually read.

>Every single outlet on submittable and other major publishing sites

literally link to an example or fuck off

Are you a tranny or a black?

Why is this board so fucking brainwashed.

Go to submittable. Go to poetry magazine. Go to the Kenyon Review. You don't have an idea of what you're trying to defend

this

this was a fun comment

check out fluland.com/

Spotted the tranny

It's easy to spot the trannies and the SJWs and all the other lefty faggots because they love taking words used on their degenerate asses and using them back on us as buzzwords devoid of all worth.

Why? Because they're too stupid to fully understand the meaning of these words, or that there's something wrong with them and people on this planet know more about mental illnesses like transgenderism and leftism than them.

This board is under attack because there are no intelligent black philosophers. The closest the blacks have to heroes are the rabble-rousing power-grabbers, and the odd quarter-black woman that made coffee for people that actually mattered to NASA. SJWs don't want you to notice this.

/co/ is under attack because right after Rick and Morty got half its writers fired and replaced by diversity hires, the writing quality dipped and the SJW one started using the show to work through his "Confusing feelings" about his shit marriage and divorce. Rick's an infinitely-powerful god now with no enemies or reason to care when he gets into this week's jam. Also, people like mocking the shit tumblr art style, and that's triggering. SJWs don't want you thinking these things.

www.mostdamagingwikileaks.com

Liberals are retarded sheep that think the above link will lead you down the path of racism, sexism, bigotry, and evil. Enlightened individuals learn the truth before saying what the other Intelligent People Club Members say.

/pol/ was right, the Jews control the media, the Globalists push diversity, aaaaand thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=2016 This is a good link.

Life would be easier for you if we stopped posting and let you SJWs run wild over this board, but there needs to be at least one site where people that still read can speak freely.

why are we so smart and everyone else do dumb bros?

you're delusional

I didn't realize this board was full of women and shitskin liberals who blindly followed propaganda and cultural enrichment until I entered this thread

I sincerely hope you're all just being "xD SO IRONICCCC JUST LIKE DFW XD"

>says the liberal
Go watch some CNN sweetie

A thread that is nearly nineteen hours old should have a lot more posts in it, I think I'll dump some Yotsuba to balance things out.

itt: a whole lotta triggered butthurt

>he reads cartoon books

Why are you here

more of the same self-centered projections
good luck, burgerman, you'll need it

You leave my goddamn cartoons alone you goddamn dirty filthy apes!!!

Thank you Chemo-chan.

Does anyone on this board read or do they just complain about their shitty poetry?

The liberals are too busy crying about mean words and books :c

Also, OPs thread wasn't crying, it was a valid point and could have been discussed. But as we see, this board is full of dumbasses

>tfw you have a popular black first name but are actually white

maybe this will increase my chance of getting published. So long as they never see a picture of my pasty ass

>OPs thread wasn't crying
it was complaining

What is the name of her tall friend?

imagine taking time out of your day to type this. your existence must be an unending circus

god you're so new it hurts, go read stoner

>how can we fix this

Rightfully complaining. I think you're complaining more than he was.
I've been here before you came here from a news article, not sure why you think someone who isn't a gay kike isn't someone who's been on the board long.

>Of course I'm only slightly exaggerating, but this is a big problem with modern day publishing. What are we to do?

Stop exaggerating, probably.

>Rightfully complaining
that no one wants to read his shitty tfw no gf story?
no one on this board has an ounce of talent, OP is a pathetic fag deluding himself if he thinks anything else

Holy fuck why are you so angry about this?
He stated the problem that is modern publishing, not his own work. Why are you on a literature board when you cannot read?
I bet you're a woman.

Speak for yourself, bucketcrab

>Holy fuck why are you so angry about this?
im not angry
>He stated the problem that is modern publishing
which is patently false
note that he didn't actually post his story
>Why are you on a literature board when you cannot read
i definitely read more than you
>I bet you're a woman
wrong again
prove me wrong, id be pleasantly surprised

Who knows if he is right or not because all he has done is 'slightly exaggerate' what modern publishers are accepting. He's just complaining because he's shit.

This is true. If you have to exaggerate to get a point across you're probably bad at writing because you can't think sensibly.

>I'm not angry
You must be.
>patently false
This just shows you have NEVER pubblished anything or tried. I love spotting how lefties defend things they don't know. Also, he never ONCE stated he wrote stories. And if he did, he didn't need to post it, why would he?
>More well read xD
No. I swear to you you're not.
>wrong
Then you're some hipster faggot. Post face. Send contact info. Please post writing.

>You must be
whatever helps you sleep at night
>This just shows you have NEVER pubblished anything or tried
I never said I was an aspiring writer.
>why would he?
so we can accurately determine if his writing deserves to be published.
hint: he doesn't
>No. I swear to you you're not.
whatever helps you sleep at night (x2)
>Then you're some hipster faggot
nope

WELL THEN YOU WOULDN'T FUCKING KNOW ABOUT PUBLISHING YOU TWAT

There's a 0% chance that his writing is anything but pure trash.
Find me a single person with talent on this board

>swears OP is wrong about publishing
>defends his empty view
>"I'm not a writer"
>believes he knows the situation in publishing

The true state of this board, ladies and gentlemen

see

>I'm not a writer

Then why are you pretending to know anything about publishing.

You fucked up kiddo

see (x2)