How often to you eat steak?

How often to you eat steak?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1329241
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably once a week. Good quality fish, and chicken, are usually eaten to balance cost with mid-level ground beef. Though I consume pork, I rarely eat it.

im too scared to buy steak

I just dont know the etiquette

Growing up we would have it like once a week. Now that I'm on my own and on a student budget about once every two months.

I eat a philly cheesesteak with certified wagyu ribeye almost everyday. Cooked well-done with seasoning salt and accent. Sliced 1/4" thick, top with mushrooms and green peppers. Lots of mayo and cheez-wiz too.

About every day.

I hate you, you dumb frog phone poster.

I am intelligent pc poster

I know I shouldn't be taking this bait but, the etiquette? Of purchasing food in a store?

pretty much never, i don't like steak that much. i'll take a burger over a steak any day.

Probably between 1-3 times per week. This also includes going over to my gf's parents house like once a week and eating bbq tri-tip roast. Although I normally cook up individual steaks myself.

Once every couple of weeks usually.

the meat desk makes me nervous
dont know what to call that

Meat Counter or Butcher Block was what we called when I worked at a grocery store. What I normally do is browse the meat isle for sales and see if I can find a good looking steak. If not I go to the counter. Honestly once you've done it a few times it's no biggy.

Tip your butcher and the cashier. That's pretty much it.

This. 10% to the cashier, 15% to the butcher.

Always stealthfully tip a real butcher. You'll get more and carefully prepared meat because he's getting a larger, tax-free, cut. It most likely will be worth more than the tip. Butchers who own the shop will still lean in your favor for because they make more off you for being a loyal customer.

Growing up every day my family had carne asada. Now that I am at university, I don't even buy meat.

Bavette once a week. Anything else I'll only eat of I'm going out for dinner which is rare.

Once or twice a year, so I really try to make it count. Beef is my favourite meat ever but it makes a good ice breaker into a conversation on climate.

Not steak country here, so i eat it every time i can find nice looking one in shop.

Probably just once every couple of months. I don’t eat beef that isn’t free-range and grass-fed because of environmental concerns. Most of the meat in my diet is sustainably harvested fish and cage-free chicken. And bacon sometimes but I honestly feel kind of bad about that because most pig farms are, like cattle ranches, incredibly destructive to the environment. I don’t even give a shit about the animals suffering I just don’t want to subsidize an industry that wastes literally millions of gallons of precious fresh water every month and pumps the atmosphere full of yet more greenhouse gasses. And I also want to live in a future where the ocean isn’t a nearly-lifeless plastic-choked radioactive cess pool.

Once a month or less.
I am immediately repelled by the cost/lb when it's right next to the ground hamburger.
I also don't really know what to do with it either. I usually just cook it in a pan with some butter and minced garlic+ some seasoning, but I don't get the color I want inside and it isn't very tender. (Usually ends up more medium well accidentally)

tl:dr
I eat mainly soy and eat beef once or twice a year

Tipping a cashier?

Only when my bf makes it, so once every few months. I enjoy it, but all things considered I don't see the appeal; give me a decent fish over red meat any day.

I eat it every 3 weeks or so. It's just a quickly prepared meal when I don't want to spend much time prepping. I usually het 2 meals out of it by eating 3/4 for the main dinner and a steak sandwich for lunch the next day. Certainly not in my favorite category, tfs.

Looks like we've got an anti-tipper

>Looks like we've got an anti-tipper
>/pol/ is a nigger hangout now? interesting...

Not too often. Maybe once or twice a month as a gift to myself when I make a big sale at work or something. When I'm going to have a steak, I buy a nice cut and grill it over charcoal. I rarely order them at restaurants because it's normally not anything I couldn't make myself.

I enjoy a good steak as a reward.

once a week
beef steak is a good source of protein for a Veeky Forums diet

>nogs don't tip meme
Yeah, no.
>black neighbor asks if I'll wheel his garbage can to the curb while he's out of town.
>puts a $20 bill in an envelope with a thank you card in the mailbox.
>feed a whitetrash neighbor's dogs for 5 days while they're out of town.
>thanks, user, god will surely bless you!
>y-you too, ya evangelical wench assfuck!

Statistics actually show blacks tip less, even controlling for all other factors. Even when they tried to make statistics less racist, they couldn't

white kid in suburbia presents one anecdotal tale about his rich nigger neighbor who actully tips.

sheltered white kids like you who thinks they "understand" how blacks live are unaware of their own ignorance. come live in Atlanta for a week. your liberal ass will change your tune in no time.

atlanta, as an urban center, is liberal as fuck
and the rapid gentrification going on is only making it even MORE liberal

>highly dubious claim
>no sources
yeah, I'm sure bud

never. I prefer pork.

ive never eaten steak b4

B-but on /pol/ we post w/o sources 'n no one ever calls us out! Why is Veeky Forums so mean and not like my safespace?

>this anecdotal evidence of a very best outlier will surely prove my point against this anecdotal evidence of a very worst outlier!

There are studies that show they don't tip as much as any other race.

Go to an Asian-owned restaurant and wait to see a black family walk in. Chang's face will instantly sour.

>being so incompetent he can't even do a simple google search

also anyone who's ever worked even a week in the service industry will tell you black people are terrible tippers, and generally unpleasant customers as well.

>bitching about anecdotal evidence while saying "there are studies" without posting any sources

Cry more

npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1329241

>I can't use google

Enjoy btw

the butcher will be glad to help you out. there's no real etiquette, just ask him "hey I've never cooked steak before what's a good cut" and they'll be glad to help. dont be afraid to ask questions, these people are obsessed with meat and love talking about it.

>thinking you btfo'd someone simply because you did what you should have in the first place
babbies

>OP asks how often you eat steak
>thread derails to niggers tipping in like 3 posts

Whenever I see a 50% off expires tomorrow steak I buy it

They start to go from red to grey but that's just cosmetics they still taste just as good

>study indicates a 3% difference in tip amounts among black and white customers
>this confirms blacks don't tip
LOL! Your own evidentiary study shows there is literally no difference! Fuck, you /pol/tards should keep with your wild assertions instead of posting evidence that refutes your own argument.

>Though I consume pork, I rarely eat it.

Nigga what do you do, stick it up your ass?

>falling for the “diet can effect hormones” meme
>falling for the “real men do ____” meme
>falling for the “environmentalism is only a liberal thing” meme
>falling for the “climate change isn’t real” meme
Are you fucking gay or something?

sounds nice. the people in stores here are just slave driven immigrants who don't want to talk and look like they wish for death

Once a year or so. I don't like cheap steaks, and when I'm dropping that kind of dough good steaks cost I usually opt for lamb chops instead.

It depends on the season I guess. When beef goes on sale during "cookout season" maybe once a week or more. When boneless chuck roast is on sale (usually in autum), I might cut a Denver steak about once a week. In the current season (winter) and through early spring, maybe once every three weeks.

look nigger OP asked how many times people ate steak and you went off about shit no one cared about.

>not knowing ice caps are growing
>not knowing polar bear populations have increased like 10x since they were first recorded in the 50's
>not knowing NOAA lied about increasing temperatures
are you some kind of soyboy or something?

Too often, I'll be dead by 30

A couple times per year. I like pork and seafood more than beef, and I have to watch my meat intake for medical reasons.

Depends. I tend to buy steak in bulk once every few months and freeze what I'm not using immediately to pad out my family's dinners. If I've stocked up we usually have steak twice a week.

>the meat desk makes me nervous

Living in Japan it's hard to find affordable and most importantly THICC cut steak. I don't know why these japs like to slice everything thinly.

I’m about to have one tonight
How do you prepare your steak? Mine’s currently resting with coarse salt on it. Debating doing peppercorn as well. Pan fried, flip it every minute until medium rare.

user, purchase some thin sliced beef, throw it in a ziploc bag with some spices and seasonings and let it marinate in the fridge for a few hours, bake that shit in the lowest heat possible in your oven and boom home made jerky, delicious
I sometimes throw some whiskey in the bag for a smoky flavor