I'm going to use up all my vacation time and rent a cabin out in the woods...

I'm going to use up all my vacation time and rent a cabin out in the woods, what is some recommendations for books to lose myself in while I'm cut off from the outside world?

You best start training now for when the skinwalkers/fleshgaits come for you. Lurk /x/ and read books on skinwalkers.

My wife and I are doing this for a week this October in the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia.

I'm planning to read Mason and Dixon

I have, and I can safely say they're nothing but a bunch of

Looks like a good read! I'll put it on the list.

>not wanting to get supremely comfy by creeping yourself out
do you hate life?

How about a book about a man who lived in a cabin out in the woods?

Walden is of course essential cabin core.

You might enjoy The Dharma Bums out there as well.

That skinwalker shit is creepy as hell. I've been stalked in the woods at night by two people (?) and I still am trying to figure out what the fuck was happening.

And OP, try losing yourself in nature instead of reading books about people losing themselves in nature. Or at least do it before/after your vacation.

how to survive in the wild

tell the story. All the juicy details.

Uncle Tom's Cabin

Here you go, now give me some (You)s

This spring I decided to go out alone to a national park a couple counties over just to get away and practice my innawoods skills. I hiked about three or four miles in off trail until I found a spot to make camp and I chilled out by my fire. Around 10 pm I hear footsteps of something definitely bipedal walking slow, measured steps toward me. When they got about 20 yards away, I grabbed my machete and pointed my flashlight out. The footsteps stopped and two big green eyes looked directly at me (about the right size for night vision). I called out a hello, no response. So I sat with the light off staring in his direction. Five minutes later the footsteps start again and go into a full sprint to the left (I also remember hearing some kind of scream/squawk). Then nothing. 10 minutes later I hear footsteps coming from the opposite direction. I shine my light out, and it's the same green eyes. I then packed my shit and hiked out in the dark with no further incident.

Bring bearspray with you

It works better than a pistol at getting bears to fuck off. Can't help you with the skinwalkers and cougars though.

Also, you're going to be bored to treats. My family's got a cabin that we go up and visit a few times a year and aside from walking around in the area a bit (local town's grown so much that the cabin is now in its suburbs...) there really isn't much of anything to do.

Mostly we get drunk and shitpost irl

Trust me, you will not be able to just sit and read for 16 hours of the day. Your most eventful moments will be collecting firewood and cooking/eating.

Humans don't have the thing in the eye that reflects light like other animals do. We used to, but evidently all the humans with that mutation died off for some reason.

Also we don't have a nictating membrane either, which I think is really stupid because it seems really really useful

>cabin out in the woods
Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus
Unabomber Manifesto

This reminds me to pick up my screenplay idea about a man going on a road trip across the Yorkshire Moors or Lake District with a friend who is actually a skinwalker. Want those atmospheric paranoiac spooks.

Recommended mountaineering lit?

Thus Spake Zarathustra

a yoga book will aloow you to swallow your own cum direct from the cock

Read these guys. I imagine it would be interesting to do so in a cabin setting.

My diary, desu.

I am also very soon going on a solitary trip where I will have a lot of free time.
I am planning on only bringing Moby Dick and Der Zauberberg and read them as much as I can over and over again.
>also a pocketsize bible

W A L D E N

A W E E K

C A P E C O D

Bullshit, you just suck at cabin wooding

Reading Industrial Society and Its Future in a cabin would be an interesting experiment.

>Trust me, you will not be able to just sit and read for 16 hours of the day
I just spent a week out in the boonies. I spent at least 8 hours a day reading. The rest of the time was spent doing fun and relaxing outdoors stuff

Why would you need to rent a cabin? Just sleep in the woods.

Ew

People here please do this and report back with your findings.

that's fuckin' creepy.
My favorite Skinwalker story is just simple, (I heard it off one of those top15 videos) Where a couple guys drive out to a ranch in the middle of fuck nowhere to do... something. Anyway, one guy gets out, while the other guy drives around in the truck, and they're in communique via walkie talkies. So the guy in the truck is driving around when he sees a big dog sitting in the distance. He grabs his walkie talkie and calls his buddy,
"hey do you see that huge dog?"
to which his buddy replies,
"THAT'S NOT A DOG, RUN IT OVER!"

>just fuckin' die babe
>just let the earth consume you and return to worms, babe

Far out man

Seconding this.

>Control F Edward Abbey
>0 Results
Step up your game lit. Same goes for John Muir and Aldo Leopold