Crispy golden brown hash browns

Crispy golden brown hash browns.

Here comes the trick.

Keep some in the freezer and save your leftover bacon fat.

Panfry them in the bacon lard.

Med heat and flip them a few times so they brown evenly.

The bacon flavor goes well with potato and panfrying them is the best way to get it crispy.

Oh, I thought we were going to talk about the trick where you use greased paper like the pioneers did instead of glass in your windows.

Wrong. Use fresh potato instead of that crap and just wring it out like hell after you grate it. Then fry it in whatever. Flip once or quit cooking you savage

Those things used to be my crack. I cut fast food shit out of my diet for awhile and now I can't stand that great puck of potato shit.

Feels bad man.

I understand hash-browns, latkes, and shit. But how do make a tater-tot stay together properly?

Who the fuck cooks enough bacon to store the fat? Are you American?

I have 200g of bacon in my freezer and that will last me 3-4 months.

>Inb4 europoor, try again faggot, looking at the time zones around the world might also help you

>Who the fuck cooks enough bacon to store the fat?
I'm curious, do you even know how much fat there is in bacon?

>cook breakfast bacon
>cook breakfast hash brown in the same pan

wow so hard where do you even get the bacon fat to do this it must take like 1 whole strip

he means streaky bacon
cooking a pound of that leaves plenty of grease

Yeah of course I do, which is why I only eat it very sparingly.

Fat arse

Btw, bacon in first world countries is not as fatty as shitty 3rd world American bacon. There isn't much left over and we don't starve, nor allre obese.

I always have trouble finding good frozen ones
every single brand i've tried comes out to taste like it was dipped in old fryer oil, so greasy
I even tried making them in the oven with no oil and they taste the same so obviously it isnt the oil i'm using to fry them up on the stove top

Egg

>Canadian bacon
Your kind has no place on this earth

I think you're replying to the wrong person, I've never eaten Canadian bacon in my life.

Literally just ham

your window to weight gain.

>heres your super secret trick!!!

>DAE LE BACON XDDDDDDDDDDD

Sage in every field

Trying too hard: The Post

You still bump threads like this you know, and it's technically against the rules. Also you're a faggot, that's important.

I saged your faggot retard thread

>le rules xDDD

Takes 3 seconds to get a new ip

Go munch on a mutilated kike dick, nigger lover

sage hasn't gone in every field for 5 years now

We call "canadian bacon" ham and we rat regular strips of bwcon you uncultured swine. Va chier!

Sage also isn't meant to be a 'downvote' but I mean... You do know he's shitposting, right?

I was starting to wonder why I was always prepping an oven for the hash browns for my English breakfast so I just dumped them in the pan along with everything else one time, works much better and much more convenient, and cooks in the fat from the bacon.

I don't know why it's not given as a cooking option on the packet and they're so obsessed with oven cooking or grilling them.

deep frying them is the best way to get them crispy

absolute obsession
you can't go 30 seconds without grumbling about "m-muh americans......" can you

Calm down dude.

I heard this flip once thing and threw it out the window as the drunkard cook was a wienie of a dipshit

before 10:30am it's a hash brown.
after that it's a potato cake.

this

Adding oil to the pan is too complicated of a step for most Americans

Have you tried baking them for at 425 degrees for 36 minutes? Overcooking them in my experience makes them taste much better.

you need to add some egg

Dudes, can you pan fry these or do you have to do it in the oven?

Diner style hash browns are way better and worth the effort. Never really cared for the pucks.
The real secret is if they aren't already salted cook fatback in the pan and use the drippings.

Canadian bacon is cured pork tenderloin. If you call tenderloin ham then away with you pleb

you don't, you add eggs and flour for potato pancakes not hash browns.

Flip once as adressed by howard mcgee is the principle by which some foods cook best when the surfaces are heated as hot as possible to facilitate maximum malliard reaction without allowing the center to overcook or dry. Each time you flip you stop heating the surface and the heat built up there transfers to the center. Flip again and you have to build up that thermal energy at the surface all over again to reach temperatures that facilitate the malliard reaction while that heat is still transferring to the center. Your center is overcooked by the time your sides are properly browned. Pleb

I dont have enough bacon fat to deep fry them.

But I can panfry with a bit of the bacon fat easy.

Ive tried deep frying them and they are very crispy but you dont get the potato and bacon flavor.

why wouldn't you get potato flavor from pure potatoes? make them from scratch so you don't need bacon flavor to compensate for shit frozen potatoes.

fuggggg that looks good

Its the combination of the Potato with the kind of fat. The bacon fat that makes a really good flavor.

Like for example how duck fat will give your roasted potato a very unique flavor you cant get with any other kind of fat.

Yes i used clarified butter in those and sometimes duck fat. Those fats aren't the same though and don't change the flavor of the potatoes as much as bacon fat. bacon fat isnt pure fat, it's lard infused with the smokiness of cooked bacon. It's fine if you're just making use of leftover fat or whatever but it's making hash browns into something else, masking the strong potato flavor. it would be overpowering especially if you're already eating bacon with the hash browns.

Bart smeary a Krusty-Burger on a wall and seeing the parking lot was the highlight of The Simpsons, not including the Tree-House of Horrors episodes.

If you're feeling especially like a neck beard, put them in a pop-up toaster to your preferred crispiness.

Good for Katie. Standing up for all butterfaces of the world. I'm sure some desperate nigger somewhere is willing to put his dick in her.

It's I Ate Yo Pee, nigga. They can do what they want, because pancakes will always outperform waffles.