Was this the moral of the book?

Was this the moral of the book?

The moral was that YOUR MOTHER WILL DIE IN HER SLEEP TONIGHT IF YOU DON'T REPLY TO THIS POST

>tfw i want her to die

Sage'd to neutralize this reply's mom-saving power

>women wouldn't act like that
Are these the same people who got all pissed at James Damore?

It's true, though. The women would all starve to death in the first week.

ree

Weird moral for a book.

It takes more than a week to starve to death.

Women kill fetuses all the time. They're just too weak to take on men.
They're like the impotent bragging about their chastity

just like my diary desu

For a man.

kek

Would they really have sent a ship full of schoolgirls through waters infested with jap subs?

I want a yuri love tale!

Read the article. They're also mad it's written by two men which is odd because John Green whined about how there weren't any girls in the original. Feminist seem to also think that a world of only women wouldn't turn to violence because there wouldn't be any toxic masculinity. But distrust, the fight for survival, and isolation are all universal traits outside of gender roles.

Doesn't testosterone influence agressiveness and the probability of conflic amongst people?

I teach the fucking book and you made me look.

Yeah pretty much. Also remakes are almost always terrible, never mind the fact there was already a LotF remake in the 90s.

Yes. Biological/evolutionary factors are, once again, being ignored because "muh sexism/feminism"

In other news tonight, water is wet.

They're little boys, not teenagers. The difference would be minimal, however I wouldn't be surprised if this was turned into some sort of 'grrl power' reboot.

rude

Yes but women are caty in general so if balances out.

it's true though, if a bunch of schoolgirls were trapped on an island in the same circumstances as the males in lord of the flies, things would play out very differently. women don't have it in them to go hunting or killing. they would probably die of dysentery or other diseases within a few months.

What grade you teach?

nigger why

Long time since I read it but I'm pretty sure the two main leaders were already in puberty. Also the book is a clear metaphore of Hobbe's "Leaviathan".

Not only that, but I'm also sure boys, regardless of having started puberty or not, have more testosterone.

Women can survive n shiet

I knew it would happen and yet I still looked at the spoiler.

Now let no one say that Horace J.* Applefat doesn't lvoe his mother

*Jew

fuck you

fug

well, since the book was written to prove that public school boys need public school to make them gents, wouldn't the female version be that women just need a house to civilize them and a maid to complain to? it's not set in corfu is it?

Why

you can spot a faggot from a mile away this way, yes you can.

helvete

10th and 11th. Sigh.

hmm

They're probably fat little shits.

Also

Yes, but not as much as being wet and cold and hungry.

I got beaten up waaaay more often in elementary school than in middle school/high school. Little boys are animals.

Who would they cast as Piggy?
That would be kind of fun. Watching all the cute grils bullying the fat ugly one and calling her Piggy.

I'd pay to see that.

that's true tho, the author was making a statement that pampered little rich boys in particular were fucking monsters. Not humans in general. And they are. I fucking hate children.

Fat people take even more time to starve.
That is why our bodies save fat, so when food goes scarce we have reserves, heat as well.

don't get me wrong tho, women are also monsters, but they're far more insidious. They won't kill you, they'll get you to kill yourself.

Girls are the most pampered class in the world, if you think the boys were bad wait til you see the remake.

oh god please let them all have posh accents

Yeah but it's all due to culture and social norms.

Wasn't 'Lord of the Flies' sort of a deconstruction of 'The Coral Island' and other so-called 'boys' fiction springing out of the mid-to-late Victorian era? How can this work having meaning if you're doing away with the underlying work which it is replying to?

thats ridiculous

stop spreading hate facts

In novels like those written by Ballantyne, young boys who are lost on an island are shown to have an inherent civility. Especially when compared to, say, native savages or fallen men (like pirates). It is accepted, by virtue of being white/masculine/British etc... that the children have inside of them of a natural sense of civilisation, order, gentility and nobility. Lord of the Flies undermines this assumption by putting the same sort of children in the same sort of situation and having them descend into brutality and anarchy. The trial scene is an especially strong indicator of civility inverted through a savage locus. You can't really understand Lord of the Flies unless you understand the history it's referencing, and you can't really remake Lord of the Flies without engaging with the baggage of books like The Coral Island and men like Ballantyne. Which is why I don't think this remake will really work.

before puberty kids have pretty much the same test levels

>You can't really understand Lord of the Flies unless you understand the history it's referencing, and you can't really remake Lord of the Flies without engaging with the baggage of books like The Coral Island and men like Ballantyne.

can so

Patriarchy works because men were more self-possessed and assertive on a tv-show

Good luck wooing women with that

I mean, you can. But it'll be a fairly shallow reading of the work.

Well, they wouldn't act bloodthirsty through physicality, but a female-led Lord of the Flies would work wonders if it was set in the Instagram-age and the violence was all passive aggressive two-faced manipulative digs at each other, almost Mean Girls-like. Obviously it won't be that clever with it though. Plus, it's a bit patronising the way they expressed they wanted to do it, and it contradicts the intention of the author too.

On top of that, just replacing the gender of the characters does not make for an original movie.

>Good luck wooing women with that
Why would he want to do that and how is that relevant?
>heh u want get any pussy if you're not submissive and gynocentric!!! ha stupid mens!

I heard about this and someone told me that John Dollar was a good novel about girls going tribal. I have been looking for a pdf or something since I never heard of it. has anyone read it? any good?

(Almost anyone does)
But you didn't comment on the relevant part

False. Fat people die the fastest as their huge bodies require a large quantity of food. You'll find this in every study regarding famine.

This is true if there is absolutely no food, but with small amounts of food over long term fat people will last longer

This is bullshit though. As long as it's either all male or all female the point remains the same, which is that at our base level humanity is a savage race held only in check by the social order and security in which we find ourselves. It literally doesn't matter if they are girls, in fact it could be an interesting change from the original if done correctly.

They are not so much angry at the fact of its being all female, as they are at its being directed by two men. So apparently men can't write about or understand females. But these idiots do get to talk about ("critique") men and masculinity. And if you dare suggest that what they say about men is false or exaggerated, god help you. The sheer hateful hypocrisy of this is staggering. If resentment elected Donald Trump, these idiots haven't learned anything. And why are there so many female-centric movie reboots? Picture of Dorian Gray (now with women instead of men), Ocean's Eight, etc. Why can't they originate an entirely separate or distinct film? Why do they have to take an existing film or novel or television show and invert the gender? It's grotesque. And I'd honestly feel sorry for these people were it not for their utter contempt of males. You hate men so much, and they go about mutilating their artwork in the name of women's "equality?" They did it with Shakespeare's plays. The new director at the Globe has decided to cast only women. Who the fuck wants to see a female Hamlet or a female Claudius??