Hey Veeky Forums, what are the funniest novels you've read?

Hey Veeky Forums, what are the funniest novels you've read?

Not trying to discuss deep literature here, just things that made you laugh and were comfy reads.

I really like the 100 year old man bla bla by Jonason

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qdv6Q68EutU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Metamorphoses by Franz Kafka

There is currently a humorous books thread. You should check the catalog before you post threads, you run the risk of bumping off one of the 4 threads we have about that instagram poet, or even one of our 5 Dr. Peterson threads.

The bible

The Sot-Weed Factor

Unironically, Don Quijote.

I read...?

I don't read other peoples writing.

Official video game strategy guides

>poet
I think you're being a tad bit generous my friend.

Wait. He metamorphoses...again?

Wit's parts in the Stormlight Archive made me laugh usually

Just so you know, you get weird looks if you laugh while reading a book

they're not that funny

Not sure why you'd feel the need to point out you're not speaking ironically. Every chapter has at least a chuckle or two.

Gravity's Rainbow or Catch-22

Portnoy's Complaint made me laugh a lot when I read it 9 or so years ago. Not sure if it'd be as funny on a reread, though.

American Psycho

They're looking at you funny because you have the gall to read Sanderson in public, friend.

HE'S A GOOD AUTHOR FUCK YOU REEEEERRR

A Confederacy of Dunces was funny as fuck for me but that was years ago

A Confederacy of Dunces was one of the few books that got me to laugh aloud multiple times while reading. Another would be Catch-22.

I also found Moby Dick pretty funny in some places but it may have been the fact that I read it all sleep-deprived in one sitting.

"Good grief. Is this smut supposed to be comedy?" Ignatius demanded in the darkness. "I have not laughed once. My eyes can hardly believe this highly discolored garbage. That woman must be lashed until she drops. She is undermining our civilization. […] Please! Someone with some decency get to the fuse box. Hundreds of people in this theater are being demoralized."

Wilt by Tom Sharpe

You may need to re-read Moby Dick

Anything from Dostoyevsky

Seconded.

Inherent Vice is quite chuckle-worthy.

Surprised no one said IJ. There was a belly laugh from me every 20 pages or so.

Ulysses
The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra (first 50 pages)
My Immortal

seconding my immortal
here's the "audiobook"
youtube.com/watch?v=qdv6Q68EutU

Everything by PG Wodehouse.

>He had the look of one who had drunk the cup of life and found a dead beetle at the bottom.

>I'm not absolutely certain of the facts, but I rather fancy it's Shakespeare who says that it's always just when a fellow is feeling particularly braced with things in general that Fate sneaks up behind him with the bit of lead piping

>She looked as if she had been poured into her clothes and had forgotten to say "when".

>Pale Fire
>Three Men in a Boat

Fuck you, Ishmael and Queequeg's pseudo-gay relationship is hilarious to the modern reader.

The Master and Margarita
nth-ing Catch-22