I don't fry.

Fried food is the only food I buy instead of cooking myself

Olive oil my ni**a

Rice bran oil
Peanut oil is also acceptable
everything else is niche or for poorfags

full synthetic oil 2t
just the best, gets that crispy crust and is durable and heat resistant

How much does 1 litre of peanut oil cost in America? I'm curious. It's too expensive here to fry with, but it's affordable to use when cooking Asian food.

Le epin so so ebin patrician :Dd

Well if you know how expensive it is then you already know the price dumbfuck kys

Canola or Peanut oil.

If you're not some poorfuck making minimum wage then it's really not "expensive." Get over it.

you fuckin idiot he knows the price in his cunt, and asked the price in america, get skullraped by a horse

This. Always deep fry with olive oil because its healthy. Make sure you get that shit smoking hot.

Somehow when I can buy a gallon of canola oil at a store for like $6 I don't feel like I'm being raped especially since I make a lot more than that per minute.

Are you so fucking poor that you can't afford $6 for a gallon of canola oil?

lol even a hobo beggar makes more than that
what are you, an idiot who cant use his brain to get maximum gains?
pity you, life is a bitch to idiots like you

That's BS, nobody deep frys with olive oil, it'll burn and taste fucked up.

I think you might have meant for that post to be for the poster before me.

I've always used rapeseed

aka canola oil

EVOO for everything

I've never heard of canola oil, we call it rapeseed oil here

your dumbness is unreal, you can even understand how bad your situation is

coconut oil masterrace

>mfw canolacucks

reporting in

They're pretty much the same thing. Rapeseed and canola oils.

>not frying in lard
i laugh at you soyboys

canola = canadian low acid, made from specific rapeseed varieties that have low erucic acid (known as LEAR).
rapeseed = oil from rapeseed plant, no other specifications, but pretty much identical to canola in most cases.

>falling for the coconut oil meme

I use sunflower oil like normal people

poly unsaturated vegitable fats are better because my facebook yoga class said so

Lard for shallow and deep frying.
Avocado oil for pan frying.
Olive oil in the trash.

OP didn't say deep fry.

Frying impies high temp.
Olive oil and high temp is no.
Stop being a dummy.

Deep frying, I don't really do it often but I'd use canola oil.

Pretty much everything else like shallow fry or searing I use grape seed oil.

Olive oil is more like a condiment.

That's why I wrote, "pretty much the same thing."

Peanut oil.

Only use olive oil for dressing and shit, we get it from a local and shit is expensive.

I will admit that peanut oil leaves a distinct flavor but I like it, otherwise canola oil is my next go to.

>he cant pan fry with olive oil
are you legally retarded?

Thanks for not answering my valid question, morons. I only know how expensive it is in my country, not yours. That's why was asking.

Depends what flavour I want.

Every oil imparts a different taste, so I use what will taste best. The relative smoke points doesn't actually seem to matter as much in my experience.

I was asking about peanut oil you fucking retard.

I can but i dont like fucking up my food. Id rather it not taste like burnt meme oil.

if you cant cook without burning oil maybe you shouldnt cook at all

>What oil do you use for frying stuff?

What am I frying?

But olive or sesame mainly.

Flaxseed oil only right answer

If you dont know what the right oil fot the job is you shouldnt be cooking.

>burns his oil
>"This oil is bad, everyone that uses it is an idiot"

I think your up a little too early. You need to go back to bed.

U wot, it's almost 3 PM

Oh I was just about to ask the same question here:

I have used rapeseed oil before for frying in high temperatures, but the taste is not as neutral as I would want. What other oils can do the job?
Grapeseed oil? I don't know. I just want the same blank stuff thats used in restaurants.

Light sesame oil is not flavorless but close, and is suitable even for deep frying.

Do not substitute dark sesame oil - that one has a stronger flavor, and burns when deep frying and pan frying at high temperatures.

Depends on the food and the cooking temperature. If its lower temp i use olive oil not extra virgin. If its higher temp i use grape seed oil. Grape seed oil has a good mix of fats and a very high smoke point making it objectively the best high temp fry oil.

$3.38 per liter

The oil we used at a restaurant I worked at was a combination of peanut, sesame, and canola oil.

Seemed to work great for deep fried foods.

Might be a little controversial saying this, but fried stuff like chicken and french fries are one food that's honestly better to get from restaurants than at home. Doing it with a skillet can be tricky due to oil temp, and isn't too hard to screw up. Fried food kind of needs a massive factory like infrastructure to produce without much effort, and driving 30 minutes to eat it is still less tedious than making it by hand, which usually leads to worse tasting results anyways.

It's easy with either a wok or dutch oven. Especially if you do it English-style and just keep the oil in it, covered, between uses.

A lot of fried foods are miserable to deal with beyond this, but many aren't, so $12 at your local China market is all that stands between you and on-demand fries or popcorn chicken.

>deep frying: canola oil
>just a quick cook: olive oil

>I can buy a gallon of canola oil at a store for like $6
>I make a lot more than that per minute.
Why do people feel the need to lie on the internet.

10W-30
However, I've used 5W-30 when in a pinch.

Why use shitty olive oil for saute when canola is cheaper, why use expensive olive oil which degrades at high heat?

Ruhlman says it best.

Olive 90% of the time.

inb4 retards that don't know that olive oil =/= extra virgin olive oil

Oh wait.

I don't know how true that is. I was told canola was just a marketing term since American markets didn't think anyone was interested in rapeseed oil.

except that only applies to extra virgin olive oil. Regular olive oil has comparable smoke points to other commonly used oils for cooking

Extra virgin olive oil because it's cheap as fuck. Regular olive oil for frying shit.

All of oil.

Eh, senior consultants can have billable hours starting twice as high.

Sure, but they're probably not shitposting on 4chins before dawn.

>She fries in EVOO because daytime television taught her how to cook

if pumpkin spice:bacon, then evoo:sriracha

countless iterations of tv-pushed "only people like you like this but isn't it awesome aren't you special" ruining good things, not even to increase their viewership numbers but just to segment viewerbases neatly by gender/age/location because kotex will only pay for 13-45 xx female eyeballs and cabela only for 18-65 men

how do people as dumb as you exist?
there is absolutely no way olive oil is the cheapest oil you could be using
not to mention it's not even fit for the job

Usually water.

He's says that he uses olive oil (not extra virgin) for sauteing.

Occasionally. It still has a noticeable flavor that doesn't necessarily flatter everything, but yeah, slut olive oil is nice for sauteed squash or eggplant sometimes; it's just that that's literally the only time you should be frying with it unless you live in the Balkans or something and it's cheaper than canola or peanut.

ocassionally...for quick sauting vegetables.

He says to "Reach first for...vegetable oils like canola"

peanut oil or bacon grease