I wanna try something new with chicken breast...

I wanna try something new with chicken breast. I usually pan cook it and add some seasoning with white wine vinegar but it's getting old.

What would y'all recommend?

>inb4 into the trash

I marinate it, blacken it in a hot pan for a couple min on each side then put it in a 300F oven with vented foil on top.

I cooked chicken breast for the week and the thought of 3 more days of that shit is making me depressed and nauseated.

Sounds interesting. What do you marinate it with?

>eating weekold chicken

a brinerade... lime juice, some sort of salty seasoning (generic old bay in my case), red pepper flakes, white sugar, and a bit of oil. a couple hours is usually sufficient

chicken parm is pretty easy.

A cheap and easy thing to help is to brine it in pickle juice. I make lots of pickles and the leftover liquid is always used to soak a few sliced breasts overnight.

Mix whiskey, molasses, honey, vinegar, garlic, chili flake, onion, tomato paste, a plum or two, sage, and some salt. Use enough to coat the chicken in a bag and remove as much air as you can. Vacuum seal if you have the ability. Let that marinate over night or at least a couple hours. Simmer the rest for a few hours and watch the consistency. Add a little water if needed to keep it from caramelizing or getting too thick. Puree that then strain, adjust seasoning. Season and grill the chicken, brushing on sauce after having flipped it.

Chicken Parm or Chicken cordon blue.

Chicken Masala is with mushrooms masala wine and pasta.

Cube it up and fry it in a pan with mexican spices then braise it till it shreds. Make Enchiladas.

We have a family favorite I call a Chicken Puff.

Think of like a Beef Wellington but with a Chicken breast and Boursin Cheese not mushrooms.

I take some store bought Puff pastry and I wrap a grilled chicken breast with the cheese.

Egg wash it and bake it off. Its best if its on a cooking rack

Sweet and sour chicken or General Tso Chicken are also yummy.

Grilled chicken skewers with Chorizo Sausage, bell peppers, onions and Mushrooms.

Serve with saffron rice and a spicy mayo dipping sauce.

I've done it for years. Recently I would pan fry a bunch on tuesday and eat till sunday, but since it was breaded and fried it wasn't depressing to eat. Now though I'm trying cooking a little bit for myself each night instead of "meal prep" since I've never done that before, and I've got my kitchen routine down to a science as far as reducing cleanup time and utensils used.

Now, straight up baked chicken thighs. That's depressing.

not OP but i got a chicken question:

About a week ago I bought a couple chicken breasts that were due to go bad the following day. I cooked one package and threw another package in the freezer.

I put the freezer chicken into the fridge just over 24 hours ago so it'd defrost, was gonna slowcook em and use em for meals for a few days. I don't think i'll have time to slow cook em tonight before I go to sleep. Will the breasts still be okay if I leave em in the fridge & cook them tomorrow instead?

Stir fry with vegetables like broccoli or green beans.

Probably, you can tell with your nose if it smells funny at all dont chance it.

Marinate them in a bit of oil, soy, garlic, ginger, honey and chili sauce senpai

Pan cook it and add some seasoning with RED wine vinegar

Cool thanks, what kinda smell should I be looking for of it being "off"? I've done the smell test before but I always end up psyching myself out lol, good ones smell kind of like milk right?

For something simple but delicious, pan cook your chicken breast with herbs like normal, but at the end, remove chicken from pan, deglaze pan with stock, let it cook down a bit, then add a bit of butter and swirl the pan to incorporate the butter with the reduced stock, and taste for seasoning. Then add the chicken back to the pan just long enough to get hot and coated with pan sauce. Plate and pour pan sauce over.

Much worse than milk. It's a horrid smell, I don't know how to describe. But it smells fucking dead. And realistically, even then you could eat it, if you cook it to 200°+F. It'll be dry as fuck and taste bad, but it won't hurt you.

I notice a tang before it gets that bad

i just rub that shit with pepper and my secret sauce and toss it in the oven like a jew

Marinate them, wrap them in bacon, stuff them with spinach or cheese. Chicken breast is pretty damn versatile

Easy BBQ Chicken

Just wrap the breast with some BBQ sauce in aluminum foil and bake it in the oven for about 30 mins

I was actually going to make some stuffed with mushrooms and onion tomorrow and wrapped with bacon. The bacon works great for holding the filling in.

Mix
>1/2 cup chicken stock
>1 tablespoon rice vinegar
>3 tablespoons soy sauce
>3 cloves of garlic or 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic
>1 tablespoon brown sugar
>1 1/2 tablespoon corn starch
you now have a pretty standard stir fry sauce. Dice up 1 lb of chicken breast into 1/2" or so cubes, wok fry until they're almost done but not quite. Remove chicken. Begin making rice according to instructions on the bag. 1/4 cup dry per serving. Toss a bag (or two) of frozen stir fry veggies into wok (because I'm a lazy fuck and am not chopping vegetable for this) and fry them for 10 minutes. Re add chicken. Add sauce, let it thicken a little, then mix it together. Put on top of rice.
The hardest part is I forget the rice every time, but it's bretty gud all the same.

>B-But muh Sal Moneller

cool, thanks user

If it's bad, you'll know and you won't have any doubt. Meat that's gone bad smells truly foul.

Marinate in soysauce, garlic, brown sugar, let it sit over night stir fry with broccoli.
>Walah
Enjoy

curry chicken

Pound flat, bread with tortilla chip crumbs, roll with chili powder, chopped green olives, and colby cheese.

Put it in a blender with some chives, garlic, and milk. Pulse it into a paste and then line the bottom of a glass pan with it and bake it.

just opened the catalog and saw this wtf?
pick a better picture tard

bark

Yes.

buy cheaper cuts of chicken. breast is overrated.

Mustard and breadcrumbs

Smother in barbecue sauce

Cut into small bits, get some onion and bell peppers, cook it up toghter. White man's stir fry

>oven safe container
>chicken in
>onion, other vegetables and seasoning of your choise
>normal fat cream in, 4dl / ~1,7cups
>+200C/392(?)F for about 40 minutes

serve with rice or what the fuck you want, i usually make a greek salad

>make a spice mix, cumin, paprika and a touch of cinnamon (just take my word it works, balances out the other strong spices)
>rub spice mix onto chicken
>wrap up the breast into foil, place directly into oven(keeps the breast super moist compared to panfry)
>serve with some baked potato/salad/whatever you want
really quick and simple recipe, tastes great

ok heres what you do.
get a bread and pound it
slice it into strips then marinate it for an hour in water, sugar, thyme, cayenne pepper, worshitsire sauce, oyster sauce, and seasoning salt. once you do, get a jalapeno and slice it in half. grab the chicken strips from the marinate, bread it with seasoned flower, then stick the jalapeno half onto it with toothpicks and deep fry
serve with ghost chili sauce
wa la

sounds like a good recipe for one of those memestant pots

>bread it with seasoned flower, then stick the jalapeno half onto it with toothpicks and deep fry
sounded so good until it turned into TGI Fridays

then panfry it with some more salt and catenne then whity it isnt like the cucuy is going to eat you if you dont follow what i say

My question for cooking chicken breast is this anons. I recently bought one of those gimmicky 7 in 1 cookers (which has actually been great so far). It comes with a steaming function i want to try. So the question is, should i sear the chicken before/after i steam it or just steam it? Any tips for steaming chicken?